Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"

Lightbulb For all those that own or want a business

This could get interesting to hear from people that are wanting to start or who already own a business. I own a tanning salon and a body jewelry store and would love to hear from others about the subject. Lets throw out ideas and discuss the costs, etc.

Test4life is offline Junior Member
    wow bro that sounds amazing I wish I was you! Imagine owning a tanning salon? I would go get tanned for free 24/7 lol till I get cancer maybe then a jewllery store as well? hmm...imagine wearing all the free jewllery that you want.

What's funny is I don't tan and have no piercings I love to see dark girls with body jewelry, omg ( you should see what girls have pierced) I'm in the slow season now, just holding on till Dec. then I make good money (which I never seem to keep long)

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm trying to find products that are on the up and up, and so far it seems like supplements, health foods, etc are all the rage cause of the baby boomers and their aging children...

Online business would be preferable...My goal is to make thousands without getting my ass out of bed and/or the gym.

Anyone enjoying this lifestyle currently?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i have my on practice i rum by myself, i love being in bussiness for myself, my girlfriend owns a clothing botique, so i know a little about retail sales as well. retail is a pain in the ass. long hours and it takes a few years to turn a profit.my bussiness is a lot less hours, but i have to deal with these god damn insurance companies and lawyers. both i hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    i have my on practice i rum by myself, i love being in bussiness for myself, my girlfriend owns a clothing botique, so i know a little about retail sales as well. retail is a pain in the ass. long hours and it takes a few years to turn a profit.my bussiness is a lot less hours, but i have to deal with these god damn insurance companies and lawyers. both i hate.
    What practice is that doc? Turning tricks down by the river?

Quote Originally Posted by Phreak101
    I'm trying to find products that are on the up and up, and so far it seems like supplements, health foods, etc are all the rage cause of the baby boomers and their aging children...
    Supplements would be too hard to compete. The mark up is non existent because the big companies have special contracts. if you want an inside tip, buy stuff cheap wholesale from china and retail it online, the mark up is great, all else happens and you fell, you are not out shlt. Do a search for products online and beware of so called "wholesale" sites, they just list under that heading when a legit place would have alot better rates.

I really have no idea where to begin

I really have no idea where to begin
    Literally just spend hours looking up stuff like "wholesale products for stores" or something like that.
    *Get incroporated and get a state tax id #,
    *you need to have someone host your site (there are others that know alot about that on this site)
    *order just enough product to get you started, you can always get more later or change products on your site

Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    Literally just spend hours looking up stuff like "wholesale products for stores" or something like that.
    *Get incroporated and get a state tax id #,
    *you need to have someone host your site (there are others that know alot about that on this site)
    *order just enough product to get you started, you can always get more later or change products on your site
    That seems easy enough, Im already incorporated for my real estate investing biz, but my "Rich dad" always taught me to have multiple income streams Godaddy.com will do hosting for $5.00 a month.

Goodcents, what would you suggest for advertising? Word of mouth? I assume all the message boards out there will block and ban posts regarding other stores besdies the sponsors...

Triple X is offline Banned
    I'm getting ready to do a full service car wash & detailing center. All for the low, low price of about 1.8 million!

Quote Originally Posted by Triple X
    I'm getting ready to do a full service car wash & detailing center. All for the low, low price of about 1.8 million!
    I was looking into doing one of those a few years ago, but as you know, the start up is high and then the personal property taxes are high.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple X
    Yeah be careful with those...my partner in my RE biz used to own one, he said the overhead was sick, that's what ran him out of business.

Good luck

That seems easy enough, Im already incorporated for my real estate investing biz, but my "Rich dad" always taught me to have multiple income streams Godaddy.com will do hosting for $5.00 a month.

Goodcents, what would you suggest for advertising? Word of mouth? I assume all the message boards out there will block and ban posts regarding other stores besdies the sponsors...
    Depends on what you sell, I know you can get it where you are the first one to show up on a search, but this is something I am just now getting into.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Suppliments seem to be growing, especially online. Automotive accessories is another thing that really is taking off.

Quote Originally Posted by cfiler
    Suppliments seem to be growing, especially online. Automotive accessories is another thing that really is taking off.

That's something I don't know anything about, but I know one guy here sells them, can't remember his name.

I guess what you need to find out, is what type of product or service are you going to offer?

Lets keep the ideas coming

Mail order brides?

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Mail order brides?
    my college prof. had a russian mail order....guy cracks me up!

Mail order brides?

Scams are aways good

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    my dad owns his own dental practice...hes giving it to me when I'm out of dental school.

Computer/electronics do sell very well online. You could set up a online store of "knock-offs" from china. The new MP3 players from there that look like Ipods are selling really well right now. May be a fad though, but who wouldn't want a new Ipod for $50.00?

Knock-off shoes, and purses would do pretty well too I would think.

Sex toys, and products sell very well online, since alot of people are too embaressed to go to a store to buy them.

Computer/electronics do sell very well online. You could set up a online store of "knock-offs" from china. The new MP3 players from there that look like Ipods are selling really well right now. May be a fad though, but who wouldn't want a new Ipod for $50.00?

Knock-off shoes, and purses would do pretty well too I would think.
    Ive been thinking about that as well, Cfiler. Do you know a bit more about these products and how to get them dropshipped/wholesale?

