Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    DamnYouMSN is offline Anabolic Member
    can you drink winny?

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    If there was one abusing power..get rid of them. If theres not enough coverage because its summer and people actually have lives, get another 2-3 more mods to cover the board. IMO there was no need for such a huge sweeping change.

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYouMSN
    can you drink winny?

I put it on my cornflakes.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAN12B
    I have NO clue here, but maybe ALL powers had to be removed so that no one could damage this board during this change, BUT maybe and this is just my opinion, some of the former MODS might be asked to take their place back once the ones that were not helping and just abusing their powers are gone

Just a thought
    A certain number of staff here are tight nit and love this board, if we didn't we would not be here sometimes 12 plus hours per day for free. I highly doubt any of us would do something like that.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I just think it's shitty that all the mods were canned because supposedly only a "few" were active. I KNOW I was active, hell, look at my log. That wasn't even taken into consideration? My 25,000 plus posts, none of which were EVER in the post-whore threads and having the highest quality post count, that goes out the window of concern as well?

Being told "now you don't have to worry about editing/banning/etc., as that will be done for you", does not make sense as an "excuse" or reason to me, simply because I never worried about it before, it wasn't a "big deal" to me. I simply helped out and did my job, and people thanked me for keeping order and helping out. (the members that is). As far as abusing powers or bullying people, that's bullshit, as I never fired off at someone until they deserved it, and if my decisions were ever in question, being approached like an adult and asked about them instead of being shit-canned out of no-where seems like a far more professional way to handle things.

Having a "Hall of Fame" title means nothing if members supposedly "already resepect us and know what we bring to the table". We are nothing more than regular ass members with a pretty blue title.

"Rake", you are wrong about me leaving because people can now "attack me", as I have many admins here I can contact immediately to have those people dealt with, as protecting me from assholes was one of the first things we discussed after the change was made this morning. So, don't speculate on why you think I decided to leave and not be around.

I decided to leave because honestly I feel violated, un-appreciated, and totally dissed. No warning, no hints, nothing, just the carpet ripped right out from under me. You have to understand that after 4 years of pouring TONS of energy and time into this place, it felt like a second home. Now it feels like that home got burned to the ground and I got evicted at the same time.

Not a great feeling at all. There are many mods here who each specialized in our own areas, and now you'll see those areas suffer because we don't have the energy to do what we once did having no respect at all. Why should we continue to want to help and give all our free time answering repetitive shit if we not only DON'T get rewarded $$ wise, but get reduced to nothing at the same time?

Not bitching, but for those of you who may not understand why this is a big deal to many of us, those are only but a FEW reasons.

~SC~

MAJOR25 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WEBB
    no one should ever have been put down on this site, and it was happening a lot...can you drink winny, was a joke among members here, but what happens when some newb comes on here and actually wants the answer to that question, he gets utterly destroyed, by everyone, vets, mods and members. now with the new system there will be less of that cause when it happens it gets reported asap and is dealt with and the member feels welcome, and that is what matters...

I like this new change because When I first started it kindda sucked at first.....I would ask a question and they would say "Fisrt Do Research"......WTF....How bout tell me the answer then I would go back do research to proof what you guys are telling me....

I believe this site is to help others and teach the young ones to understand AAS not to tell them "Do your Research...." If that was the case why even join...?

I might be wrong but this is just my opinio from Experience.....

Bottom line I like the Change....Change means Improvement.....

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Should we get a poll going on how long it will take for this board to go to hell in a hand basket?

A. 1-3 days
    B. 4-7 days
    C. Already has

***No source checks!!!***

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MAJOR25
    I like this new change because When I first started it kindda sucked at first.....I would ask a question and they would say "Fisrt Do Research"......WTF....How bout tell me the answer then I would go back do research to proof what you guys are telling me....
    You think because there are no longer any mods that the answer you get will be different?

Everyone here learned by reading.

No one's going to do your reading for you.. thus "First do research" is sound advice

Narkissos

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    You think because there are no longer any mods that the answer you get will be different?

No one's going to do your reading for you.. thus "First do research" is sound advice

Narkissos
    Glad you are still around Narc. You've always been here to help all
    of us. Thanks!

