Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    helium3 is offline Senior Member

why little men shouldnt be doormen!

first of all i try and stay out of trouble i aint a tough guy per say,but last weekend was f@@ked up.enjoying my final pint with my wife,brother and a couple of freinds when two bithes kicked off on the dance floor one of the two door men through them out then the two lads with the girls kicked off they were thrown out,one guy comes back in the front door to avoid trouble outside then the little prick of a doorman lays into him fists flyin,the big bouncer thows him out then the other guy comes in covered in blood and the little doorman trys to throw him out he goes to the floor near us the doorman then starts pounding into his face half a dozen times just as i go to grab the doorman the other big doorman comes over grabs the other bouncer(whos still pounding the other guys face) first attempt to drag him off didnt work hes lost it completely.so then the funniest thing ive everseen happens.the big bouncer smashes the other bouncer in the face and drags him off.so f##king funny.

none of this wouldnt have happened if the little prick of a bouncer hadnt got something to prove while he had an audience.anyone under 5ft 10" and 200lbs has no place on a door,plain and simple.it doesnt matter how hard you are if you are a small or skinny doorman people will have ago. and some little pricks always have to prove themselves.

doormen,as much as they are extra muscle to get the job done, there size is also a deterrent.just having the "presence" keeps people in line.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    I agree with you bro. I am not a big guy at all, and I would never be a doorman, but I WILL go to that a$$

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by helium3
    first of all i try and stay out of trouble i aint a tough guy per say,but last weekend was f@@ked up.enjoying my final pint with my wife,brother and a couple of freinds when two bithes kicked off on the dance floor one of the two door men through them out then the two lads with the girls kicked off they were thrown out,one guy comes back in the front door to avoid trouble outside then the little prick of a doorman lays into him fists flyin,the big bouncer thows him out then the other guy comes in covered in blood and the little doorman trys to throw him out he goes to the floor near us the doorman then starts pounding into his face half a dozen times just as i go to grab the doorman the other big doorman comes over grabs the other bouncer(whos still pounding the other guys face) first attempt to drag him off didnt work hes lost it completely.so then the funniest thing ive everseen happens.the big bouncer smashes the other bouncer in the face and drags him off.so f##king funny.

none of this wouldnt have happened if the little prick of a bouncer hadnt got something to prove while he had an audience.anyone under 5ft 10" and 200lbs has no place on a door,plain and simple.it doesnt matter how hard you are if you are a small or skinny doorman people will have ago. and some little pricks always have to prove themselves.

doormen,as much as they are extra muscle to get the job done, there size is also a deterrent.just having the "presence" keeps people in line.
    You have effectivly shattered my dreams of becomming a Doorman

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    First off learn how to use a period. Man that was hard to read. Second it depends on the guy. If he is insecure they will act like that. I worked in alot of clubs. I'm 5'6 between 180-190lbs. I never had a real problem. Its also how you present yourself. Some guys are just dicks and think they are tough guys because they are security. And they were 6'5

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    First off learn how to use a period. Man that was hard to read. Second it depends on the guy. If he is insecure they will act like that. I worked in alot of clubs. I'm 5'6 between 180-190lbs. I never had a real problem. Its also how you present yourself. Some guys are just dicks and think they are tough guys because they are security. And they were 6'5
    nah man! most of the time the only way little guys can subdue someone is by hitting them and thats just wrong.most people who see a little guy on the door as they walk in the bar will say."wtf is he doin there" and thats a fact.and i dont mean to insult you but at 5,6" id laugh.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Not here. You spend to much time worrieng about who is working the door. In 3 years I only punched someone once. And I've thrown out many. The customers aren't fighting with us its usually each other. Most of the time if you break them up its over. Only a few times has someone really tried to hit me.

And your comment if i saw a 5'6 guy I'd laugh. See its not the short doorman attitude its yours. Why would you laugh? Your taller so your tougher? It sounds like if that guy asked you to leave you would have to be the bad ass and have prove something. Why, because your not going to listen to a short doorman

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    And your comment if i saw a 5'6 guy I'd laugh. See its not the short doorman attitude its yours. Why would you laugh? Your taller so your tougher? It sounds like if that guy asked you to leave you would have to be the bad ass and have prove something. Why, because your not going to listen to a short doorman

I agree, lifting weights and being "Big" does not equal fighting skill. I don't understand the whole club/bar scene anyway. Waste of time.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Not here. You spend to much time worrieng about who is working the door. In 3 years I only punched someone once. And I've thrown out many. The customers aren't fighting with us its usually each other. Most of the time if you break them up its over. Only a few times has someone really tried to hit me.

