Thread: cigars

JAYROD is offline Senior Member

cigars

curious if anyone here is into cigars? if so what are you're favorites and where do you buy them?

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    eh..they are ok..i need a very mild cigar, as the spicy ones are too much for me..my fav is romeo y julieta

Teabagger is offline Senior Member
    The Acid line is very good...the cigars are very aromatic and mild. My wife hates the smell of tobacco smoke but does not mind at all the Acid line. I get mine from a cigar shop, although you can order them from their online site. I like the Acid Crush..its smaller and does not take all night to smoke it. Give'em a try.

copenhagen is offline Member
    my dad is a big cigar smoker, he prefers the arturo-fuente and cohiba. You can get them at the mall, they have stores down here called "sir elliots" it actually has a walk in humidor thats very cool. If your going for quality then i would go someplace that has a humidor, if not go to your local gas station, they will have a selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Teabagger
    The Acid line is very good...the cigars are very aromatic and mild. My wife hates the smell of tobacco smoke but does not mind at all the Acid line. I get mine from a cigar shop, although you can order them from their online site. I like the Acid Crush..its smaller and does not take all night to smoke it. Give'em a try.
    i tried an acid-blondie today and it was very good. i went to the local cigar store today (been here 20 years and i never knew it) and bought a humidor and just some different types of cigars to try them out. the blondie has been the best so far and i also smoked a La Gloria-Cubana and it was ok. later tonight i'm gonna try a Arturo Fuente-Maduro. i never thought cigars could tast so damn good. i'm hooked.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    a good cheap cigar is macanudo. just go to a cigar shop and ask someone who works there to help you out.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Best Cigars are Cuban. Cohiba are great and monte cristo. Any cigar aficionado will faint at the site of a Cohiba. Lots of fakes out there as well.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    I smoke them once in a while at parties, i stick with Garcia Vega's baby haha $1.50 at the gas station

Quote Originally Posted by Prada
    Best Cigars are Cuban. Cohiba are great and monte cristo. Any cigar aficionado will faint at the site of a Cohiba. Lots of fakes out there as well.
    i would love to get my hands on a cuban. i really don't understand why the trade embargo is still in effect. is cuba really seen as a threat to the united states now?

copenhagen is offline Member
    i have smoked a cuban before, a buddy of mine got his hands on one. a group of us all smoked it, very nice flavor. we also drank some of his homemade wine. talk about a buzz!

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm into cigars...I don't understand why everyone is still into cuban cigars. Most afficianato's recognize that they aren't the same quality anymore. The best rollers and growers went to neighboring places. I'd have to say Dominican, Nicaraguan and Costa rican cigars are prolly the best. My fav is Padron. But it really depends on what you are looking for .. i'm looking for a nice smooth flavor with just a hint of cedar.

MoneyAddyct is offline Member
    romeo y julieta all the way

monstermasss is offline Associate Member
    all i smoke and its not often anymore is monte cristo #5 and limited edition cohiba (cubans) but my favorite cigar ive ever smoked while i was on a cruze to Mexico was a pigtail wraped partagas if you can get one of those buy as many as you can, it smelled like crap i mean sooo strong but the smoke and flavor was second to none!!!!! for non cuban cigar it has to be macanudo or hoyo de montero dark.
    Last edited by monstermasss; 07-19-2006 at 12:46 AM.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYROD
    i would love to get my hands on a cuban. i really don't understand why the trade embargo is still in effect. is cuba really seen as a threat to the united states now?
    i cant stand Cohiba's(non cuban) but if you can get the cuban cohiba's they are awesome, yes there is ha huge difference in taste between the 2.... you just need to know where to look to get real cubans.

everyday smoke i like padron 2000 but my favs are padron 1926 #6 and the padron 1964 exclusivo..

for a heavy smoke fuente fuente opus X are good .

another good mild smoke is the C.A.O brand
    L’Anniversaire Cameroon robusto
    Criollo bomba

I went to cigar aficionado's "Big Smoke" in chicago this past april it was totally worth the money
    over 30 free cigars and a bunch of others free things also
    pictures with tim from CAO cigars and carlos Fuente.

there is 2 more shows in nov las vegas and new york

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teabagger

i agree completely. ive always wanted to try one of these, got one about 2 weeks ago. smokes real good, tastes great and the smell is actually quite nice. It burned a little quickly, maybe because i was on the beach and the wind was blowing...... BTW it was the Acid Liquid, well worth the 7 bucks.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    a good cheap cigar is macanudo. just go to a cigar shop and ask someone who works there to help you out.
    macanudo gold label..

big difference in taste..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsDeity
    everyday smoke i like padron 2000 but my favs are padron 1926 #6 and the padron 1964 exclusivo..
    I LOVE the anniversary series... it's great. I miss when these cigars were only 2 bucs each before all the afficianato wannabe's jumped on the boat.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    I LOVE the anniversary series... it's great. I miss when these cigars were only 2 bucs each before all the afficianato wannabe's jumped on the boat.

No doubt !!!

i pay 9 for the anniversary and 13 for the 1926's

its cheaper to smoke crack.

i went back to the store today and picked up a small travel humidor and some more acid's. got some more blondies and a few Kuba-Kuba which i am smoking right now and it's awesome. i'm looking foward to trying out the rest of the acid's and arturo fuente's.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    i prefer a nice Monte Cristo ..... dominican not cuban

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    It's really hard to get a legitamite and bona fide Cuban. That is why one may claim cubans are not so extra-ordinary. Actually Ive learned they make great gifts for any one who's a connaisseur

Thread Information