Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bimmer 745 Li

Sage is offline Anabolic Member

bimmer 745 Li

i was wondering if anyone here owns/(ed) one and provide some feedback on the vehicle. i am looking for 03 model.

I have been 3.0 X5 Sports Package owner for over four years owning two of them, but now decided to go with a luxury sedan. I am open to suggestions of anything else besides the bimmer as well, but have never been a major fan of Mercedes personally.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    My friend is on his second one. He has like a 02 or 03, I cant remember. I love the car. There is so much room in the seats (front and back) and so much power in the front it is rediculous. He has a stage 2 Dinan on it now, so it is pretty fast.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    my father had one a few years back...thing was sick...lots of room and interior was sick...as long as u know how to use that idrive shit or whatever its called then ur fine...how much is an 03 goin for?...

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    It's a nice car especially with the sports kit. It's sportier then the old 745s. Itll take you months to master all the functions the car has. Personally I prefer the 645, it's a luxury sports car, with some room and comfort. I also like the CL 55 AMG but a non AMG would be fine.
    If youre investing into the 745 forget it because the resale value will be sh*t. The benz S-Class depreciates less

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    i'm suprised more of us don't drive one. my internet car is a gallardo.

T3/T4 GSR is offline Senior Member
    Great cars but they feel kind of numb compared to other BMWs. I would drive the new M5 also. Priced similar to the 7 and a lot more fun to drive with plenty of room.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    Sage get one. I have the 2002 745i and the 2006 760li. Very smooth cars to drive. I have never sat in the back but the people that have had the opportunity said its awsome. These cars drive very smooth and one you hit the pedal it takes off. Buy it and you will see a huge difference.

Badgerman is offline Banned
    I've owned three.......an M3......750iL .......and a 740iL
    Unless you're carrying alot of people all the time I would
    seriously consider the M5.....V10 500hp.....

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    M opinion : it kicks a$$ , simple as that beautifull, big and powerfull

bor
    Quote Originally Posted by Prada
    It's a nice car especially with the sports kit. It's sportier then the old 745s. Itll take you months to master all the functions the car has. Personally I prefer the 645, it's a luxury sports car, with some room and comfort. I also like the CL 55 AMG but a non AMG would be fine.
    If youre investing into the 745 forget it because the resale value will be sh*t. The benz S-Class depreciates less
    You spoiled mammas boy bastards

And I think I'm so cool in my black golf V with xennons
    Last edited by bor; 07-05-2006 at 02:14 AM.

Stumbo is offline Senior Member
    Its not the car you drive, its the size of the arm hanging out the window....

i'll try tio get most of the replies

i am was debating between white and black, but will go with gray and black interior.
    I am not investing into any of my daily driven cars at all, therefore i just get a top model with all the bells and whistles, where stock wide sports rims will feel out the wheel whale nicely.

I don't have a job where i am in need for this cars, i buy them for pure fun and sell the car within two years period and losing only a few $Ks, but much less if i was going to lease one since all the vehicles are purchased from exotic dealer's only car auction where they are being financed through a private bank will extremely low interest rate and than i sell them back at the auction.

I am not here to pose and was just getting honest opinions therefore the Internet car nonsense was just plain immature imo. there are bros on the board who have nice cars and i do understand the hate from less fortunate ones, but this car is very obtainable if you have your priorities straight.

I will finally be posting pics here in the first days of Sept after my bulk cycle which is going well up to now, therefore the arm size sticking out of the window and yet to be determined.

To answer a question the vehicle in the pic below will run between $36-to-$39K under 50K miles for 03.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bimmer 745 Li-bimmer.jpg  

get the white. I got one black and it gets really dirty and dusty all the time. you can see any scratch on it. The white ones seem more clean all the time.

Thats a really good price if you can get a 2003 sage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    i'll try tio get most of the replies

i am was debating between white and black, but will go with gray and black interior.
    I am not investing into any of my daily driven cars at all, therefore i just get a top model with all the bells and whistles, where stock wide sports rims will feel out the wheel whale nicely.

I don't have a job where i am in need for this cars, i buy them for pure fun and sell the car within two years period and losing only a few $Ks, but much less if i was going to lease one since all the vehicles are purchased from exotic dealer's only car auction where they are being financed through a private bank will extremely low interest rate and than i sell them back at the auction.

I am not here to pose and was just getting honest opinions therefore the Internet car nonsense was just plain immature imo. there are bros on the board who have nice cars and i do understand the hate from less fortunate ones, but this car is very obtainable if you have your priorities straight.

I will finally be posting pics here in the first days of Sept after my bulk cycle which is going well up to now, therefore the arm size sticking out of the window and yet to be determined.

To answer a question the vehicle in the pic below will run between $36-to-$39K under 50K miles for 03.

thro some 22's on it

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    What is a Bimmer?

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    What is a Bimmer?

~SC~
    BMW. they make cars.

Oh, Beamer.

Bimmer rhymes with trimmer.

Phonics peeps, phonics.....

~SC~

Thats awfully cheap for a 745. See what I mean it loses it's value like hell. In three four years itll be $18,000. Think about it,

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It could be French. The I sounds like an E or may be it is German, lol
    abstrack@protonmail.com

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Oh, Beamer.

