steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT

Quality of life.

What is your thoughts on quality of life? evreyone has a diffrent way of looking at life do to good or bad exsperiances. what is your out take ? what does it take for one to have Quality of life. is it Love ? or money ? maybe working your dream job ? or simpley just being around family and friends?

We all know someone who makes tons of money but hates there job never get to spend quality time with there family and friends.

On the other hand we all know someone that dosnt make that much money but they love there life because of its quality ? because they are with the people they love and get to do the things they want and have there freedome.

My X girlfriend moved to Flordia after we split we were togather for 3 years, she moved there because her folks are down there and it just made sense at the time, now she lives on the cost of Sarasota and pays 800 a month for a 1 bedroom apt. pluse bills and a car payment, grannit she makes good money for being a waitress, but she has no Quality of life, she cant save enough money to do the things she wants, like travle go on a shopping spree, pay off credit cards ect...She loves the area she lives in of course it is a beatifull area but whats the point of liveing in an area like that if you cant live the " high life" ??

Now i know other people who dont live in a resort area like Sarasota, and payless for things but dont make as much money of course cost of liveing is cheaper than Fl, but they are around friends they have known for years and years and of course family is around and alway there.

So my question is what is quality of life ? to you ?

IMO- quality of life is being with the ones you love may that be friends/family and doing what you love to do wether or not you make alot of money or not and haveing the freedome to do the things you want when you want. I whould rather fail at something i love than succeed in something i dont.
    Last edited by steve0; 08-09-2006 at 07:54 AM.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Took the words out of my mouth there Steve. What makes life worth living is your family and your friends. Happiness which stems from money is artificial happiness IMO, as it is only temporary, it will not keep you happy forever.

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    Quality of life, in my opinion, is being able to do the things you enjoy, with the people that you care about. You can have every material item that the world has to offer to increase your quality of life. But, if you're having to work every hour of the day to obtain it, then it's really wreaking havoc on your overall quality of life. A good balance of everything that life has to offer is a good overall quality of life in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    Quality of life, in my opinion, is being able to do the things you enjoy, with the people that you care about. You can have every material item that the world has to offer to increase your quality of life. But, if you're having to work every hour of the day to obtain it, then it's really wreaking havoc on your overall quality of life. A good balance of everything that life has to offer is a good overall quality of life in my opinion.

Agreed mavs

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    Very well put Mav

Pinkvelvet is offline Female Member
    Quality of life is determined by what you make of it. Whatever your long term goal is...money....cars...whatever....

My quality of life is just experiencing endless opportunities to the fullest; whether I'm totally successful at them or not.
    Someone's Little Pumpkie

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkvelvet
    Quality of life is determined by what you make of it. Whatever your long term goal is...money....cars...whatever....

My quality of life is just experiencing endless opportunities to the fullest; whether I'm totally successful at them or not.

i will agree with you on that, there is no wrong answer to this question.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I think it is having a balance of things. Family friends and money. Take away 1 of them and your missing out. You Just find the right balance that makes you happy

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    quality of life is totally personal opinion & what your desires & needs are & what makes you TRULY happy in life.What makes(lets say-WEBB) happy, might not make (lets say-NARK) happy.Personally....having a great family life is primary for me.Having goals & achieving them & trying to effect people in a positive way every day,whether its a smile,or a goodmorning to someone on the street makes me happy. There was a time where I had NO money & now I am fortunate to HAVE money.I can tell you first hand..It will improve the "stuff" or "things" that you have in your possesion, but it will not improve the true quality of your life & who you are. PEACE

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quality of life to me is to have a job I enjoy(salary not that important aslong as I dont have to worry about making ends meet), my girlfriend at my side and good friends and my health intact offcourse.

Doesnt matter much to me if I live in a big or small house, have a crappy or flashy car ect. Offcourse I want some material things. Life is shit when poor.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Many things make people feel successful/happy

some are motivated by relationships, but with those relationships comes responsabilities... remember women have choices, men have responsabilities..

