GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?

Corporal Punishment/Borstal schools

Want to get peoples opinions on the issue of corporal punishment and in particular borstals schools for young offender. If you don't know what a
    borstal is look it up on wikipedia.com

In particular discuss whether you think they were a good idea and why.
    Whether the system should have been abolished.
    Should a similar system be re-enacted.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    you know what, im very much looking forward to reading the responses. we have some opinionated, intelligent members here. myself, i havent looked into, or even thought about these topics at any great length, so my opinion is currently an uneducated one. hopefully i will learn abit here...

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    I skipped class once, the supervisor caught me and sent me back....when I got in the teacher never liked me.....he said "if you ever try to skip my class again Ill make sure you faill you fvcking punk you hear me?"

I told him to go fvck himself, he said you think your tough ? come here...

I get up flip my desk over and walk to him, staring each other in the eye we keep talking and things get heated up....he hit me in the neck....rite in the neck....I took a few second to recover hit him in the face smashed a chair on him....and kept beating him till other teachers got me off him.....

Noone in the class testified against him or said anything I got suspended for 4 weeks almost failing everything and everyone thought I was a psycho...I waited for him after one of his tuotring classes in the evening in a center at night and beat him unconcious and smashed all his car windows, 4 flat tires, stole his radio and everything on him and threw them away, stole his wallet and all the cash and cards in there and kicked him in the head while he was unconcious....and got my gf to testify I was with her when this happened...walked without nething on me....

Bring back corporal punishment? yeah bring it back..... and there are kids like me who'll make sure these assholes get what they deserve
    Last edited by IronFreakX; 07-18-2006 at 06:52 PM.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    lol, i stand corrected!

stik is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    I skipped class once, the supervisor caught me and sent me back....when I got in the teacher never liked me.....he said "if you ever try to skip my class again Ill make sure you faill you fvcking punk you hear me?"

I get up flip my desk over and walk to him, staring each other in the eye we keep talking and things get heated up....he hit me in the neck....rite in the neck....I took a few second to recover hit him in the face smashed a chair on him....and kept beating him till other teachers got me off him.....

Noone in the class testified against him or said anything I got suspended for 4 weeks almost failing everything and everyone thought I was a psycho...I waited for him after one of his tuotring classes in the evening in a center at night and beat him unconcious and smashed all his car windows, 4 flat tires, stole his radio and everything on him and threw them away, stole his wallet and all the cash and cards in there and kicked him in the head while he was unconcious....and got my gf to testify I was with her when this happened...walked without nething on me....

Bring back corporal punishment? yeah bring it back..... and there are kids like me who'll make sure these assholes get what they deserve
    Your gonna make some man very happy in the pen someday.

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member

ummm... high school's over bud, time to grow up. or stay half-retarded for life and end up in the afore-mentioned pen.

if u cant take someone callin u a punk and questionin ur manhood w/out flippin out like that you dont belong in a functioning society... thank god for prison.

Quote Originally Posted by GREENMACHINE
    Want to get peoples opinions on the issue of corporal punishment and in particular borstals schools for young offender. If you don't know what a

in response... it all depends on the offender. if it prevents recidivism in ten percent of the cases without a ridiculous amount of blowback or detrimental effects on/from the other offenders than it should absolutely be reinstated.

i caused some trouble when i was younger and was put in what i view to be a similar environment; a court-ordered, military-regimented boot camp that, like the borstals focused on discipline, education, routine and authority. corporal punishment was not the norm but one of the kids i was in with did step out of formation and run his mouth and got bounced off the ground by our lead DI. they took his unconscious body to a hospital and then to prison. long story short i learned a lot from the experience, as did quite a few others.

caning... thats no good. that just embarrasses. the punishment needs to deter but also to guide the offender towards a reward when said directive is adhered to... and that reward just cant be not gettin caned again.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I dont agree with corporal punishment. You dont learn a dog anything by beating it and a human only learns that violence is ok.

Beeing forced to do hard work for a day or a week is more of a punishment than a beating imo. It also teaches disciplin better. All the beating does it breed anger.

