305GUY is offline Anabolic Member

Alienware Laptops.. whats the deal with these things?????????

they look bad ass but im not sure if i wanna spend $2,500+ on a laptop..... anybody have one or know somebody who has one to explain whats so special about these computers?? im in the market for a new laptop and want one thats gonna last....thanks

kihop is offline Associate Member
    They're way over priced and designed primarily for gaming.
    If you're gonna splurge the cash I'd rather go with something from http://www.voodoopc.com or better yet, get a mac powerbook.

You'll probably find the best deals for laptops at http://www.newegg.com

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Alienware is high-dollar, but you do get what you pay for. Kihop is right, they are more or less designed for gaming, and Voodoo is an awesome machine as well.

Dell has bought Alienware now, so maybe the prices will start to fall.

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    thanks for the replies guys...

anybody else have opinions on these?

GUnit33 is offline Member
    Alienware sucks dickkkkkkk. If you want a good notebook pc, go and check out notebookreview. com. I got an Asus S96J and absolultly love it. Same power as an Alienware for a fraction of the cost.

As for Voodoo PCs, they are kick ass, and they have a good swap out prgoram, but thos e****ers are so overpriced, and the paint chips REAL easily...My buddy has an orange notebook and the ****er is all scratched up, looks terrible.

What type of notebook are you looking for, I can shoot you some ideas.

Kal-El is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kihop
    They're way over priced and designed primarily for gaming.
    If you're gonna splurge the cash I'd rather go with something from http://www.voodoopc.com or better yet, get a mac powerbook.

You'll probably find the best deals for laptops at http://www.newegg.com
    Bingo

mmaximus25 is offline Senior Member
    there fuking expensive!!!! do this build ur own PC after an alien make.... you'll save some cash... I just bought a middle of the road media verison dual core Dell E1705 Lap top (No I dont have the battery that explodes) and I design with Pro/e... I got the middle of teh road V/C "ATI" and works fine...

Not a Gamer but fuk those $$$

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Get an Apple MacBook or MacBook Pro. YOu can run Mac OS X and Win XP. 2 computers in 1.

http://www.apple.com/macbook/macbook.html

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

I actually really am starting to dig OS X.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El
    I actually really am starting to dig OS X.
    After seeing mine all of my PC friends want to get a Mac. Specially considering they can boot both OSes. So until they learn the OS they'll boot to windows.

By the way, Windows Vista is a complete rip off of the Mac OS down to color scheme. It's pretty pathetic.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    After seeing mine all of my PC friends want to get a Mac. Specially considering they can boot both OSes. So until they learn the OS they'll boot to windows.

By the way, Windows Vista is a complete rip off of the Mac OS down to color scheme. It's pretty pathetic.
    Did you expect anything less from Microsoft? Whats funny is that everyone who bitches about macs and their OS, will rave about Vista. You will have to have a decent system to run it also.

HP all the way baby!

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    my advice would to try and steer away from a gaming laptop. heating issues will happen. and performance will suffer. strictly my experience, but if you really really need mobility for lan parties, then yeah...i would settle for a gaming laptop

mmaximus25 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E

Haven't seen Vista... I wanted a Mac but it was a little more than I wanted to spend... I would need to relearn the Os but I hear people give tha bike analogy... I alwasy say but I was like 12 when I had my 1st apple..though

damn dude tha Macbook Pro w/ the same power as my E1705 Dell is listing 2700 compared to my dell.. for 1500... thats with out the DVD burner but same vid card...
    I'm gonna build the macbook with the exact options I have with my dell... I really wanted the Mac Pro and my Boss is gonna get one... I wanna stranlge his neck... hes a one upper pencil...
    I know ur not a one upper Los... so I can take it from you...

Long story short 350... if you got 2500 to spend on a notebook... ask your self is it need or want... then check your pocket book... Alien is supposed to offer the fastest bus in all aspect of transfer. HD,Chip/MB,cache on everything needed for speed... Are you a Designer (use high end software that if you dont have the lastest you'll pull your hair out and drink your own piss when opening complex models)??? Or are you a Gamer...

Or are you the guy that needs the latest gaget... cuz if you are... god bless you... you keep my industry (Semi) moving... I'm so glad my company is getting more into Medical and Life Sciences... Semi has the high but narrow peaks... and low long lulls.... ramp up sucks... everything is going over seas... ok I'm gonna stop bitching..... I need sleep... see ya

Thread Information