Thread: Best Lap top

kman is offline Anabolic Member

Best Lap top

What in your opinion is the best laptop? I l have an old i book, and want something new and top of the line. Anyone

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I don't have a top of the line laptop, it's a 3 year old Dell Inspiron 5100. One suggestion I can offer is to take a good look at the expected battery life with each available processor.
    I opted to go with a regular 2.66 Ghz P4 instead of the Centrino processor which doesn't put as much of a drain on the battery. When running on battery power, I have about 2.5 hours of battery life. However, I'm almost always near a 110v outlet so it hasn't been a real big pain.

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

elite2kr is offline Member
    Ive had my sony vio for several years now, 2.4 gig processor, 512 ram, 40 gig hard. I had this power problem once but i had a warrenty and the fixed it within the week.

As of now id reccomend getting a mac, it can run windows and wont freeze. Another upside is they can take more abuse then your standerd laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by elite2kr
    Ive had my sony vio for several years now, 2.4 gig processor, 512 ram, 40 gig hard. I had this power problem once but i had a warrenty and the fixed it within the week.

As of now id reccomend getting a mac, it can run windows and wont freeze. Another upside is they can take more abuse then your standerd laptop.
    Any particular mac that you would recomend?

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    I have MacBook Pro and I love it. It is heavy duty and it can run Windows Office and some other Windows applications.

You may find more inf here:

http://www.apple.com/getamac/movies.html

kyjelly is offline Banned
    Yeah, Macbook Pro all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Alex2
    I have MacBook Pro and I love it. It is heavy duty and it can run Windows Office and some other Windows applications.

You may find more inf here:

http://www.apple.com/getamac/movies.html
    wow, thats blows my ibook away. I like that one, and did some research on it, and think thats what I am leaning towards, so thanks.. By the way, which size do you have, I think the prize range is like 600 dollars more for the 21inch..

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    I have the 15.4 inch one. A colleague and I bought two on the Thanksgiving sale and got a decent discount.

GUnit33 is offline Member
    If you stay with an apple, don't bother getting a MacBook, opt for the Pro even though it's more expensive. It's got dedicated graphics and a dual core processor with quick speeds and higher available memory.

If you want to switch to a pc, than I would suggest either the Asus S96J or the Compal HEL80. Both are outstanding machines without paying the price of having a name brand. Each can be configured VERY nicely for anywhere between 1200-1400. I own the Asus, but the compal is comparable and it has a fingerprint identicifcation system next to the scroll pad.

kyjelly is offline Banned
    Get a MacPro online.

Go to the education discounts, even if your not in college, and just say your are. You get like 15% off or something.

Plus, Mac is the best out there as of now.

the 15.4 is all you need, especially if your gonna be running around with it.

dano_85 is offline Junior Member
    ^^^ agree 100% mac book pro is by far the best laptop out there ,you wouldent belive how many we sell at best buy !!!!

Thread Information