Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    This will be my last part on it, I’m not really out to argue but I’m going to definatly disagree on a few points.

Everyone on these subjects think they know what will happen, during the first UFC’s no one would give Chuck a chance in hell to beat Gracie. The sport was young, it has evolved, and it is still evolving today. Don’t think it has reached it’s prime after 5 years in the spot light (I’m waiting for the reply “it’s been out for 8 years in the spot light”).
    While these athletes do train hard, they are not world class athletes. Yes, Boxers have done bad in them, but when was the last time we saw a Tyson or a Lenox Lewis or a Roy Jones Jr in the ring? And I’m not talking about them right now; I’m talking about a boxer of that caliber.

Most of you are writing boxing off as having no ability to defend ones self. Basic wrestling and grappling can in fact be taught and trained in a year. You are not going to be Gracie after a year, but you are going to be able to defend yourself and block when someone is shooting at you. Tyson has a short, stocky build, and is not only a great fast puncher, he is strong. He has the perfect build to block shooting.

He can’t take a punch? Who ever says that is very ignorant?

What I’m saying is Chuck is the most dominate figher in UFC, he avoids the ground. He forces people to stand up and fight him. For some reason they do. Tito tried to beat him on the ground, got knocked out. Tito tried to beat him standing up, got knocked out. I would bet millions on Tyson’s punching ability in strength, speed and accuracy against chucks even if he is out of his prime. He can use the same simple skills that Chuck has developed to stay on his feet. It is not hard to block a leg kick, and it is not that hard to keep someone from shooting out your legs, especially if you are 220lbs and have 2 ft legs. It would be even dangerous to shoot on someone like Tyson, because he is so fast he could catch you before you get to the legs.

BADASS232 you are clearly bias on the entire thread thinking he could not beat a single MMA fighter or Tank Abbot who is pretty washed up himself so I pretty much disregarded everything you said on the subject :P

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg
    What I’m saying is Chuck is the most dominate figher in UFC, he avoids the ground. He forces people to stand up and fight him. For some reason they do. Tito tried to beat him on the ground, got knocked out. Tito tried to beat him standing up, got knocked out. I would bet millions on Tyson’s punching ability in strength, speed and accuracy against chucks even if he is out of his prime. He can use the same simple skills that Chuck has developed to stay on his feet. It is not hard to block a leg kick, and it is not that hard to keep someone from shooting out your legs, especially if you are 220lbs and have 2 ft legs. It would be even dangerous to shoot on someone like Tyson, because he is so fast he could catch you before you get to the legs.
    Very well put..... Probably the most dangerous guy you could try and shoot in on.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i would like to see this, watxh tyson get the snot beat out of him

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg
    This will be my last part on it, I’m not really out to argue but I’m going to definatly disagree on a few points.

Everyone on these subjects think they know what will happen, during the first UFC’s no one would give Chuck a chance in hell to beat Gracie. The sport was young, it has evolved, and it is still evolving today. Don’t think it has reached it’s prime after 5 years in the spot light (I’m waiting for the reply “it’s been out for 8 years in the spot light”).
    While these athletes do train hard, they are not world class athletes. Yes, Boxers have done bad in them, but when was the last time we saw a Tyson or a Lenox Lewis or a Roy Jones Jr in the ring? And I’m not talking about them right now; I’m talking about a boxer of that caliber.

Most of you are writing boxing off as having no ability to defend ones self. Basic wrestling and grappling can in fact be taught and trained in a year. You are not going to be Gracie after a year, but you are going to be able to defend yourself and block when someone is shooting at you. Tyson has a short, stocky build, and is not only a great fast puncher, he is strong. He has the perfect build to block shooting.

He can’t take a punch? Who ever says that is very ignorant?

BADASS232 you are clearly bias on the entire thread thinking he could not beat a single MMA fighter or Tank Abbot who is pretty washed up himself so I pretty much disregarded everything you said on the subject :P
    Excellent points....especially when you add some quality name boxers into the conversation. I'm sorry, but IMO, Mike Tyson lost every fight that wasn't meat tossed into the ring.
    Boxers are DEFINATELY worth reckoning and you make a good point there.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    i would like to see this, watxh tyson get the snot beat out of him
    He wouldnt get beatup. Submitted, sure. But who would be able to go toe to toe with him and "beat the snot out of him"?

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    He wouldnt get beatup. Submitted, sure. But who would be able to go toe to toe with him and "beat the snot out of him"?

He would get ground and pounded to death before he was submitted.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    he was leakin quite a bit b4 he could eat lennox's children

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman
    he was leakin quite a bit b4 he could eat lennox's children
    Lewis was heavyweight Champion of the world. How do you think Sylvia would do against Lewis in the ring? Thats why hes in UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    He would get ground and pounded to death before he was submitted.
    I wouldnt want Tyson in my guard.

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    doubt it'd ever happen. would be the same as liddel going into a sanctioned heavyweight boxing match.... he knows he'd be in over his head, yes he can box but he would fight guys who train as much as him but only in boxing, liddel trains mma and tyson does boxing, neither would want to come into the others territory

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Its obvious that Tyson lacks the training necessary to compete in the UFC and vice versa. But give Tyson some training and its on. The guy has put forth the training necessary to go 15 rounds in a boxing match, I'm sure he can work, train and develop enough skills to compete in the UFC and be successful. Maybe not champ but competitive. He has solid boxing and with yearound wrestling/submission training he could be ready to COMPETE.

BADASS323 is offline AR'S BAD ATTITUDE
    the original post put tyson against liddel present time,meening today or in the future.tyson would shurly get his a$$ beat!!

BADASS323 is offline AR'S BAD ATTITUDE
    quote:j-dogg, BADASS232 you are clearly bias on the entire thread thinking he could not beat a single MMA fighter or Tank Abbot who is pretty washed up himself so I pretty much disregarded everything you said on the subject :P
    j-dogg,this is your thread bro., clearly you can see that most would see the victor as LIDDEL.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information