Borstal school without the corporal punishment sounds like a good idea. Putting young offenders in jail with grown up criminals is never a good idea.

I would be curious to hear what someone that has grown up with some corporal punishment would have to say though? I got beaten a few times by my old man but not as punishment and all it did was make me into a very hatefull person.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbouncinballs
    ummm... high school's over bud, time to grow up. or stay half-retarded for life and end up in the afore-mentioned pen.

if u cant take someone callin u a punk and questionin ur manhood w/out flippin out like that you dont belong in a functioning society... thank god for prison.
    Maybe if you read the fvcking post and stopped being a fvcking retard but

I did all that for HIM hitting me in the neck a 30-smth yr old teacher hitting a 16 yr old straight in the neck at high school where theyre not allowed to and him getting away with it because the fvcking students were afraid theyd fail if they came out against it.

FVCK YOU

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I dont agree with corporal punishment. You dont learn a dog anything by beating it and a human only learns that violence is ok.

Beeing forced to do hard work for a day or a week is more of a punishment than a beating imo. It also teaches disciplin better. All the beating does it breed anger.

Borstal school without the corporal punishment sounds like a good idea. Putting young offenders in jail with grown up criminals is never a good idea.

I would be curious to hear what someone that has grown up with some corporal punishment would have to say though? I got beaten a few times by my old man but not as punishment and all it did was make me into a very hatefull person.
    I am prolly a bit of a hard ass when it come to how young offender should be treated. I think putting them into a regimented setting where they learn disipline is the way to go. As far a corporal punishment I don't think it really has the desired effect. Police can't touch people in Ireland as in hit them. In europe Spain, Italy etc cops are allowed to hit suspect if they are lippy. I agree with this method to a point. With regards to joyriders, I think if they have been prosecuted through the courts and there is a crash in their area, they should be dragged from their beds in the middle of the night to clean the crash site. tHis should bring home the reality of the dangers of their actions.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls

Never hurt me. I went through twelve years of school where corporal punishment was the norm. And a message for Ironfreak, if you had tried that shit with the dudes that tought at the schools I went to they would have beaten your sorry ass to a pulp and the cops would have patted them on the back and then they would have put you on a ver high dose of Ritalin !!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Never hurt me. I went through twelve years of school where corporal punishment was the norm. And a message for Ironfreak, if you had tried that shit with the dudes that tought at the schools I went to they would have beaten your sorry ass to a pulp and the cops would have patted them on the back and then they would have put you on a ver high dose of Ritalin !!!!.
    Good, then I would seriously consider killing EVERYONE responsible in that incident.

To explain a lil which Im not doing now in any of my posts(thanks vicodin) this was a religion class in highschool, I went to highschool in egypt most of my life and they taught religion there, only islam and christianity anything else and you're fvcked basically.

Try an American Satanist in egypt making statements and clearly against islam skipping a class because they have no right keeping me there listening to fvcking crap.

The teacher did not like me for that reason and always made that clear and everyone was muslim and they supported him.
    Last edited by IronFreakX; 07-19-2006 at 07:13 AM.

Never hurt me. I went through twelve years of school where corporal punishment was the norm.
    I think the big question is. Did those that often recieved those punishments improve or did they get worse? How did it effect the bad eggs that its suposed to set straight?

I am prolly a bit of a hard ass when it come to how young offender should be treated. I think putting them into a regimented setting where they learn disipline is the way to go.
    I fully agree with the bolded part. But I dont think corporal punishment is a neccesary part of it.
    I would think cleaning the floor with a toothbrush is alot worse punishment than getting a few blows.

From the rest of your post it seems like you agree with that though

Good, then I would seriously consider killing EVERYONE responsible in that incident.

To explain a lil which Im not doing now in any of my posts(thanks vicodin) this was a religion class in highschool, I went to highschool in egypt most of my life and they taught religion there, only islam and christianity anything else and you're fvcked basically.

Try an American Satanist in egypt making statements and clearly against islam skipping a class because they have no right keeping me there listening to fvcking crap.

