Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    no1snowman is offline Junior Member

Good Quotes anyone

Like to say sorry about the last trend I started...anyways...quotes like...

" Dont think how weak you are, think of how strong your going to be"

" Its excellent to have the size and strength of a giant, but to use it like one is tyrannous"

my favorate "There is strength in numbers and those numbers come in pounds"

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    I am a huge quote fan, here are some I have saved on my PC

*EDIT: here are a TON I have saved lol:

Quotes
    -"I paid a worker at New York's zoo to re-open it just for me and Robin. When we got to the gorilla cage there was 1 big silverback gorilla there just bullying all the other gorillas. They were so powerful but their eyes were like an innocent infant. I offered the attendant $10,000 to open the cage and let me smash that silverback's snotbox! He declined." - Mike Tyson

-"Lord grant me the serinity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
    --Saint Francis of Assisi

-"Follow your dreams but dont let your life become one."

-"To achieve what others cant, you have to do what others won't".......

-"If I could not get through it, GOD would not bring me to it."

-"People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage others"

--"no matter how good looking a girl is, somebody, somewhere is sick of her shit"

-Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

-"Many things in life will catch your eye, but only few will catch your heart: pursue those."

-""I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."

-"Nothing in life that is worth while comes without sacrifice"

-"Any man has the chance to sweep any woman off her feet, all he needs is the right broom." -HITCH

-"Never long for anyone in your past, for there is a reason why they never made it to your future."

-"Rain puts a hole in stone due to its consistency, not it's force"-Confucious

-"Rome wasn't built in a day"

-"A friend is somebody who will come and bail you out of jail, but a true friend is someone who will be sitting right there next to you saying, damn that was fun!"

-"the grass may always look greener on the other side, but remember....you still gotta mow it"
    -
    Arrogance is THINKING you are better than everyone else and telling them so; confidence is KNOWING you are better than everyone else, and keeping your mouth shut!

-Find something worth dying for...and live for it

-RESPECT ALL, ADMIRE FEW, IDOLIZE NONE

-I asked for strength.... and was given difficulties to make me strong. I asked for wisdom.... and was given problems to solve. I asked for prosperity... and was given brain and brawn to work. I asked for courage... and was given danger to overcome. I asked for love... and was given troubled people to help. I asked for favors... and was given opportunities. I received nothing I wanted... I received everything I needed.

"But do not feel overwhelmed by the length of this journey. All you ever need do is focus on one thing, what you are doing. Stay on the path and put one foot in front of the other - that is all. There is joy in the struggle."

P.T. Sudo

"Too many of us today want instant gratification.... We want reward without work. We want the thinking done for us. We want to understand something right away or we can't be bothered. This attitude demeans the accomplishments of those who are true masters."

-P.T. Sudo

"The key is not to think of doing things right every time; the thought seems too overwhelming. Just do it right one time: this time, right now. That's all you ever have to worry about. Do what has to be done, when it has to be done, as well as it can be done, and do it that way every time."

P.T. Sudo

"If you focus on results, you will never change.
    If you focus on change, you will get results."
    - Jack Dixon

“Set goals for yourself that are not linked to outcomes but rather to actions.”
    - JM Blakley

"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always
    wins - not through strength but by perseverance."

-Jackson Brown

be master OF mind rather than mastered BY mind.
    -Zen saying

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
    -Gandhi (1869-1948)

Remember to stay focused on the true opponent: yourself.
    -JM Blakley

The real and most dangerous opponents we face are fear, anger, confusion, doubt, and despair. If we overcome those enemies that attack us from within, we can attain a true victory over any attack from without.
    -morihei ueshiba

-"some people put up walls, not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break through"

-"Love is a waiting room between pleasure and pain" – Aerosmith

-"ill do today what others wont, so tomorrow i can do what others cant."

