Sandwich2003 is offline Banned

How come the 'international' Ford Ranger looks better than the American one?

I find this odd. Ford has two Ranger models, an international model and an American model. The international model looks better in my opinion. The American model looks outdated.

Why is this? Is the international model not the taste of Americans for a compact pick-up? Isn't the Ranger important in the Ford Truck line in the USA?

International model
    http://forum.avtoindex.com/foto/data...ger_2007_1.jpg

American model
    http://us.autos1.yimg.com/img.autos...._2_346x270.jpg

Mike_Huck is offline Banned
    Beacuse we get all the leftovers.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    The international has to be made by Nissan-Sucker looks just like the Frontier.

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    the int one looks amazing compared to the us one

Superhuman is offline Banned
    that's fukked up!!!! I have an american ranger and it looks like sh*T compared to the international

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    its because the rest of the world has a more refined sense of taste and to sell it to us you need to make your products look better

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    its because the rest of the world has a more refined sense of taste and to sell it to us you need to make your products look better

thats bs...they just like to jip americans....i also bet that the international version costs significantly more

one8nine is offline Banned
    i think the int one looks like somethign a woman woukld want to drive the american one is MANLY

but mostly because i have a taccoma and thats almost a ranger (but better cause i own it)

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I bet that that what the American one will look like in a year or 2. A lot of Euro car mfg make American and euro versions. And the Euro's are always better.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    why would anyone want to own that car anyway. Its uggly in both versions and I bet it consumes plenty of gas.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    The price of gas is not the same as in US and Europe, hence many cars are different as the market is different. Mercedes models are much different in Germany then US. Europeans have smaller engines in general and more diesel engines as well.

breacherup is offline Associate Member
    there are different regulations with regard to safety features in the US, so that "ugly" front bumber is probably a result of these regs...

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Quote Originally Posted by shortie
    The international has to be made by Nissan-Sucker looks just like the Frontier.

Ford owns Nissan.

one8nine is offline Banned
    i dunno about the ranger but my taccoma gets 23-24 MPG and i drive lik an asshole with my foot to the floor all of the time

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member
    The international has the rear roll bars because several families in poorer countries split the cost of a single vehicle and they use it to transport over 5 people at a time.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    You ever see the Ford Falcon austrailia version? thats a sick car. you figured an american company would put all of the nice cars in its home country. at least we got the mustangs!

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMA5
    The international has the rear roll bars because several families in poorer countries split the cost of a single vehicle and they use it to transport over 5 people at a time.
    Actually not in this case. Ford is still selling the American style into other countries. They are getting a 4 door Ranger, that is not available in Canada or America, although available in Mexico. The American style quad cab does not meet Canadian or American safety standards, and thus not sold there.

Here is an 05 model, the 07 is basically the same.

Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    Ford owns Nissan.

Hmmmmm let see.... NOT! Nissan owns nissan and is involved in an International agreement with Renault and currently trying to get GM to jump into bed with them for a three way internaional relationship, but is in no way OWNED by Ford. I think you're thinking of Mazda, which used to make the Ranger on the same platform as the B2000 trucks.

Here You go, kinda interesting really, saw some even I didn't know about~

Use our chart below to see who owns who.

BMW owns:
    -BMW
    -Mini
    -Rolls Royce

Daimler/Chrysler owns:
    -AMC (brand discontinued -- Chrysler bought AMC primarily for the Jeep brand which was owned by AMC)
    -Chrysler
    -Dodge
    -Eagle (brand discontinued)
    -Hyundai (Daimler/Chrysler only owns 10% --13 May 04 changes!)
    -Jeep
    -Maybach
    -Mercedes-Benz
    -Plymouth (brand discontinued)
    -Smart

Fiat owns:
    -Alfa Romeo
    -Ferrari
    -Fiat
    -Lancia
    -Maserati

Ford owns:
    -Aston Martin
    -Ford
    -Jaguar
    -Land Rover (bought from BMW)
    -Lincoln
    -Mazda (Ford owns 33% of Mazda)
    -Mercury
    -Volvo cars

