coldone is offline Banned

Your education v what you really do

How many of you are currently employed in the field of your college degree or focus of education? If not what did you wind up going into?

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    i fvcking love psychology!!! nlp, anatomy, philosophy, ANYTHING that has to do with the human mind and condition.

i have a few good years left before i get a phd but i plan on being a psychotherapist. i love helping people.

oh and i still work at petsmart, eventually ill be doin an internship though.

UpstateTank is offline Banned
    senior year of college right now...no f-in idea what im gonna do w/ a marketing/information systems degree!

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Going into my junior year.....graduating with a B.S. in business...goal is dentistry (pediatrics).

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    I just started my junior year in college for business managment, currently i manage GNC and my own car detailing business. I'll own a gym one day.

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?

Yo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69
    i fvcking love psychology!!! nlp, anatomy, philosophy, ANYTHING that has to do with the human mind and condition.

i have a few good years left before i get a phd but i plan on being a psychotherapist. i love helping people.

oh and i still work at petsmart, eventually ill be doin an internship though.
    This explains why your theory's are so fvckin good!!

kyjelly is offline Banned
    Getting a major in comp. enginneering. and minor in business.

Thats where the money is at. But its hard getting there.

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Too many degrees.

I paid my way through school while I worked so I had to take classes only two days a week. Took me seven years to graduate undergrad and ended up with four majors (Political Science, African Studies, French, and International Relations). Then I went to Law School.

Now, I own a construction and a real estate company. Go figure.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by STYLE74
    This explains why your theory's are so fvckin good!!
    thanks bro!! maybe one day they'll be published!!!

coldone is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grappler13
    I paid my way through school while I worked so I had to take classes only two days a week. Took me seven years to graduate undergrad and ended up with four majors (Political Science, African Studies, French, and International Relations). Then I went to Law School.

Now, I own a construction and a real estate company. Go figure.
    I went out and got an electrical engieering degree, watched the dot com boom fall apart my sophmore year, and now i'm in construction, where the real money is. But just like school, i'm sitting here wondering if this construction boom is on its way down.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    dont need much education for what i do.....just a strong back and a set of balls.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by captain5214
    dont need much education for what i do.....just a strong back and a set of balls.
    What kind of balls? Soccer, football, baseball?

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a computer science diploma, and I do tech support right now. I hate it though. I found out that I like to use and play on a computer, but don't like having to troubleshoot them.

I also have 1st year automechanics repair, but quit that, because I like installing aftermarket accessories, but don't enjoy doing repairs.
    Why install a CV joint in a POS car, when you could be installing a LSD or lowering kit in a tuner car? Plus I get attached to other peoples cars. I don't want them to leave after I spend time with them.

Currently, I'm working towards a BA with a major in Criminal Justice studies, and a minor in sports theropy. Don't know what I can do with that, but I enjoy taking the courses.
    Last edited by cfiler; 09-02-2006 at 02:29 PM.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    I work in field i studied- studied advertising and i workin in advertising and sponorship

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    I got to year eleven at high school. I am now a Director running the Technical Services Org for Asia and India for a big US Networking company. The onlu usefull thing I learned at school was how to read, write, add, subtract, multiply and divide. And with a calculator I dont even need the last four any more

rake922 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by captain5214
    oh.... you're a paid man whore?

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    I'm not employed and dont have a college degree.

get the hint

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Studied some in Medecin, gastroenterology. BComm,Finance and will go to do MBA or Law school in maybe 2-3 years

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    Never Finished The 8th Grade, Joined The Army At 17 Became A Paramedic And Saw Some High Power Shit, Got My Hs Dipomia At 30 And My A.s In Fire SCIENCE. Got Hired With A Fire Dept At 33 And LoviNg Life.

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    i went to appreticeship to become an Instermentation Mechanic. i went to school for 2 months every year for 4 years and in the other time i worked full time...i worked in the oilfiled calibrating equipment and building refineris, i worked arounf the world and retired at 25...i now do nothing...

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WEBB
    i went to appreticeship to become an Instermentation Mechanic. i went to school for 2 months every year for 4 years and in the other time i worked full time...i worked in the oilfiled calibrating equipment and building refineris, i worked arounf the world and retired at 25...i now do nothing...

stop telling this story i have heard it about 4 times now and makes me really depressed everytime i hear it. just joking im just jelouse

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    sorry amn...he asked, so i had to tell him..i am very lucky, but i busted my ass for 7 years, so everything is fginally coming up WEBB

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?

Nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by WEBB
    Wow that's great webb, sounds very interesting.

ive always had to be the one to pay

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    my third year as a physics undergrad starts tomorrow. If I dont get to work as a scientists in the future I will consider my life as a complete and utter waste.

I could not imagine spending 8 hours a day each day for the rest of my life on something I do not love no matter the salary. Il rather be dead.

So with a little luck and alot of hard work Il have a nice PhD title and a nice office at some research institute or university within 5-10 years.

Thread Information