-“TENTATIVE EFFORTS LEAD TO TENTATIVE OUTCOMES. THEREFORE, GIVE YOURSELF FULLY TO YOUR ENDEVOURS. DECIDE TO CONSTRUCT YOUR CHARACTER THROUGH EXCELLENT ACTIONS AND DETERMINE TO PAY THE PRICE OF A WORTHY GOAL. THE TRIALS YOU ENCOUNTER WILL INTRODUCE YOU TO YOUR STRENGTHS. REMAIN STEADFAST AND ONE DAY YOU WILL BUILD SOMETHING THAT ENDURES; SOMETHING WORTHY OF YOUR POTENTIAL.”

-EPICTETUS ROMAN TEACHER, PHILOSOPHER 55-135 A.D.

-
    "Courage is being scared to death... but saddling up anyway." -John Wayne

-

MORE....KEEP IN MIND THESE ARE COMPLETELY RANDOM AND I DID NOT RE READ THEM ALL, WHO KNOWS WHAT"S IN HERE:

"The Iron never lies to you. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go, but 200 pounds is always 200 pounds."
    -Henry Rollins

-LIVE HARD, DIE HARD AND LOVE HARD IN BETWEEN
    BECAUSE TOMORROW AIN'T GUARANTEED AND TODAY IS SLIPPING AWAY

-"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

-"the most times per year you can train a body part incredibly heavy, with major strength gains, and recover will equal out to the fastest accumulation of muscle mass possible". –Dante

-"When you are born you are crying and everyone is smiling, make sure when you die everyone is crying and you are smiling"

-Don't think of her as gone away
    Her journey's just begun
    Life holds so many facets
    This earth is only one
    Just think of her as resting
    From the sorrows and the tears
    In a place of warmth and comfort
    Where there are no days and years
    Think how she must be wishing
    That we could know today
    How nothing but our sadness
    Can really pass awayAnd think of her as living
    In the hearts of those she touched
    For nothing loved is ever lost
    And she was loved so much
    -Kale……AR

-"There are over 550 Million Firearms in worldwide circulation. Thats one firearm for every 12 people on the planet. The only question is, "How do we arm the other 11?"" - Nicholas Cage - Lord of War

-"Its better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it." - Woodrow F. Call

-"If a man can't take it on the race track, he might as well tie kerosene rags around his ankles so ants won't crawl up and eat his candy ass." - Dale Earnhardt

-"If you’re not the lead dog, the view never changes"

-Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.
    Dale Carnegie

-"The only way to find the limits of the possible is by going beyond them to the impossible."
    ~Arthur C. Clarke

-Everyone likes to talk about what they are going to accomplish, but not many like to talk about all the hard work they are going to have to do to get there. All too often you hear “I’m going to squat 700 pounds next year” or something similar, but rarely do you hear “I’m going to work my ass off on a consistent basis and learn as much as I can. I have a lot of work ahead of me.” Perhaps we should try to find more satisfaction in the work we do than in the results we achieve. Ultimately there is no duality between means and ends.

-“Set goals for yourself that are not linked to outcomes but rather to actions.”
    - JM Blakley

-"If you focus on results, you will never change.
    If you focus on change, you will get results."
    - Jack Dixon

-
    Being Young brings so much freedom as well as responsibilites
    It teaches us how to live life
    It helps us explore new limits of our souls
    It makes us see the light in this dark world
    It takes so mcuh time to learn to live life
    By the time we learn
    Being young i just a thought in our aging minds
    We like to see love when we are young
    It makes us focus on new emotions
    It makes us feel important
    We dont realize though that we are in love for the wrong reasons
    We fall in love when we are young to make the pain stop
    But as the love grows the pain increases
    As good as love feels
    It is death of being young
    Being young is the beginning of life
    The beginning is supposed to be easy
    Life never gets easy
    Whether you are young or old
    Life is a mystery
    It makes our world and endless maze
    You go through the mase making choices
    Should I go left or right?
    If you pick right, you are wrong
    If you pick left, you are wrong
    In life there is no right choice
    The only choice is your choice
    We always make the wrong choice on love when we are young
    We think we are right for being in love
    But being young doesn't make us realize we are wrong
    In life you are never right
    The only thing I know is that I'm too young to understand
    I will someday realize though that I will be too old to understand
    I guess I will never understand
    That is life.
    BEING YOUNG - by Matt Bonds (my buddy who passed a few years ago wrote this)
    April 14, 1984 - March 29, 2002