Fuji Heavy Industries owns:
    -Subaru

General Motors owns:
    -Buick
    -Cadillac
    -Chevrolet
    -Daewoo (GM owns 44%)
    -Fiat (GM has decided to divorce itself from Fiat as of Feb '05, but will retain 10% ownership.)
    -GMC
    -Holden
    -Hummer
    -Oldsmobile (brand discontinued)
    -Opel
    -Pontiac
    -Saab
    -Saturn
    -Suzuki (2.5%, from 20%)
    -Vauxhall

Honda owns:
    -Acura
    -Honda

Hyundai owns:
    -Hyundai
    -Kia

Isuzu owns:
    -Isuzu
    (Mitsubishi Corp., Itochu Corp. and Mizuho Corporate Bank owns part of Isuzu.)

Nissan owns:
    -Infiniti
    -Nissan
    -Renault (Nissan owns 15%)

PSA Peugeot Citroen owns:
    -Citroen
    -Peugeot

Porsche owns:
    -Porsche
    -VW (20%)

Renault owns:
    -Nissan (Renault owns 44%)

Toyota owns:
    -Daihatsu (~51%)
    -Fuji Heavy Industries -- Subaru (Toyota owns ~20%. Toyota bought this from GM in late 2005. )
    -Lexus
    -Scion
    -Toyota

Volkswagen owns:
    -Audi
    -Bentley
    -Bugatti
    -Lamborghini
    -SEAT
    -Skoda
    -Volkswagen

The automotive world is constantly changing so this article is will updated as needed.

Last update: 11 April 2006
    Latest changes were: GM sells its percentage of Isuzu to Mitsubishi Corp., Itochu Corp. and Mizuho Corporate Bank.
    Last edited by shortie; 08-05-2006 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Cuz I can

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Hmmmmm let see.... NOT! Nissan owns nissan and is involved in an International agreement with Renault and currently trying to get GM to jump into bed with them for a three way internaional relationship, but is in no way OWNED by Ford. I think you're thinking of Mazda, which used to make the Ranger on the same platform as the B2000 trucks.

Here You go, kinda interesting really, saw some even I didn't know about~

Use our chart below to see who owns who.

BMW owns:
    -BMW
    -Mini
    -Rolls Royce

Daimler/Chrysler owns:
    -AMC (brand discontinued -- Chrysler bought AMC primarily for the Jeep brand which was owned by AMC)
    -Chrysler
    -Dodge
    -Eagle (brand discontinued)
    -Hyundai (Daimler/Chrysler only owns 10% --13 May 04 changes!)
    -Jeep
    -Maybach
    -Mercedes-Benz
    -Plymouth (brand discontinued)
    -Smart

Fiat owns:
    -Alfa Romeo
    -Ferrari
    -Fiat
    -Lancia
    -Maserati

Ford owns:
    -Aston Martin
    -Ford
    -Jaguar
    -Land Rover (bought from BMW)
    -Lincoln
    -Mazda (Ford owns 33% of Mazda)
    -Mercury
    -Volvo cars

Fuji Heavy Industries owns:
    -Subaru

General Motors owns:
    -Buick
    -Cadillac
    -Chevrolet
    -Daewoo (GM owns 44%)
    -Fiat (GM has decided to divorce itself from Fiat as of Feb '05, but will retain 10% ownership.)
    -GMC
    -Holden
    -Hummer
    -Oldsmobile (brand discontinued)
    -Opel
    -Pontiac
    -Saab
    -Saturn
    -Suzuki (2.5%, from 20%)
    -Vauxhall

Honda owns:
    -Acura
    -Honda

Hyundai owns:
    -Hyundai
    -Kia

Isuzu owns:
    -Isuzu
    (Mitsubishi Corp., Itochu Corp. and Mizuho Corporate Bank owns part of Isuzu.)