A person can decide to trade thier time for $$$ in something they dont' enjoy doing just so that they can afford a lifestyle that they do enjoy..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    marble countertops...italian tile floors, brazillian hardwood floors that are heated.....60" plasma tv's....10 thousand dollar bedroom sets with a $2000 pillowtop mattress...once a week home cleaning service...gripping wood grain on the steering wheel while having ur back massaged in ur heated/cooled seats that are wrapped in supple beige leather...hitting your OnStar button to get driving directions or make dinner reservations...italian leather dress shoes...expensive button up shirts and $200 jeans...in home gym and theater room...

to me, the above things make life ALOT more comfortable to live...thats what I think of when I think of a good quality of life...honestly, I believe the more money that you're making allows you to enjoy life more and not spend as much time doing 'chores'.. For instance, if one guy can afford a landscaper and the other has to do it himself, the guy who can afford the landscaper can be out doing something he enjoys, out on his boat, playing golf, whatever...whereas the guy who cant is having to spend precious time doing maitenance. Thats what I believe seperates the quality of life, how much time we spend doing chores that we could be paying someone else to do...Maybe I sound like a dick for that, but thats how I see things at least...

Quality of life, is much different from being 'happy' in life...The things I named above mean nothing without a woman you love to share them with, otherwise they're pointless. I believe to be happy you need to have people in your life that you love and that love you, but I dont believe this has much to do with your 'quality of life'...

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    what about the millionaire that enjoys cutting his lawn?? to him...thats quality of HIS life...its all VERY individual & its a matter of prefrence really..good points made guys

good to see some activity on this and that people got there shivt togather.

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather
    marble countertops...italian tile floors, brazillian hardwood floors that are heated.....60" plasma tv's....10 thousand dollar bedroom sets with a $2000 pillowtop mattress...once a week home cleaning service...gripping wood grain on the steering wheel while having ur back massaged in ur heated/cooled seats that are wrapped in supple beige leather...hitting your OnStar button to get driving directions or make dinner reservations...italian leather dress shoes...expensive button up shirts and $200 jeans...in home gym and theater room...
    to me, the above things make life ALOT more comfortable to live...thats what I think of when I think of a good quality of life...honestly, I believe the more money that you're making allows you to enjoy life more and not spend as much time doing 'chores'.. For instance, if one guy can afford a landscaper and the other has to do it himself, the guy who can afford the landscaper can be out doing something he enjoys, out on his boat, playing golf, whatever...whereas the guy who cant is having to spend precious time doing maitenance. Thats what I believe seperates the quality of life, how much time we spend doing chores that we could be paying someone else to do...Maybe I sound like a dick for that, but thats how I see things at least...

Quality of life, is much different from being 'happy' in life...The things I named above mean nothing without a woman you love to share them with, otherwise they're pointless. I believe to be happy you need to have people in your life that you love and that love you, but I dont believe this has much to do with your 'quality of life'...

thats sounds like my grandmothers house and by no means is hse happy or will ever be.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Quality of life to me is to have a job I enjoy(salary not that important aslong as I dont have to worry about making ends meet), my girlfriend at my side and good friends and my health intact offcourse.

Doesnt matter much to me if I live in a big or small house, have a crappy or flashy car ect. Offcourse I want some material things. Life is shit when poor.
    I wish there was more people like you bro.

Katelette81 is offline Female Member
    Quality of life to me is having a great family or being part of a family that is full of love and support, having friends that will be by your side through anything, experiencing things that come out nice in pictures but could never be described better than the memory burned in your brain.

I think people put values in the wrong things and it leads to disillusioned lives... you can't take it with you when you go... that's the thing with material things.

Anyway.. you get the point I"m sure. I value the quality of my life in the love that it holds...

KhrisiGirl is offline Female Member
    I am sitting here trying to think of something profound to say but all that comes to mind is that my life is great as long as my husband and children are happy, the bills are paid and I can make it to the gym on time.

~Khrisi~

Quote Originally Posted by KhrisiGirl
    I am sitting here trying to think of something profound to say but all that comes to mind is that my life is great as long as my husband and children are happy, the bills are paid and I can make it to the gym on time.

~Khrisi~

werd Khrisigirl, i like the way that sounds, simple and sweet.

Thread Information