Bojangles69 is offline Banned

changing ip/proxy settings

this is not for this site obviously, but im just curious. when you get banned from a site i thought it was your ip address they used but after reading a little i learned thats not the case and your ip address changes frequently. it seems like they put a proxy scanner that scans your proxy (w/e the hell that is) but is there a way to change your proxy settings??
    i saw this http://www.proxyswitcher.com/
    so following the procedure wouldnt that make it impossible to get banned from a site?? this may be a wierd topic but im curious cause it seems like anyone with a bit of knowledge can avoid being banned forever. how do you prevent that? if this is against rules ill remove it but sometime i just need to know worthless shit..

and i know when you ask a question like this people will tend to answer with a million questions.. but im actually curious about this. i took a programming course and learned nothing about shit like this, just how to program javascript.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    It depends on the host site. Some can detect proxy servers and wont let you in while in other cases you are right you can surf undetected. You can go in your browser settings and plug in a proxy. Something like Ghost surf will let you surf without detection

Quote Originally Posted by Prada
    It depends on the host site. Some can detect proxy servers and wont let you in while in other cases you are right you can surf undetected. You can go in your browser settings and plug in a proxy. Something like Ghost surf will let you surf without detection
    hmm thats interesting. so if the highest line of defense would be to detect a proxy server, and you change your proxy with some software like ghost serf or make it invisble, that would make it impossible to be banned permanently??

stee is offline Member
    It actually sounds like you are conspiring to concieve some dodgy shit on the net rather than comming back here after getting banned.
    haha

Quote Originally Posted by stee
    It actually sounds like you are conspiring to concieve some dodgy shit on the net rather than comming back here after getting banned.
    haha
    no if i ever got banned from here i would never come back even if i could, ive spent entirely too much time posing worthless nonsense to begin, and woudlnt want to waste anymore time from my valuable life had the cycle been broken and i had more reason to be less of a computer geek. but people kind of know me so i would never start back at square one. and plus i think they would know who i was anyway if i did come back.
    but no i was actually not banned from a whole site, but a chat room thats part of a site. and its kinda a private chat room (nothing to with what you pervs are thinking of) and ive learned a lot from it, just where people talk a lot about intellectual things. so i changed my proxy, changed my ip, and changed my name and im not sure which oone worked but i was banned before and now im not lol.
    if i was banned for doing something wrong i wouldnt have went back but all i did was recommend a supplement a few times to someone and put a link in and i got banned for spamming, when i was just offering someone who knew nothing about fitness a little nugget of knowledge. but i suppose the lazy ass moderator wasnt paying attention to the conversation. but thanks anyway im back in!!

stee is offline Member
    id imagine that they wouldnt be able to ban you out right. ive just started readin in to IP adresses and how they work etc. and the impression im under is they only allow them to trace the line to your provider and then the details are passed on form there. if you change your phone line or provider then i cant see how they can ban you for good. it dont ad up, but like i said ive only just started this stuff so i guess ill find out eventually.

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69
    but no i was actually not banned from a whole site, but a chat room thats part of a site. and its kinda a private chat room (nothing to with what you pervs are thinking of) and ive learned a lot from it, just where people talk a lot about intellectual things. so i changed my proxy, changed my ip, and changed my name and im not sure which oone worked but i was banned before and now im not lol.
    It was the proxy. If you are connected to the Internet through proxy server, then only your proxy IP address can be detected by the sites you visit.

Thread Information