Nissan owns:
    -Infiniti
    -Nissan
    -Renault (Nissan owns 15%)

PSA Peugeot Citroen owns:
    -Citroen
    -Peugeot

Porsche owns:
    -Porsche
    -VW (20%)

Renault owns:
    -Nissan (Renault owns 44%)

Toyota owns:
    -Daihatsu (~51%)
    -Fuji Heavy Industries -- Subaru (Toyota owns ~20%. Toyota bought this from GM in late 2005. )
    -Lexus
    -Scion
    -Toyota

Volkswagen owns:
    -Audi
    -Bentley
    -Bugatti
    -Lamborghini
    -SEAT
    -Skoda
    -Volkswagen

The automotive world is constantly changing so this article is will updated as needed.

Last update: 11 April 2006
    Latest changes were: GM sells its percentage of Isuzu to Mitsubishi Corp., Itochu Corp. and Mizuho Corporate Bank.

YES, thats it i was thinking of Mazda thanks for correcting me.

I do agree that American does seem to be screwed over when it comes to automobile technology.

There is a preception overseas that Americans prefer big, comfy cars, that ride soft and smooth. It's a stigma that only recently is starting to change.

IE: the Ford Focus. In North America, we get a revised version of the previous model, while over seas in Europe, there is a brand new model being offered. That model is hands down, more technologically advanced.

Ford does seem to be more interested in providing better vehicles to other countries, while building the same old vehicles for North America.

GM aswell. It took them four years to bring over a Holden. They rebadged it the GTO, and sold a bunch of them. Now they have discontinued it. Instead, GM is rebadging Daewoos in North America, while they have the new award winning Holden plateform that is not being used.

Chrysler is doing a proper job at keeping a proper focus on the American Market. Since aquiring the Jeep (and AMC brand) they have ensured that Jeep is successful overseas, and in North America. Their new european designed diesel being offered over seas, and into America this year looks very promising. It is being used in the Liberty, and is slotted to be used in the next gen TJ. Jeeps 4 wheel drive technology is always advancing, and depreciation of value is one of the lowest for an SUV manufacturer.

Since the merger with Mercedes Benz, Daimler-Chrysler has been using Mercedes designed parts into their vehicles. The Sprinter is an excelent selling van in America, which is actually a rebadged Mercedes. Mercedes drivetrain parts or common to see in the Crossfire, Charger, and Magnum. Although they seem to be trying, some of their products still seem unrefined.

Subaru, had refused to sell the WRX to North America, and when it finally did, North America had a detuned motor. Even still, the JDM STI makes more power than the ADM STI.

Quote Originally Posted by cfiler
    GM aswell. It took them four years to bring over a Holden. They rebadged it the GTO, and sold a bunch of them. Now they have discontinued it. Instead, GM is rebadging Daewoos in North America, while they have the new award winning Holden plateform that is not being used.

The reason they quit with the GTO on the Monaro platform was that it was not selling, even with up to $6k in rebates it was still sitting on lots. Too bad really, the car ran great, just too bad it looked like a damn Grand Prix coupe.

The reason they quit with the GTO on the Monaro platform was that it was not selling, even with up to $6k in rebates it was still sitting on lots. Too bad really, the car ran great, just too bad it looked like a damn Grand Prix coupe.
    It is a great car, the only problem is it's bland styling. Which I like. I think it was a poor idea for GM to cancel the GTO, they should have just redone the body panels, and gave it a sort of retro look. It would have sold like hotcakes then. If we could get them in Canada, there would be one in my driveway.

I am glad that GM sold the majority of it's shares in Suzuki. Hopefully now they can start selling their own products to north america, instead of the rebadged Daewoos.

The North American Suzuki Swift (Chevy Aveo) is nowhere near Suzuki standards. I wish we could get the JDM Swift.

The new Suzuki SUVs suck imo. Just rebadged GM stuff. Unibody. I want the body on ladder frame back. The Samuris kicked ass, and the Sidekicks were pretty reliable aswell. They actaully had some offroad capability, unlike the new ones.

I wish we could get this Grand Vitara instead.

[IMGhttp://www.amotor.no/images/suzuki/Suzuki_Grand_Vitara_3.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by cfiler; 08-05-2006 at 11:48 AM.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    Because no one would buy that ugly thing. They also get the new body style's first.

Thread Information