Sex toys, and products sell very well online, since alot of people are too embaressed to go to a store to buy them.
    Wow thats a good point. You've got good ideas man! Wanna be my partner?

Stumbo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust

Thats awsome. Me and my girl would like to start our own practice some day, she is a MRI tech, so we would love to start our own Imaging center.

I'm very envious.

I've actually been thinking about opening up an online store myself. Just trying to find a company that offers a product for a low price, that I can sell and make a profit off of.

I'm working right now, at getting a shop to make performance pulleys for me, so I can sell them online. Alittle harder with licensing in Canada though. Especially shipping to the US all the time.

Tanning salons suck, new equipment all the time and every mom and pop opens one up, and now they have fuking mega salons you have to compete with. You make great money 7 monthes out of the year, then you give it back the other five

What about a male orientated "Build a bear?"

It could be made for boys, and build action figures, or RC cars, or something. The type of store does very well, and it's all female orientated.

Something where a boy could go and build a model car, or motorcycle, or action figure, ect.

Tanning salons suck, new equipment all the time and every mom and pop opens one up, and now they have fuking mega salons you have to compete with. You make great money 7 monthes out of the year, then you give it back the other five
    True, but what other jobs can you set up cameras to watch people while they tan?

V_Vandetta is offline Senior Member
    i myself own several business and as said electronics are the way to go ..... I import from all over and sell electronics ...... but the trick is to buy voulem ... its funny you said you own a tanning salon we just closed a deal with a multi chain salon to sell low cost Mp3 units..... and it's done real well for them , selling over 5000 units and when looked at the profit on a single no name brand unit cost me 4$ dollars per and with a retail of 125$ than sell hole sell to a client for 25$ than there resell is 55$ on a unit that is way cheaper than walmart ...... but the trick to any business is a product that people want and than how to market that product

a good exsample is Xbox 360 sell retail for 499$ but say you buy 100 units @ 299 you still have to compete with the bigger retail chains so what one does is gamble with the market and since Xbox 360 had mass problems with the origanl units they lost product sales Now that Xbox has corrected the problem and is planning a big marketing plain with tv radio ..... they have to reboost the unit So a good business man knows this and what does he do buys 10,000 units at a low cost and sit on them untill the new marketing goes in and he now has a low cost unit that will resale for 100% profit and can compete with the bigger retail market in whole sale ....

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    how long does a tanning visit go for and how much does it cost.
    im going to compare it with where i live.

True, but what other jobs can you set up cameras to watch people while they tan?
    uww, touchy subject their. One guy in my metro area did that and went to jail. For at least a few years it just killed all tanning salons business. I still get the "you don't film us, do you" I get real seriuos on them and they shut up right away. One lady in the middle of a packed lobby thought we used to do that, I went ape shit on her in front of everyone and made her feel stupid. We have never filmed anyone, you lose your ass that way. The dumb
    b i t c h was a fuking idiot, they don't let you stay in business after filming people

Quote Originally Posted by collar
    how long does a tanning visit go for and how much does it cost.
    im going to compare it with where i live.
    $5 u.s. a session or about $30-$40 a month u.s.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    here they charge about 10 us or so.
    for 10 minutes.
    for how long does it go for?

uww, touchy subject their. One guy in my metro area did that and went to jail. For at least a few years it just killed all tanning salons business. I still get the "you don't film us, do you" I get real seriuos on them and they shut up right away. One lady in the middle of a packed lobby thought we used to do that, I went ape shit on her in front of everyone and made her feel stupid. We have never filmed anyone, you lose your ass that way. The dumb
    b i t c h was a fuking idiot, they don't let you stay in business after filming people
    I know that no successful buisness would film someone. The trick is oneway glass in the booth.

It reminds me of the SNL skit "The Continental" with Christopher Walken, when he is watching a woman change being 1 way glass, then lights up a cigarette, and she sees him through the glass.

Seriously though, if someone did accuse me of filming them in a buisness, I would totally freak out on them, and maybe even ban them. Don't want bad publicity like that.

Quote Originally Posted by V_Vandetta
    i myself own several business and as said electronics are the way to go ..... I import from all over and sell electronics ...... but the trick is to buy voulem ... its funny you said you own a tanning salon we just closed a deal with a multi chain salon to sell low cost Mp3 units..... and it's done real well for them , selling over 5000 units and when looked at the profit on a single no name brand unit cost me 4$ dollars per and with a retail of 125$ than sell hole sell to a client for 25$ than there resell is 55$ on a unit that is way cheaper than walmart ...... but the trick to any business is a product that people want and than how to market that product

a good exsample is Xbox 360 sell retail for 499$ but say you buy 100 units @ 299 you still have to compete with the bigger retail chains so what one does is gamble with the market and since Xbox 360 had mass problems with the origanl units they lost product sales Now that Xbox has corrected the problem and is planning a big marketing plain with tv radio ..... they have to reboost the unit So a good business man knows this and what does he do buys 10,000 units at a low cost and sit on them untill the new marketing goes in and he now has a low cost unit that will resale for 100% profit and can compete with the bigger retail market in whole sale ....
    got some info on the mp3 players for me. or if you want, pm me, I have been looking into getting some to sell. Have been getting e-mails from some china suppliers that are on a suppliers website I go to.

I run a free mamogram office out the back of my van.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information