-"What we think about, we become, all day long." -- Siddhartha Gotama Buddha

-"it doesnt matter who you are or where you work it doesnt matter who you are or what you earn what matters is what you give and what you love what matters is how you live and if you love" -hwm

-It's like when going into battle your armor is firm and reflects all. As the battle begins you take a hit here take a hit there. At the same time you're taking down countless enemy after countless enemy. As the enemies start to thin out so do you. Now your armor is thin. One shot could pierce right through. This is when it counts most to stay on you game to save up all that you have left for that one last battle. To come out victorious in the end

Last one:

-"The early bird gets the worm... But the second mouse gets the cheese"
    -- God keeps his promise, and he will not allow
    you to be tested beyond your power to remain
    firm; at the time you are put to the test, he will
    give you the strength to endure it, and so
    provide you with a way out.
    1 Corinthians 10:13

-At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out. They fence you in. - Meredith Grey
    -
    "The quality of an individual is reflected in the standards they set for themselves."

Say...
    I love you. Say I don't. Say I want to; say I won't. Say I'm sorry, I forgive you, I miss you. Say I need you to be honest with me. Say I need your help. Say Thank you, I don't need your help. Say You're hair is beautiful, your dress is pretty. You're looking great. Say No, I don't want that; yes, I want that there. Say I don't know exactly what to say. Say Hello and smile. Say Goodbye. Say what you mean. Say what you must say. Say I am not the source of your pain. Say I am so very proud of you. Say I am so happy you are part of my life. Say exactly as much as needs to be said. Then don't say another word.
    "I didn't ask for it to be over, but then again, I didn't ask for it to begin. For that's the way it is with life, as some of the most beautiful days come completely by chance... But even the most beautiful days eventually have their sunsets."
    -I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. ~Michael Jordan

-Think yourself stronger... If you truly believe in yourself and how you go about doing your normal daily things you will reach it... Believe it and dream it. Dreams are what keep things moving forward if you had no determination or dreams what makes you want to live?

-You dont know how little you actually know until you know it

-"But you know, the thing about romance is people only get together right at the very end."

"The less people can categorize you, the more people will want to know about you. Be unique."
    “to live is to suffer, but to survive is to find meaning in suffering”

“"It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them."
    -Agatha Christie
    “It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."
    -Phlogiston Verdigris
    -"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than the facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company; a church; a home. The remarkable thing is, we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you...
    We are in charge of our attitudes."

-"The thrill is found in the pursuit, not always the attainment of that which we think will make us happy."-The life of David Gale

-"Sometimes we must hurt in order to grow. Sometimes we must fail in order to know. Sometimes our visions clear only after our eyes are washed away with tears."
    - Anonymous
    -
    To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

-Too often we are scared.

Scared of what we might not be able to do.

Scared of what people might think if we tried.

We let our fears stand in the way of our hopes.

We say no when we want to say yes.

We sit quietly with the others when we want to scream.

And we shout with the others,

when we should keep our mouths shut.

Why?

After all,

we do only go around once.

There is really no time to be afraid.

So stop.

Try something you have never tried.

Risk it.

Enter a triathalon.

Write a letter to the editor.

Demand a raise.

Call winners at the toughest court.

Throw away your television.

Bicycle across the United States.

Try bobsledding

Try anything.

Speak out against the designated hitter.

Travel to a country where you don't speak the language.

Patent something.

CALL HER.

You have nothing to lose

and EVERYTHING

EVERYTHING TO GAIN....

JUST DO IT....... –Barry Sanders, Nike

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Spound has some good stuff - I started to put together some and I need to add a few of those... here is the page... I think I have a few to add

here's another I just rememberd.."If your so big and strong how come you cant take out the trash"......MOM

The one that keeps me going when im about to die from a long enduring run...

"Pain is temporary, pride is forever."

"people dont lack strength, they lack will".........Victor Hugo

"pain is weakness leaving the body"....unknown

Mizfit is offline Banned
    "Our health always seems much more valuable after we lose it."