~SC~
    hahahhahahahahahhaha

Oh, Beamer.

~SC~
    it's a german company; they tend not to use american-english spelling schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by firmechicano831
    get the white. I got one black and it gets really dirty and dusty all the time. you can see any scratch on it. The white ones seem more clean all the time.
    Yur right about that........black requires constant attention to look good......
    black is royal pain in the ass
    Last edited by Badgerman; 07-05-2006 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    black is royal pain in the ass
    and Logan would know all about that from days in the kooler

bor
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    yes but in Europe a BMW is a BMW, not a beemer OR a bimmer, bummer, bommer, or whatever you silly americans call 'em

Yeah, but they are advertised all over as BEAMERS, not Bimmers, no matter where you are. Even at the BMW lot here there is a sign reading "BEAMERS ARE SCREAMERS", from the company itself.

Whatever....

~SC~

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    id go jap over european. even american car makers make better cars then the europeans. the latest consumer report says that buick has less defects then mercedes. reality vs perception my friend. besides i heard that i-drive nonsense is so counter intuitive. if you want to add a video game like function to a car you let the japs who invented playstation and nintendo do it lol!!!

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?

Right

You are right about that my friend just bought the new M5 and it's crazy fast...it's the fastest production 4 door car out and we were keeping up to my friend with a 95 ferrari 355...it's super fast and sounds sick!!!!

Buick vs Benz

Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    id go jap over european. even american car makers make better cars then the europeans. the latest consumer report says that buick has less defects then mercedes. reality vs perception my friend. besides i heard that i-drive nonsense is so counter intuitive. if you want to add a video game like function to a car you let the japs who invented playstation and nintendo do it lol!!!
    I would rather take a defective Benz than a perfect Buick.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by style74
    I would rather take a defective Benz than a perfect Buick.
    i dont have time to be bothered at the service station, no matter how nice they are. my friend had a z4, door locks were effed up, top leaked, and a few other minor issues. my boss has an M class benz and that thing has been in the shop more times this past year then i can count. electrical system messed up or something. ive owned a subaru and now have a nisssan, never any problems and the suby had 400hp running through stock internals. i live in NY, everyone and their mother has a beamer. its nothing special, but to each is own. id never own a buick as well. but if you gave me an E or C class benz id sell it and buy an Acura TL and pocket the difference.

BMW: Bayerische Motoren Werke
    in english it's Bavarian Motor Works

Yeah, but they are advertised all over as BEAMERS, not Bimmers, no matter where you are. Even at the BMW lot here there is a sign reading "BEAMERS ARE SCREAMERS", from the company itself.

Whatever....

~SC~

Bimmer - proper accepted slang for BMW cars. Most people don't know this.
    Beamer/Beemer - proper accepted slang for BMW motorcycles. You will hear this term used incorrectly by many people.

no way i can push the 06 M5 at this time, although i can get the 03 M5 model for the same price as 745Li, but i am not to fond of the 03 M5 bodystyle and just looking for a nice overall cruiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Prada
    Thats awfully cheap for a 745. See what I mean it loses it's value like hell. In three four years itll be $18,000. Think about it,
    bro, its cheap because i am not buying from a dealer, off the lots they go for high $40-to-mid $50s. From my experience BMWs actually keep their value well compare to a mercedes /lexus/audi.

Yeah thats a good price. It's a car I would NEVER buy new. Right off the lot you lose like $30,000 right there.
    But you have to be carefull in BMW the 300 600 X and M series dont depreciate to much, the 500 and 700 series lose value.
    Audi except A4, S4 all depreiciate very fast.
    Benz besides the E-class they dont depreciate to much.

A least in upstate NY.

right

Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    i dont have time to be bothered at the service station, no matter how nice they are. my friend had a z4, door locks were effed up, top leaked, and a few other minor issues. my boss has an M class benz and that thing has been in the shop more times this past year then i can count. electrical system messed up or something. ive owned a subaru and now have a nisssan, never any problems and the suby had 400hp running through stock internals. i live in NY, everyone and their mother has a beamer. its nothing special, but to each is own. id never own a buick as well. but if you gave me an E or C class benz id sell it and buy an Acura TL and pocket the difference.
    You are definately right though i had a 96 nissan maxima and it was great never had a problem with it or anything and acura's and subaru's are very nice reliable cars also, very true!! Maybe your boss got a Monday or Friday car and that's why he has problem's, i mean any way you look at it someone is going to get a lemon wether it be a Nissan or a benz.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    i'm suprised more of us don't drive one. my internet car is a gallardo.
    Mine is a a diablo

Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    no way i can push the 06 M5 at this time, although i can get the 03 M5 model for the same price as 745Li, but i am not to fond of the 03 M5 bodystyle and just looking for a nice overall cruiser.
    I would do the 745 then........great cars.........best car in the world outside of the million dollar type exotics

bor

Whatever....

~SC~
    Didn't know that, screamers

unvme9180 is offline Associate Member
    how about the Audi A8. they are sweeeeeet. IMO the most overlooked luxury car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information