I'm 5'6". I bet he would listen to me.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

carved.in.stone is offline Junior Member
    nah man! most of the time the only way little guys can subdue someone is by hitting them and thats just wrong.most people who see a little guy on the door as they walk in the bar will say."wtf is he doin there" and thats a fact.and i dont mean to insult you but at 5,6" id laugh.

I might be wrong but picture this, your in a club, your in the wrong about to be thrown out for something. you turn round you see carlos e chargin at you, you laughin?????

spencer is offline i gotta S on ma chest
    Quote Originally Posted by carved.in.stone
    I might be wrong but picture this, your in a club, your in the wrong about to be thrown out for something. you turn round you see carlos e chargin at you, you laughin?????
    whats he gonna do? scratch you. carlos isnt violent

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Thank you, I thought I was the only one having trouble with the afore mentioned story.

First off learn how to use a period. Man that was hard to read.
    Last edited by ottomaddox; 08-17-2006 at 03:18 PM.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    I've worked with guys a few inch shorter(back when I did work as a bouncer) then myself, maybe 5'10 or 5'9 and they stood their ground. You gotta know how to take care of youself thats all, let me tell you there were guys who were 6'7 250lbs+ and were nowhere to be found during a fight. As far as Im concerned respect is earned regardless of size and not given because you're big. You got to have trust in others that they got your back and not that they decide it's time to go take a leak when you need them.

Having said that, gosh I miss getting picked up by chicks all the time
    <sigh>

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Im a doorman,have been for 13 years now. 99% of situatuions can be handled by using your brains. Occasionally they cant.If the guy is bigger than me and he is being agressive hes going to get hit. I've never had to repeatedly punch someone in the face as described in this story though. If you can't get it done quickly and efficiently there is something wrong with the way your doing it.

hey muril who is the guy in the dark shirt in your sig??

Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    Thats "The Iceman" Chuck Liddell bro - UFC Light Heavyweight Champion

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member

You recently ask me that same question.

Quote Originally Posted by rar1015
    You recently ask me that same question.
    sorry different angle!! thought that it was different guy. Do those two ever fight each other. I dont know much about mma but they look mighty pissed with each other. i think it'd be a good fight.

Motion is offline Associate Member
    sorry different angle!! thought that it was different guy. Do those two ever fight each other. I dont know much about mma but they look mighty pissed with each other. i think it'd be a good fight.
    November I think it is that they are scheduled to fight. Should be a GREAT one.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Ha!!! I bet ya if you get one of those guys, hit em with a baseball bat 20 times, stab em a couple of times, shoot em with a 12gauge and smash their face with a rock 10 times theyd just drop like a fvcking rock....and they call themelevs tough

carved.in.stone is offline Junior Member
    not talkin about weather carlos is a fighter or not. just using him as an example that you can not state that a persons height alone determines how you react to them working as a doorman. carlos in one of the biggest blokes on this site and i do believe any1 in a club that see s some1 who is only 5ft 6 in height and near the size of carlos is going to show the same amount of respect that they would to a 6ft 5 bouncer.

Quote Originally Posted by carved.in.stone
    not talkin about weather carlos is a fighter or not. just using him as an example that you can not state that a persons height alone determines how you react to them working as a doorman. carlos in one of the biggest blokes on this site and i do believe any1 in a club that see s some1 who is only 5ft 6 in height and near the size of carlos is going to show the same amount of respect that they would to a 6ft 5 bouncer.
    Every time I go to a club people think I'm security. I also get double takes from the real security guys because I'm bigger than them.