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

"Obstacles are those frightening things that become visible when we take our eyes off our goals."

"To be prepared is half the victory."

juiceboxxx is offline Banned
    boring thread

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    I disagree with Juicebox, this is a great thread. Good stuff, and thank you for everyone who put the time into showing all of them. There are people out here who appreciate intelligent statements from our past generations.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    No qoute thread is a good thread without qoutes from Einstein!

Quote Originally Posted by Einstein
    The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by the prohibition law. For nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced. It is an open secret that the dangerous increase of crime in the United States is closely connected with this.
    My First Impression of the U.S.A. (1921)
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
    "What Life Means to Einstein" in The Saturday Evening Post (26 October 1929)
    Being a lover of freedom, when the revolution came in Germany, I looked to the universities to defend it, knowing that they had always boasted of their devotion to the cause of truth; but, no, the universities immediately were silenced. Then I looked to the great editors of the newspapers whose flaming editorials in days gone by had proclaimed their love of freedom; but they, like the universities, were silenced in a few short weeks... Only the Church stood squarely across the path of Hitler's campaign for suppressing truth. I never had any special interest in the Church before, but now I feel a great affection and admiration because the Church alone has had the courage and persistence to stand for intellectual truth and moral freedom. I am forced thus to confess that what I once despised I now praise unreservedly.
    Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it.
    As quoted by Virgil Henshaw in Albert Einstein: Philosopher Scientist (1949)
    This topic brings me to that worst outcrop of the herd nature, the military system, which I abhor. That a man can take pleasure in marching in formation to the strains of a band is enough to make me despise him. He has only been given his big brain by mistake; a backbone was all he needed. This plague-spot of civilisation ought to be abolished with all possible speed. Heroism by order, senseless violence, and all the pestilent nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism — how I hate them! War seems to me a mean, contemptible thing: I would rather be hacked in pieces than take part in such an abominable business.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    I have this one on my email signature.. And Spound, thanks for posting that one of mine, it brings tears to my eyes everytime I read that.

Life isnt measured by how many breaths you take;
    But, by the moments that take your breath away.

Equations are more important to me, because politics is for the present, but an equation is something for eternity.
    I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own — a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms.
    If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.
    this one I like by feynman
    Quote Originally Posted by Feynman
    God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand. Now, when you finally discover how something works, you get some laws which you're taking away from God; you don't need him anymore. But you need him for the other mysteries. So therefore you leave him to create the universe because we haven't figured that out yet; you need him for understanding those things which you don't believe the laws will explain, such as consciousness, or why you only live to a certain length of time — life and death — stuff like that. God is always associated with those things that you do not understand. Therefore I don't think that the laws can be considered to be like God because they have been figured out.
    Physics is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it.
    Physics is to math what sex is to masturbation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weinberg
    Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion
    I love this one
    Quote Originally Posted by Weinberg
    One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment

Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."
    I had that one as my sig for a long time. Its great!

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    "there is no right way to do the wrong thing"

"things equal out... if you think too much of yourself, others won't"

"we grow strong from the challenges we face, not those we evade"

"the people who are crazy enought o think they can change the world... are the ones who do"

"what we do in life...echoes in eternity"

(this one fits this forum well) "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man"

(so does this one) "You never see big branches on small trees"

"love... some people get it, for some its just a glove that just never fitted. for me its just a pain in the ass...but i'm addicted to the taste of hoping it could last"

"every f*cking set...
    every f*cking cardio session
    every f*cking drop of sweat...
    reminds me of the challenge...
    and when i want to quit, it also reminds me who i'm competing against...
    i'm competing agains the baddest, sickest, motherf*cker alive...
    myself"

Liftnainez is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceboxxx
    boring thread
    i disagree.. why even comment?

Liftnainez is offline Banned
    great thread.. spound there are some very good ones in your posts

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    now ladies and gentlemen...some of Tyler's contribution to the quote thread...

