goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"

This heat is killing me.

The heat is killing business at my tanning salon. All next week is suppose to be a 100 degrees every single day. I have never seen heat stay this long, last year it was in the 90's in f-ing october. Gas prices are killing what little I "use" to have as extra money. The store stays a "lovely 85degrees (being sarcastic, because 85 is hot inside, when the surface of the beds are alot hotter) had to vent

rake922 is offline Banned
    I've never been in a tanning bed before

Deluge1 is offline Junior Member
    The heat is killing business at my tanning salon.
    Lol don't usually like hijacking threads but I can't give up the opportunity to pick a tanning salon owner's brain....

Which beds are really the most effective for their price ( Yes, I realize price varies).

But fom what I've seen theres:

Regular laydown (maximum 30 minutes)
    bronzing laydown (max 20 mins)
    stand-up (max 15 mins)

Is there really any significant difference besides the amount of time you can stay in one?

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    All I can say is I want it to be cool here is much as you

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Oh when it does cool off can I have some free tans neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Hackamaniac
    Oh when it does cool off can I have some free tans neighbor
    Sure anything for a ar buddy, but with gas at $3 a gallon, that "free" tan will cost you $15

Quote Originally Posted by Deluge1
    Lol don't usually like hijacking threads but I can't give up the opportunity to pick a tanning salon owner's brain....

Which beds are really the most effective for their price ( Yes, I realize price varies).

But fom what I've seen theres:

Regular laydown (maximum 30 minutes)
    bronzing laydown (max 20 mins)
    stand-up (max 15 mins)

Is there really any significant difference besides the amount of time you can stay in one?
    For guys, the stand up hands down, the coverage is alot better, no stripes down the side. That said I sold my 54 lamp mega stand up bed, cause no one wanted to pay for it That thing generated the heat. 160watt x54 lamp, hell on earth to keep the salon cool in summer.

rake922 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    For guys, the stand up hands down, the coverage is alot better, no stripes down the side. That said I sold my 54 lamp mega stand up bed, cause no one wanted to pay for it
    How much did you charge

unvme9180 is offline Associate Member
    when I used to tan i would only go in the stand up. i would hate to lay down and lay in a puddle of sweat. plus the stand up that i would go in is like 12mins compared to 20 in the lay down.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    I would use the stand up beds in my salon but they all suck. Nowhere near as powerful as the lie down ones. I hardly tan on standing up.

Quote Originally Posted by rake922
    How much did you charge
    It varied with the season, but before I sold it, I charged the same as a regular laydown bed and people would say stuff like "I would rather lay down and take a 20min nap rather than just "stand" there for 12 min." I sold it and got a couple of laydown beds with the money. ps after bitching about being slow, the stores been non stop busy and everyone is spending money. (of course that money is "pre-spent" that's what sucks sometimes about just doing tanning (which is why I have the body jewelry business) it seems you just give back all that money you made in the peak season & then everybody wants to open a "mega" salon next to you They have it rough too, the salon close to me is selling 1month unlimited tanning (she has an awesome store) for only $15 wtf?I've went as cheap as $10 for people I know will only come a couple of times. Damn price cutting crap, never ends

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yeah tru matrixguy..the standup ones arent powerful and at my place at school they only let me stay in for 12 mins and my color barely changes. Damn lie down ones..I can barely fit and I stay pale on my sides

Deluge1 is offline Junior Member
    For guys, the stand up hands down,
    Why would the stand-up benefit a male more than a female?

Quote Originally Posted by Deluge1
    Why would the stand-up benefit a male more than a female?
    I was thinking of body builder types, I have wide shoulders and don't get good coverage with laydowns. The lamps make all the difference, inside tip, you didn't get as dark in the stand-up because they used cheap lamps. Think about this 54 lamps x $8.50 each (varies) for the "cheap lamps" =$459
    The good lamps at 54x $19 each (160watt) $1026 think of what they save, it is a hell of a chunk to replace those damn things every season (one reason I sold it) another insider tip "I'm not getting darker" salesperson " which lotion are you using" then always sell them something different Stand-ups don't get changed as often either because of the expense ( lamps are rated for about 800-1200 hours) but don't always burn out till much longer than that , so they just keep running them.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    well its always like 80% here in cali. I love it

Thread Information