Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member

My job is better than yours

I work in my own office (I am a senior loan officer at my branch) inside of my branch which is inside of a big corporate building.

I sit facing a giant window which looks out at the lobby (on the 1st floor), and there is a modeling agency upstairs.

So basically I get to stare at models all day when they walk up to the directory looking for the agency. Definitely makes cold calling a lot more fun!

Anyone else have cool things like this?

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    I uhhh... I have a computer?? lol

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreak101
    I work in my own office (I am a senior loan officer at my branch) inside of my branch which is inside of a big corporate building.

I sit facing a giant window which looks out at the lobby (on the 1st floor), and there is a modeling agency upstairs.

So basically I get to stare at models all day when they walk up to the directory looking for the agency. Definitely makes cold calling a lot more fun!

Anyone else have cool things like this?
    MINE IS WAY BETTER THAN YOURS, IM A PARAMEDIC I WORK 48 HOURS ON 96 HOURS OFF. I HAVE HOT CHICKS ALL DAY LONG ASKING WHATS IT LIKE TO BE FF /PARAMEDIC . ASKING CAN I SEE YOUR HOSE? IS IT HARD TO WORK ALL OF THE BIG EQUIPEMENT .AND I GET A LOT OF FREE TIME.

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    I work with collegiete sports teams, and get to spend 7 of the 15 season games on the road and on espn.

But its not really work, its work study.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    I have 2 offices and I work with a bunch of Pabst Blue Ribbon drinkin, Tobacco chewin', Crazy backwoods redneck hillbilly's.........

Gotta love Kansas!!!!!!!!!

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah your job is definitely better than mine. We only have to girls that work at my place and they are both annoying as hell, i cant stand either of them.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    i have a big window a desk and pictures of my sister with a beard and msutache drawn on in marker on my wall.

People think its me because we're twins

But work wise i work with NHL & CFL and Professional tennis and Marathons on a daily basis.

I work for a big company and do their national sponsorships
    Last edited by Mizfit; 08-31-2006 at 08:39 AM.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    i develop gyroscopes for NASA.

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    I am a friend of God and he has plans for me that far outweight any and every thing that I could ever encounter on this side of the grave.

Beat that.

All your jobs sound pretty cool, especially Anabolic Andre, you lucky SOB.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I work alot from home. So i'm sitting on my leather couch wth my laptop. Watching my plasma tv. Oh and my faince is a model and she pretty much walks around half naked

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    I work alot from home. So i'm sitting on my leather couch wth my laptop. Watching my plasma tv. Oh and my faince is a model and she pretty much walks around half naked

Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    i have a big window a desk and pictures of my sister with a beard and msutache drawn on in marker on my wall.

People think its me because we're twins

But work wise i work with NHL & CFL and Professional tennis and Marathons on a daily basis.

I work for a big company and do their national sponsorships
    Is your twin in Toronto?

I'm a firefighter, when I'm not running calls I'm watching TV, lifting weights, or eating. I work 24 on/48 off

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Is your twin in Toronto?
    Yup she works at our media agency - it's how i found out about my job.

Ok maybe shorts and a tank top isnt half naked. But its all true. Life is good.

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    I'm a firefighter, when I'm not running calls I'm watching TV, lifting weights, or eating. I work 24 on/48 off

How hard is it to get into firefighting? I hear FF's make a decent living too.

Ok maybe shorts and a tank top isnt half naked. But its all true. Life is good.
    I believe ya bro I was just busting balls. Lots of self employed/work from home bro's on this board. Im jealous.

It all depdns on who your trying to get on with. Soem cities only hire once every 5-10 years, a shitload of people on the waiting list. However some places hire every year or two depending on the need for new recruits. Where I live I basically just put in my application at city hall, then went through the hiring process which involved a physical agility test, written exam(it's a basic knowledge deal where they test your short term memory and shit like that.you watch some videos and then they'll stop it and ask you something about what you saw, also a reading part) Then you go through the interview process. I got pretty lucky, I was hired and started the academy within 7 months of turning in my paperwork. Our recruit class was 10 wks, however some places it's 12, some it's 14 wks. Some cities require you to be on EMS first, it's totally different wherever you go. The pay isnt that much to start here, under 30k/year, but the benefits and retirement kick ass. Also, because your only working like 1o days out of the month you can definitely make up for the money w/ p/t someplace else.

AS A FIRE FIGHTER /PARAMEDIC IN MY DEPT. I MAKE 10 % MORE THAN A FIRE FIGHTER I ALSO GET AN ADDITIONAL 5 % BECAUSE I KNOW AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE . THE PAY SCALE IS ALL OVER THE BOARD IN GENERFAL IF YOU WORK FOR A LARGE METROPALITIAN DEPT THE BAY IS BETER. BUT ID DO THIS JOB JOB FOR FREE. PM IF YOU WANT SOMEMORE INFO ON HOW TO GET A JOB.ITS THE BEST JOB INE THE WORLD SO A LOT OF GUYS TRY BUT DONT GIVE UP IF ITS WHAT YOU REALY WANT.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    I am a friend of God and he has plans for me that far outweight any and every thing that I could ever encounter on this side of the grave.