"i want you to hit me, as hard as you can"

"I want you to hit me as hard as you can...what, what do you want me to do just hit you?...c'mon do me this one favor...why?...why? i don't know why, i don't know never been in a fight. you?...no but that's a good thing... no it is not, how much can you know about yourself if you've never been in a fight, i don't wanna die without any scars, so c'mon hit me before i lose my nerve...this is crazy...so go crazy let er' rip... i don't know about this...i don't either, who gives a shit, no ones watchin', what do you care?...this is crazy, you want me to hit you?...that's right...where, like in the face?...surprise me...this is so f***ing stupid... ..(hilarious pause and point).. ... ..(throws a pathetic punch)... mother f***er, you hit me in the ear...well jesus i'm sorry...oww christ, right in the ear...i'm sorry i f***ed it up...no it was perfect"

"its only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything"

"strangers with this kind of honesty make me go a big rubbery one"

"what concerns me is celebrity magazines... cable television with 500 channels, some guys' name on my unerwear, rogaine, viagra, olestra...Martha Stewart...f*ck Martha Stewart... Martha's policy is like brass on the Titanic, f*ck it, its all going down"

"our fathers were the models for God, if our fathers failed what does that tell us about God? you need to consider the thought that God doesn't like you, he never wanted you, and in all probability... he hates you. f*ck damnation man, f*ck redemption, if we are God's unwanted children...then so be it"

"you wanna finish her off?"

"only after disaster can we be resurrected"

"now a question of ettiquite, as I pass do I give you the ass or the crotch?"

"the things you own, end up owning you"

"you have to know, not fear, that someday you're gonna die"

"In the world I see...you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wristthick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway."

"on a long enough timeline...the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"

"this is your life, and its ending one minute at a time"

stee is offline Member
    "you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas" Dad, when i was hanging with the wrong crowd 1996.

"a wise head keeps a still tounge" Dad, when the some one asked me to go down town to answer some questions 1998.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Churchill had a few.
    Napolean Bonaparte:"Victory belong to the persevering"

aadrenaline is offline Banned
    "buy this car to go to work, go to work to pay for this car"

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    " the dead are so dreadfully dead when they are dead"

"a black belt is only a white belt who tried hard" Some gracie some where

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    nihil sine labore-nothing without work

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    "There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."

tru dat

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    My favorite 3 (outside of the many excellent ones here)

"Fortune favors the bold" -Aristotle

"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember what you said" -Honest Abe Lincoln

and my favorite

"It is my belief that the greatest moment in a man's life is when he is standing on the battlefield with his arms raised, exahusted and alone....victorious" -Vince Lombardi

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    good thred keep em comming

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    remember bodybuilding is a marathon not a sprint

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    "Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    "Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
    That's a good one! Reminds of me the days when Poison Ivy was around...

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    I have this one on my email signature.. And Spound, thanks for posting that one of mine, it brings tears to my eyes everytime I read that.

Life isnt measured by how many breaths you take;
    But, by the moments that take your breath away.

No problem bro...when you posted that, it really touched me. Thanks for posting it in the first place

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    ok i like this one from Bill Gates..

Before you were born, your parents werent as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you try to save the rain forest from the parasites of your parents generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

..some deep shit right there

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69
    ok i like this one from Bill Gates..

Before you were born, your parents werent as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you try to save the rain forest from the parasites of your parents generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

..some deep shit right there
    Mrs. Bill gates on the first night of their honeymoon, "So thats why they call it Microsoft...."

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    i like the quote i have....i got a tat of a Cross on my chest and on it it says, Psalm 73:26 which says...
    My flesh and my heart fails, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever

ShnouzedUp is offline Banned
    - You had me from hell no

southmadejd is offline Member
    You never mow another man's lawn.

Woody Harrelson in King Pin.

MotoXracer is offline Associate Member
    Lead me not into temptation. I can get there myself.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    these are great threats guys. Keep them up

-JaH- is offline Junior Member
    im not exactly sure how it goes but its somethingl ike this
    " the right thing and the hard thing are usually the same"

and there was a nother good one from Buddha along the lines of
    "do not believe anything that does not feel right inside your heart, even what i am saying right now"

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    "The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince." - Vincent Lombardi

"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional." - M. Casey

"Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need."

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"True love is new love."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information