steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT

the off-season. and girls recap

A while back i posted a thread about the " off-season " and how woman more likely your woman dreads it becasue its by by abbs in most cases and your just not lean like us were or as lean. for a re cap ==

What is referred to as the "Off-Season" by bodybuilders is the time of the season when there are no bodybuilding shows. This period typically runs from the end of November to the beginning of March. The Off-Season is used to build muscle mass, fix weaknesses and attain a higher level of development to be later displayed at a bodybuilding show. Now, if you are a non-competitive bodybuilder, your off-season is the designated time when you decide to gain new muscle mass that is to be displayed later on during Spring or Summer at the beach, family reunion or wedding. In my opinion, a better name for the "Off-Season" should be "Mass Building Season", as off-season seems to imply lack of activity, something that cannot be farther from the truth.

One of the biggest mistakes that people make when bulking up in the off-season is gaining too much bodyweight. I've seen people add 40-50 lbs of pure bodyweight; pounds which later have to be shed in order to display any muscularity (muscle detail). My philosophy for off-season bodybuilding has always been "quality over quantity".

now that we have the jist of the " off-season " i will ask my question, for those who take full advantage of the off-season like my-self, i eat pretty much anything that can fit into my stomach the only food i dont eat is pizza i find it to have 0 nutrtion in it what so ever, but thats not the point, im now a single man again me and my girl split it has nothing to do with me being a little heavier than i normaly am, we were just at crossroads in are life's, now im going out again trying to get laid to tel you the truth, and it seems as though im getting more attention from the oppisit sex than i normally do why is this ? i for one do not find my-self attractive what so ever in the off-season, im always eating something, im constantly sweating, i shave about evry three days yet i have woman calling me all the time and hitting on me, is this becasue i go out more ? eat at resturaunts ect..ect..?? i dont know maybe it is... But it seems like when im ripped,shredded,grainy,veiny,ect..i never ever get hit on, why is that ?? is it becasue they think im out of there leauge ??? trust me im not full of my self, im very humble and i know i dont have the best body out there. is there any one/ girl that can explain this to me....???????

Mizfit is offline Banned
    bump so i remember to respond when i get to work

thanks Miz i whould love a response

Mizfit is offline Banned
    well we're not all looking for perfection and in the off season you don't look as hard edged maybe.

also you find things when your not looking - because your self contious now maybe your more humble

Most obvious reason - summer is ending and women r looking for a snuggle bunny

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    well we're not all looking for perfection and in the off season you don't look as hard edged maybe.

also you find things when your not looking - because your self contious now maybe your more humble

or bear

or donkey!?

Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit

true i can see that in a way i guess i agree,

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    bump.. so i can hit this thread when i'm online later

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR

Wink

they might have dated someone before who cared more about their body then their girlfriend.they make the assumption that your the same.also if they have a bf who is ripped they feel threatened from all other women that will hit on you when out with the boys. this is not the case.
    women(not all but most) are very defensive, they want to be looked at when you go out be the better looking one.
    here's a tip when you talk to them tell them you think they are to good to be going out with you.wworks a treat

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    A while back i posted a thread about the " off-season " and how woman more likely your woman dreads it becasue its by by abbs in most cases and your just not lean like us were or as lean. for a re cap ==

What is referred to as the "Off-Season" by bodybuilders is the time of the season when there are no bodybuilding shows. This period typically runs from the end of November to the beginning of March. The Off-Season is used to build muscle mass, fix weaknesses and attain a higher level of development to be later displayed at a bodybuilding show. Now, if you are a non-competitive bodybuilder, your off-season is the designated time when you decide to gain new muscle mass that is to be displayed later on during Spring or Summer at the beach, family reunion or wedding. In my opinion, a better name for the "Off-Season" should be "Mass Building Season", as off-season seems to imply lack of activity, something that cannot be farther from the truth.

One of the biggest mistakes that people make when bulking up in the off-season is gaining too much bodyweight. I've seen people add 40-50 lbs of pure bodyweight; pounds which later have to be shed in order to display any muscularity (muscle detail). My philosophy for off-season bodybuilding has always been "quality over quantity".

now that we have the jist of the " off-season " i will ask my question, for those who take full advantage of the off-season like my-self, i eat pretty much anything that can fit into my stomach the only food i dont eat is pizza i find it to have 0 nutrtion in it what so ever, but thats not the point, im now a single man again me and my girl split it has nothing to do with me being a little heavier than i normaly am, we were just at crossroads in are life's, now im going out again trying to get laid to tel you the truth, and it seems as though im getting more attention from the oppisit sex than i normally do why is this ? i for one do not find my-self attractive what so ever in the off-season, im always eating something, im constantly sweating, i shave about evry three days yet i have woman calling me all the time and hitting on me, is this becasue i go out more ? eat at resturaunts ect..ect..?? i dont know maybe it is... But it seems like when im ripped,shredded,grainy,veiny,ect..i never ever get hit on, why is that ?? is it becasue they think im out of there leauge ??? trust me im not full of my self, im very humble and i know i dont have the best body out there. is there any one/ girl that can explain this to me....???????
    Obviously, women have different preferences as to how they like their men. Some like them real lean, some like them more bulky. I won't even try to go through a woman's pyschy, but I will give you my experiences.

I've noticed that where you live plays a big part. When I was in Oklahoma last semester for college, the majority of the women found me more attractive when I was in the 15%bf range. When I started cutting, and developed veins throughout my back and chest, they commented on it saying how gross it was. Being in Denver now, they seem to be just the opposite. The leaner I get, the more women hit on me. Why? Not really sure. Could be a Southern vs. Yuppy thing.

Another thing I've noticed is I'm much more social when I'm eating. I absolutely hate dieting, and very few things will bring a smile to my face when I'm hungry. When I'm bulking in the "off season", I'm the happiest SOB alive. Always smiling, and always stuffing my face. People that have known me long enough, have picked up on this. A few girls I dated have told me that they had a crush on me in the past, but were afraid to approach me as I always looked "Mad" (I was dieting then).

And the final observation I have for you is this. Most women are very insecure. They spend a lot of time worrying about fashion, staying skinny, looking good, etc. Many women want a man they can be comfortable with. If you're obsessing about your appearence, like you do when you cut, it intimidates them. The ones that don't have any experience dating a bb, will take that to mean you're going to be critiquing her appearance as well. (More so than just a regular guy, cuz... hell, we all do it.)

Just my 2 cents.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    bump for nark

Pinkvelvet is offline Female Member
    I agree with Miz...but again...coming from a competitive background...I know what is expected off season. Its the same for me steveO....guys seem to be less attracted to me off season...than when I'm dieting. If they can't get over the fact that I gain weight...phuck them!
    Guess thats why I'm single.
    Someone's Little Pumpkie

chest6 is offline Banned
    I agree with this too. Recently I've started getting more attention..I really didnt get any when I was leaner about 6 weeks ago...

Thread Information