Morpheaus is offline Associate Member

Question

helium3, you don't what you're talking about mate.

some of my best mate's work on the door and they're job is not to cause trouble or get into fight's with customer's. true, it happen's sometime's but i think you'll find the majority of club's and pub's now have cctv and the likelyhood is that if a doorman hit's someone in or outside the club they will lose their license to work on the door after it has been reported, which in turn will leave them without work?

i think you're taking an isolated incident and and applying that to every 'small' doorman, i've got a mate who is 5'4'', 185lb he's never had any trouble because he's polite and professional, no problem.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    I've done the doorman thing in a "Hot" club in NY back in the day! The only times I had to "Go to hands" was when a drunk didn't understand my professional demeaner, than I explained it to him in terms he could understand.

MJ

Quote Originally Posted by spencer
    whats he gonna do? scratch you. carlos isnt violent
    Try me.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Try me.
    Yeah - doubt I would say that to a guy your size...but then again I'm more of the get along with everyone type of person.

spencer is offline i gotta S on ma chest
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Try me.
    lol. i will with a cattle prod. lol

gixxerboy, carlos and the rest of the boy's who know the score, respect.

Superhuman is offline Banned
    well, if you work security and are short and skinny you will have to deal with more sh*t and people aren't going to automatically respect you... One of the clubs I worked at didn't have any big security guys, all of them were 5'10 and around 200lbs. Before I started there, there were fights almost every night and people would start stuff with the security too. The whole time I worked at that club there was one fight, and it was between two girls I think that helium is right, size is a deterrent.

...just like back in school if you have a small teacher kids will do what they want (throw paper airplanes, talk loud, etc.) but if you have a big bad-ass looking teacher (like a football coach teaching biology) then most of the kids will behave. this doesn't mean that the small teacher can't back his sh*t up, but the whole idea is that he HAS to. the football coach doesn't have to prove himself to keep the kids in line while the other teacher does.

If I were a club owner I would hire huge bouncers, whether they knew how to fight or not. If you have small bouncers, more people are going to want to "test" them and thus there will be more fights... leading to more liability for the club owner.

Lightbulb

'superhuman' - no, sorry mate that's bull****.

(1) what a bad comparison, what would school kid's rather learn football or biology?

(2) who would have the easier job?

and with reference to working the door :-

(3) if you've got a brain and you've got a physical prescence and you can talk down a situation, there is no need to let it get out of hand.

(4) if it does get out of hand that is why you have more than one doorman?

(5) we're not talking about people getting in a ring and kicking **** out of each other, we're talking about people trying to do a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheaus
    'superhuman' - no, sorry mate that's bull****.

(1) what a bad comparison, what would school kid's rather learn football or biology?
    You should read more carefully. I said "a football coach teaching biology". In my school we had regular teachers AND coaches teaching the same subjects. Would you act up in class with some nerdy teacher? How bout a football coach? I bet the nerdy teacher would have to prove himself first, while the coach wouldn't

(2) who would have the easier job?
    What are you talking about?
    and with reference to working the door :-

(3) if you've got a brain and you've got a physical prescence and you can talk down a situation, there is no need to let it get out of hand.
    You're right, but these situations are FAR LESS likely to happen in the first place with huge bouncers in the club instead of little guys, TRUST ME.

(4) if it does get out of hand that is why you have more than one doorman?
    Typically you don't need more than one doorman, you just need more bouncers inside. At a couple clubs I worked at we had a uniformed police officer out front too. LIKE I SAID THOUGH, things are far less likely to get out of hand with big bouncers versus little ones.

(5) we're not talking about people getting in a ring and kicking **** out of each other, we're talking about people trying to do a job.
    One more time, if you have bigger bouncers there won't be a job to do - does that make sense? A club owner would be creating trouble he doesn't need by hiring small bouncers/doormen - people will always test him..

Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    sorry, your answer is still B***s**t

Last edited by Morpheaus; 08-17-2006 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheaus
    sorry, your answer is still B***s**t

okay, so far you have given me no legitimate reasons as to how my answer is bullsh*t. I thinks most everyone would agree with what I said, no? Usually people who are wrong and know they are wrong resort to calling names and/or just spewing ignorant crap like that.

okay, so far you have given me no legitimate reasons as to how my answer is bullsh*t. I thinks most everyone would agree with what I said, no? Usually people who are wrong and know they are wrong resort to calling names and/or just spewing ignorant crap like that.
    like who, who agree's with you? the guy who posted this thread?

