nickm748 is offline Associate Member

should I keep lifting? I F*cked up my back today

Hey guys when i was squatting today im not sure if it was because I didnt stretch out b4 or if my form just went to shit in the last couple of reps but the whole right side of my mid-back KILLS, like to the point where it kinda feels like I got the wind knocked outa me. WHAT SHOULD I DO, I finished my leg workout today with some extentions and then went in the jacuzzie (sp) for 20min but right now im home and I am thinking about just taking some advil and taking the rest of the week off. Should I work out the rest of my body or should I take it easy for a bit...

Any help is appreciated thanks guys

take it off, even though your not lifting your legs or back directly you will be using your back muscles for supprt and assistance in other movements. Dont be stupid, take some time off to let it heal

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    take it off, even though your not lifting your legs or back directly you will be using your back muscles for supprt and assistance in other movements. Dont be stupid, take some time off to let it heal
    yup better to take a week off and heal than lift injury it more and miss a month of lifting.

NYGIANTS21 is offline Senior Member
    IMO the back is the most important area on your body you should not mess around with..if it hurts take time of. with a serious back injury you are screwed. it may only hurt a little now but if you work out and mess it up some more your out even longer. JMO

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    some may say to lift light, but i would just take the time off completely...keep hitting the hot tub, and after a few days off i would get in the pool and move around w some light swimming

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    ice(do not use heat) rest and DONt lift for a wk!!!! go read the stickies i wrote about cryotherapy,stages od healing, and lumbar rehab in the injury and rehab forum

Superhuman is offline Banned
    i'd say lift, but machines only and very light weight with high reps and controlled range of motion

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    i'd say lift, but machines only and very light weight with high reps and controlled range of motion
    trust me, one wk off wont make or break you, if you aggrevat it anymore, you will make it worse and than you could be out for a few wks!!!not worth it, when hurt take my advice, it is a "trump" card to take a break, so relax, heal and enjoy the time off until you are out of pain

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    soon as you do injurie to your back, just stop and take break.
    you dont want to risk damaging your back.

Thread Information