I believe this site is to help others and teach the young ones to understand AAS not to tell them "Do your Research...." If that was the case why even join...?

Sure, everyone should just do it all for you right..are you thirsty, please let me know so i can get you something.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired

This is another reason people hate coming to ask questions here and would rather go to some other board lately. A huge flock of parrots landed here a while ago and now 'Diet and cardio', 'test is best' and 'do a search' are some of the main responses you see in the steroid forum. Unfortunately some of them have been promoted to 'A.R. Scout'.

They may not have powders but as long as you’re different from the other normal members you have ‘rank’. That is how the AAS forum operates.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED

Spoon feeding someone AS advice is the quickest way for them to hurt themselves. Telling them to research makes them search, read and learn! The more information they have the better.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

It really depends on the post if it is warranted to tell someone to do some research, do a search etc..

Some people simply post that they want to lose weight and ask for a diet layout...they don't even present the facts (height, body weight etc) and they expect me to dig and do it for them..Fool please.

I will never forget when i first joined and i asked the same thing and i was told to read and do research and i did and i came back with a sample attack plan and then i received solid advice from many people.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member

All of your questions have been answered 500 times over. Mods have gone and posted studies and spoken from everything they have learned for the new members to read. Now if all that is done for you and you come and ask the same 50 questions do you think I;m going to sit there and tell you the exact same thing that has been done 500 times? No thats why there is a search button, so you can actually sit there and find all 500 threads on the topic you want to know.

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Narkissos
    Yeah exaclty.

If your a lazy ass, and don't do shit and jsut expect answers well your just an ass.

I still cannot believe that some people just want to be spoon fed informatio without having to do a bit of work.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Spoon feeding someone AS advice is the quickest way for them to hurt themselves. Telling them to research makes them search, read and learn! The more information they have the better.

Yes! Exactly......

Many members here just want you to give them everything and they really want to do nothing. I do not agree with this approach at all.

Do some fvcking research and then come back with an intelligent question after you have done what you could.

Is that really so mcuh to ask of someone?

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!

Don't agree even a little. Sure, these mods love giving out info and sharing their wealth of knowledge but when it is repeated over and over it gets OLD and is especially irritating when people DON'T SEARCH for shit!! Do your own reasearch, almost every topic that you can think of is under the 'search' button or google it.....especially when it comes to AAS.

Andorious is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getnjakked
    I dont know anything about owning a site AT ALL...but if people werent doing what they were supposed to (the mods that werent moderating)
    then maybe you should have dealt with the ones that werent moderating on a personal level...a few bad apples dont have to spoil it for everyone(losing QUALITY like SWOLE & anyone else that decides to leave).
    agreed, why not just strip mods of their title if they're not upholding it the way they should. tht way we don't lose those mods, who are regular contributors w/ a wealth of knowledge (ie. SC), by demoting them. if certain cliques have formed and mods are abusing their power or just not moderating at all, then system admin should deal w/ thm on a case by case basis. im not saying the new admins wont do a good job, but losing well respected members is a hefty price to pay to fix something tht never seemed tht bad to begin w/.
    still dont really understand the point of scouts either, esp. if they preach tht it is everyone's job to report harmful posts. if its everyone's job, and they have no more power thn neone else, whts the point in having a title? all it does is single thm out.

rake922 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    Yeah exaclty.

If your a lazy ass, and don't do shit and jsut expect answers well your just an ass.

I still cannot believe that some people just want to be spoon fed informatio without having to do a bit of work.
    Researching prior posts without asking again will not necessarily work sometimes...
    What if there are new people that join the board with more knowledge?

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by rake922
    Researching prior posts without asking again will not necessarily work sometimes...

99% of the time it would work.

Narkissos

I agree to do some research but first give some advice then when it gets more detail then yes I agree with the research....

At least give some kind of Background about the question they have....this is all I'm saying.....
    Last edited by MAJOR25; 07-28-2006 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rake922

I'm failing to see your logic? What did that mean?

Just do a bit of research that's all we ever asked of anyone. For the most part, 95% of all questions can be taken care of using that method.