The teacher did not like me for that reason and always made that clear and everyone was muslim and they supported him.
    I hear ya man. The schools I went to were Catholic schools and I was taught by Nuns and Brothers. We were beaten for not going to Church on Sunday. But I look at kids these days and how fvcked up society is, and I cant help thinking that if a lot of the problems today wouldnt be there if kid's had the discipline at school and home that I had. I certainly dont hestitate to kick my kids in the ass when the fvck up.

Man I would love to know about this Satanist stuff you are into. I bet the Clerics just loved you

I hear ya man. The scholls I went to were Catholic schools and I was taught by Nuns and Brothers. We were beaten for not going to Church on Sunday. But I look at kids these days and how fvcked up society is, and I can help thinking that if a lot of the problems today wouldnt be there if kid's had the discipline at school and home that I had. I certainly dont hestitate to kick my kids in the ass when the fvck up.
    Alot of kids wether brought up with religion or not are fvcked up.

Discipline and respect not religion is what we need from the house and at school it starts at home alot of parents just work get back and dont give a fvck about their kids.

Honestly man, I was respectful, not a bully not starting shit unless provoked but not everyone is like that and I don't take offenses, disrespect, assault lightly to say the least

Alot of kids wether brought up with religion or not are fvcked up.

Discipline and respect not religion is what we need from the house and at school it starts at home alot of parents just work get back and dont give a fvck about their kids.

Honestly man, I was respectful, not a bully not starting shit unless provoked but not everyone is like that and I don't take offenses, disrespect, assault lightly to say the least
    This is an excellent point !!!! And the root of most problems with kids IMO

Man I would love to know about this Satanist stuff you are into. I bet the Clerics just loved you
    LOL

Contrary to the belief of most bro, Satanists are basically atheists with rules and beliefs we live by like not harming or bothering anyone at any time, If someone slaps you on the cheek you smash his face etc.....and other things.

Rituals and other things are included but not by any means necceasry at any point of your life.

I just always called mohamed a terrorist, found flaws with their religion, when they would say smth from their book I would say something from mine and piss them off like crazy, call them hypocrites and they never could respond to me or find something to say back so they got angry... got into fights, recieved death threats, lived through hell in school, my everyday life etc....but I wouldnt change a single thing if I could.

LOL

Contrary to the belief of most bro, Satanists are basically atheists with rules and beliefs we live by like not harming or bothering anyone at any time, If someone slaps you on the cheek you smash his face etc.....and other things.

Rituals and other things are included but not by any means necceasry at any point of your life.

I just always called mohamed a terrorist, found flaws with their religion, when they would say smth from their book I would say something from mine and piss them off like crazy, call them hypocrites and they never could respond to me or find something to say back so they got angry... got into fights, recieved death threats, lived through hell in school, my everyday life etc....but I wouldnt change a single thing if I could.

Interesting. Just for your info I am an Agnostic now, I never believed the brainwashing bullshit I copped for 12 years at Catholic School, God I hate that fvcking religion. So now I dont believe or disbelieve, I am just waiting until they "show me the money"

Maybe if you read the fvcking post and stopped being a fvcking retard but

I did all that for HIM hitting me in the neck a 30-smth yr old teacher hitting a 16 yr old straight in the neck at high school where theyre not allowed to and him getting away with it because the fvcking students were afraid theyd fail if they came out against it.

FVCK YOU
    petty teenage angst... lets hope you grow outta that.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbouncinballs
    petty teenage angst... lets hope you grow outta that.
    Let's hope you grow out of being a retard 1st.

again...the punishment needs to deter but also to guide the offender towards a reward when said directive is adhered to... and that reward just cant be not gettin caned again. this punishment can certainly be physiclal but needs to be delivered in a constructive manner. sadly enough, i see offender reformation coming down to iq and environment, both weighted equally.

reference above post.

to be honest, i feel a large proportion of acting out manifests itself from hardcore insecurity. punishment needs to deter negative behavior while environment and direction need to 'build up' the offender.

Thread Information