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    anyone under 5ft 10" and 200lbs has no place on a door,plain and simple.it doesnt matter how hard you are if you are a small or skinny doorman people will have ago. and some little pricks always have to prove themselves.

When I used to bounce I was around 240 @ 5'9" and I never had any problems and handled myself quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ejuicer
    When I used to bounce I was around 240 @ 5'9" and I never had any problems and handled myself quite well.
    helium was talking about "small or skinny doorman", not stacked fvckers like you!!!

Hunter is offline Grateful
    size and how strong you are does not equal fighting ability as murilo said. you take a smaller boxer/kickboxer against a guy who is 200 pounds even a muscular 200 pounds he will get knocked out. Now you take that same kickboxer/boxer and he knows ground ie, sambo/bjj/csw he will choke out or break one of the larger mans appendages. Look at for example fedor not sure of his hiegth but he carries some pudge and he has beated the best of the best in the ring due to fighting ability. weightlifting and looking jacked does not equal fighting ability, I am not trying to sound tough but I have been in one fight and I am 5'7 and right around 165 pounds I choked out a much larger oponent who was a believe it or not amatuer bodybuilder. In bjj class I have tapped larger opponents and I am sure 99% of guys who take bjj have also tapped larger opponents. Size does not equal fighting ability. Strength helps no doubt but if you dont know how to use it when it comes to fighting its useless the only thing that gets you ready for a fight is to train how to protect yourself

Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    size and how strong you are does not equal fighting ability as murilo said. you take a smaller boxer/kickboxer against a guy who is 200 pounds even a muscular 200 pounds he will get knocked out. Now you take that same kickboxer/boxer and he knows ground ie, sambo/bjj/csw he will choke out or break one of the larger mans appendages. Look at for example fedor not sure of his hiegth but he carries some pudge and he has beated the best of the best in the ring due to fighting ability. weightlifting and looking jacked does not equal fighting ability, I am not trying to sound tough but I have been in one fight and I am 5'7 and right around 165 pounds I choked out a much larger oponent who was a believe it or not amatuer bodybuilder. In bjj class I have tapped larger opponents and I am sure 99% of guys who take bjj have also tapped larger opponents. Size does not equal fighting ability. Strength helps no doubt but if you dont know how to use it when it comes to fighting its useless the only thing that gets you ready for a fight is to train how to protect yourself
    i think helium and I both acknowledge the being big doesn't mean you will win in a fight... I know this from experience as well. HOWEVER - back to the whol point of this thread... Less fights and problems will happen at a club if you have big bouncers because people will be intimidated. People will generally look at a big guy and go "damn, he could kick my ass" whereas people look at a small guy and say "I could probably whoop his ass".

Now here's another thought... if you take a huge guy and a small guy and they are at the same skill level, speed, and agility the huge guy will probably win. Imagine taking on some 6'7" 350lbs guy who is JUST AS GOOD as you at fighting - you will probably lose.

i think helium and I both acknowledge the being big doesn't mean you will win in a fight... I know this from experience as well. HOWEVER - back to the whol point of this thread... Less fights and problems will happen at a club if you have big bouncers because people will be intimidated. People will generally look at a big guy and go "damn, he could kick my ass" whereas people look at a small guy and say "I could probably whoop his ass".

Now here's another thought... if you take a huge guy and a small guy and they are at the same skill level, speed, and agility the huge guy will probably win. Imagine taking on some 6'7" 350lbs guy who is JUST AS GOOD as you at fighting - you will probably lose.
    doormen are not working on a door to get involved in 'mortal combat' with 'customer's' they are there to perform a job, this is were i think you are losing the whole point of this thread.

do you think that at every club, every night there is violence, or that everybody going into a club is going there for a fight?
    i don't know about you but as a rule when i go out, i go out to pull a few bird's, not try to get myself locked up for assaulting a doorman?

the title of this thread is 'why little men shouldn't be doormen', maybe you should start one called 'why people looking for fight's should stay away from club's'.

there are a lot of very good, professional doormen 'under 5'10" and 200lbs', who have been working sucessfully in club's and bar's for a very long time.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    jeez, theres alot of hostility in here.

come on guys, cant we all just... get along?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I am 5'6 and i don't care how big you are because when i punch you in the throat you are going down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information