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by BajanBastard
    This is another reason people hate coming to ask questions here and would rather go to some other board lately. A huge flock of parrots landed here a while ago and now 'Diet and cardio', 'test is best' and 'do a search' are some of the main responses you see in the steroid forum. Unfortunately some of them have been promoted to 'A.R. Scout'.

They may not have powders but as long as you’re different from the other normal members you have ‘rank’. That is how the AAS forum operates.

*smiles*

yessss........(no idea what you mean)

I agree to do some research but first give some advice then when it gets more detail then yes I agree with the research....

That's pretty much the problem. More detail the less seach as you have really narrowed down your exactly quesions.

You've got it backwards.

Not that it matters at all anyways.....

Most people are still just going to be lazy.

statuZ is offline Banned
    haha well even though I NEVER LIKED SWOLECAT for being such a smartass, the thing was he was very informative to EVERYONE. Just looking back through threads while searching for information (especially concerning diet and training) he would always be the one to give the professional answer. I do think it is kind of ridiculous that this change is happening. I think its going to be detrimental to AR to lose some of these mods (i.e SC).

At least give some kind of Background about the question they have....this is all I'm saying.....

That's pretty much the problem. More detail the less seach as you have really narrowed down your exactly quesions.

You've got it backwards.

Not that it matters at all anyways.....

Most people are still just going to be lazy.

Not everybody if they really care about them selves......I will first check all kinds of ways just to make sure I will not fvck up my body.....

What does that even mean?? That's a horrible solution. That only leads to more questions. The best way to answer your own questions is research for what you want to know specifically. More questions can be answered if you researched becuase more questions would arise you haven't even thought of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by statuZ
    haha well even though I NEVER LIKED SWOLECAT for being such a smartass, the thing was he was very informative to EVERYONE. Just looking back through threads while searching for information (especially concerning diet and training) he would always be the one to give the professional answer. I do think it is kind of ridiculous that this change is happening. I think its going to be detrimental to AR to lose some of these mods (i.e SC).

Yup,
    SC Def gave out some good diet advice. He will be missed most there.

Quote Originally Posted by system admin
    Honestly Swole, you were very hash to a lot of members and used your power to get your way a lot. This was something that we didnt want at AR.
    Oh, I see, so now you choose to tell me this waaaaaaaaaaaay after the fact in public instead of choosing to call me up, e-mail me, perhaps discuss it, etc.? You have my phone number. At first this was a change to take the "pressure off of the mods", but now I see there are underlying reasons that are sugar coated with being told something else.

I expected better than that, but I guess I was wrong about your character.

It's great to see you point out a few negatives way after the fact having NEVER said anything about this before, but leave out ALL of the positives that I've done for this place.

Reminds me of my last job when I used to work for someone else. The boss always sees the 1 thing you may have done wrong, but doesn't see the other 50 things you do right to better the location.

If I was harsh, there was a reason, and I dealt w/people like the other mods did. To get my way??? WTF?? What do I get by "getting my way"? I don't gain anything, that makes no sense. My ability to contructively tear people's reasoning apart is the only thing that "gets me my way", as I prove my intelligence.

~SC~

Yup,
    SC Def gave out some good diet advice. He will be missed most there.
    Thanks you Giants, you're full of terrific advice as well.

Statuz, thank you as well my man, I appreciate your honesty. Hopefully you can learn to like me somehow, even though it may be too late.

~SC~

Ok fellas, fvck it "DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH"

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by BajanBas/editor/menupop.gif[/FONT
    stard]This is another reason people hate coming to ask questions here and would rather go to some other board lately. A huge flock of parrots landed here a while ago and now 'Diet and cardio', 'test is best' and 'do a search' are some of the main responses you see in the steroid forum. Unfortunately some of them have been promoted to 'A.R. Scout'.

AR Scout
    Last edited by Carlos_E; 07-28-2006 at 02:56 PM.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Ok fellas, fvck it "DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH"

If you tell me where you got that pic all is forgiven.

wooo swole....your not leaving for good are you? And why the hell aren't you an administrator anymore? I am in the dark here.

Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC

Internet "Do your own Research"
    Last edited by MAJOR25; 07-28-2006 at 02:57 PM.

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC

I was thinking the same thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    AR Scout

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BajanBastard

Glad I wasn't the only one that saw it...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information