Beat that.
    dude ur boss is a liar..

heheh j/k, each to his own

It all depdns on who your trying to get on with. Soem cities only hire once every 5-10 years, a shitload of people on the waiting list. However some places hire every year or two depending on the need for new recruits. Where I live I basically just put in my application at city hall, then went through the hiring process which involved a physical agility test, written exam(it's a basic knowledge deal where they test your short term memory and shit like that.you watch some videos and then they'll stop it and ask you something about what you saw, also a reading part) Then you go through the interview process. I got pretty lucky, I was hired and started the academy within 7 months of turning in my paperwork. Our recruit class was 10 wks, however some places it's 12, some it's 14 wks. Some cities require you to be on EMS first, it's totally different wherever you go. The pay isnt that much to start here, under 30k/year, but the benefits and retirement kick ass. Also, because your only working like 1o days out of the month you can definitely make up for the money w/ p/t someplace else.
    IN CALIFORINA IN MY AREA AT MIMIN YOUR EMT IS REQURIED MANY ARE LOOKING FOR MEDICS ONLY. 1) WRIIIEN EXAM 2) PHYSICAL CPAT 3)BACKROUND 4) CHIEF INTERVIEW 5) 17 WEEK ACADEMY 6) 1 YEAR AS A PROBATIONAL FIRE FIGHTER. THE BASE PAY NOT INCLUDING EXTRA FOR MEDIC OR LANGUAGE SKILL IS 79,00
    Last edited by cj1capp; 08-31-2006 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cj1capp
    IN CALIFORINA IN MY AREA AT MIMIN YOUR EMT IS REQURIED MANY ARE LOOKING FOR MEDICS ONLY. 1) WRIIIEN EXAM 2) PHYSICAL CPAT 3)BACKROUND 4) CHIEF INTERVIEW 5) 17 WEEK ACADEMY 6) 1 YEAR AS A PROBATIONAL FIRE FIGHTER. THE BASE PAY NOT INCLUDING EXTRA FOR MEDIC OR LANGUAGE SKILL IS 79,00

See, now if I was making that base pay here I'd be living like a king now,hahahhaha. I'm sure the cost of living out there is twice as much though

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I spend most nights standing in night clubs getting hit on by women and fighting with idiots. I cant believe they pay me for that!

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    I spend most nights standing in night clubs getting hit on by women and fighting with idiots. I cant believe they pay me for that!
    lol same here

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    i don't have a job

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crash187ct
    i don't have a job
    Im in the same boat. But i have a job interview tomorrow.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    I fuk other guy's wives all day and have their husbands pay me for the privilege

Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    I fuk other guy's wives all day and have their husbands pay me for the privilege
    OK YOU HAVE THE BEST JOB IN THE WORLD

See, now if I was making that base pay here I'd be living like a king now,hahahhaha. I'm sure the cost of living out there is twice as much though
    YEAH IT SUCKS, A SHITTY LITTLE HOUSE OUT HERE WILL RUN YOU ABOUT 600,000.

Quote Originally Posted by cj1capp
    OK YOU HAVE THE BEST JOB IN THE WORLD
    I guess, the stress of running it (tanning salon) kind of undoes the fun parts. It's kind of like working in a car lot, you "test drive" alot of cars, but someone else actually owns it

I'm thinking the best job would be a fire fighter that owns a tanning salon and works it some on his days offThese chics would eat that up if they found out your other job.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    ff/medic on a rescue truck.........see naked people alot, sometime they aint been dead long. i sub myself out as a medic for my part time at concerts and other events. i retire in about 3 months......will work full time as a medic offshore.......i will miss my job as a firefighter, but not the pay.

breacherup is offline Associate Member
    After many years of doing what my "superiors" told me to do, I am self-employed, I take the jobs that appeal to me. I am currently teaching/training young soldiers, which makes me feel useful. Last year I was paid a lot of money to teach some actors how to look like they know to handle weapons, as I said the money was insane but I felt silly.

I believe ya bro I was just busting balls. Lots of self employed/work from home bro's on this board. Im jealous.
    I was just messing with you. I'm home 50% of the time. Others I'm in meetings or making presentations.

Here's my girl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My job is better than yours-agge2.jpg  

Triple X is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Smak
    I have 2 offices and I work with a bunch of Pabst Blue Ribbon drinkin, Tobacco chewin', Crazy backwoods redneck hillbilly's.........

Gotta love Kansas!!!!!!!!!
    Where at in Kansas?

I am a liquor sales rep for a major distributor. My job is to go around to bars and sell in new products, as well as, set up liquor promotions with them. Nothing beats having a team of hot promo girls and passing out free shots to horny college girls! I get the hook up at all the clubs and all the girls want to know how they can work for me!
    Last edited by Triple X; 08-31-2006 at 02:08 PM.

I was just messing with you. I'm home 50% of the time. Others I'm in meetings or making presentations.

Here's my girl
    Dayum, does she have a twin?

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    just finished night shift getting paid x4 for sitting in pub with workmate(didnt drink though)

Dayum, does she have a twin?
    She does have a sister that looks just like her. But she is in England.

I'm still shocked my short ass is getting her to marry me

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple X
    Where at in Kansas?

I am a liquor sales rep for a major distributor. My job is to go around to bars and sell in new products, as well as, set up liquor promotions with them. Nothing beats having a team of hot promo girls and passing out free shots to horny college girls! I get the hook up at all the clubs and all the girls want to know how they can work for me!
    North Eastern Kansas.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information