kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding

How good is Pyle, Lanzar, Legacy, Pyramid car audio?

Ive got the hookup on all of those brands at wholesale prices. Im hooking up a sick ass system for my truck. anyone have any experience with those brands??

T3/T4 GSR is offline Senior Member
    As a professional installer by trade who has dealt with every brand you can think of...these are by far in the list of the top 10 worst. I will make an exception for a few lanzar opti drive amps which were decent at best for the money but nothing I would say is good. For main stream brands you can't go wrong with JL and rockford. A lot of people bag on RF and it is usually internet kids with no actual experiance with rockford products. I am not a huge fan of their subs but their punch series amps are some of the best power to dollar ratio you can get. I lvoe JL and use all JL products in my car but be ready to pay for them.

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kloter1
    Ive got the hookup on all of those brands at wholesale prices. Im hooking up a sick ass system for my truck. anyone have any experience with those brands??

I wouldn't waste money on them. I presonally like to stick with mb quart, alpine, JL(as mentioned) and eclipse.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    no good bro..

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    you get what you pay for... pioneer&alpine here...

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    JL Audio is what its about bro!

Listen to these guys....an eclipse head with some JL comps and subs will sound fantastic and rip. there are other good brands though so don't think I am saying JL is the BEST hands down. Focal, rainbow, quart, and DLS also make wonderful speakers along with a few other companies. However as far as mq quart goes I still say they are a good brand but they haven't impressed me in years.

Smiley619 is offline Member
    i would not buy any of those! if you really love your music, spend a lil dough.you be way more happy with the quality and longevity of your system.

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T3/T4 GSR
    However as far as mq quart goes I still say they are a good brand but they haven't impressed me in years.
    Really? I've never heard anyone say that before. I had a set of Q series in my last car and they were by far the best components i've ever purchased.

frank12391 is offline Member
    Try Blaupunkt Amps and source units, they have an amp out which has a USB socket to plug your Ipod directly!!. With audio quality as good as anything I'v ever heared for a long time systems design tech

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    are yor reffering to a pickup truck??.. i got and f150 and im dying to put a system in it but cant figure out how to set up.. all i can think of is having a custom made box with a 12" sub under the right back seat...any ideas

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Depend what you want, I had 2 JL 12" subs for a while powered by a peice of shit amp, it still sounded good though. Unless you want car show quality, it really dosnt make that much of a difference. Obviously you get what you pay for, but out of those companies you mentioned non are exactly high quality.
    How much are you looked to spend?

You should get
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPINE-SWR-1242D...QQcmdZViewItem
    1 Alpine 12" Type R powered by this amp
    http://cgi.ebay.com/KENWOOD-EXCELON-...QQcmdZViewItem

so for like, $300 you'd have a really nice soundin car. (plus $50 or so for wires)

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    MTX, alpine, kenwood are best IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by audis4
    best yes, cheapest no.

Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    best yes, cheapest no.
    your right but I made my own box with the MTX 9500 series and MTX amp and everything cost me less than $600. Ordered it off ebay.

your right but I made my own box with the MTX 9500 series and MTX amp and everything cost me less than $600. Ordered it off ebay.
    yeah $600 is about right for a decent setup. my peice of shit system started at about, $200 and ended around 750. that was a horror story in a half

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    JL, Soundstream, Punch and MB Quart

mfenske is offline Member
    Many of those brands have the perception of being lower quality, entry level brands. How good they are really depends on your needs and wants. If you are looking for a powerhouse of a Class D subwoofer amplifier you can't go wrong with the Lanzar or Pyle (heck any of the brands) monoblock Class D amps. Keep in mind lots of power requires lots of current, meaning that if the charging system in your car isn't up to snuff you'll likely shorten the life of your battery/alternator and perhaps the amp(s) too. I personally haven't used any of them but I would like to pick up a Lanzar Opti 1400. If price were no object I'd be using names like Nakamichi, Phoenix Gold (old school MS Series stuff), Dynaudio, Focal, and Image Dynamics. As it stands I'm currently rocking gear from Delphi (XM MyFi), Eclipse (the best SQ headunits for decent money), MTX (old school Thunder amps), Boston Acoustics (mids and tweeters), and a single JL Audio subwoofer. Mark

MTX and kenwood...get that shit out of here. Alpine has nice stuff but their headunits are very user unfriendly. I much prefer eclipse heads.

MTX and kenwood...get that shit out of here. Alpine has nice stuff but their headunits are very user unfriendly. I much prefer eclipse heads.
    I think MTX has some of the better speakers

Alpine has nice stuff but their headunits are very user unfriendly. I much prefer eclipse heads.
    +1. Why the MTX hate? Personally I think their newer stuff looks hideous, but their old school products say pre-Y2K (amps especially) were bulletproof. In terms of what an amplifier should do MTX had it perfect in the late 90's. They added gain (volume/power/etc.) to your music and nothing more. mark

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    As far as headunits go you can't go wrong with Pioneer... I've owned 2 pioneer head units within the last six years and have been very happy with them.

Right now I am using a JBL GTO amp to drive 2 10" inifinity subs and it sounds good. very good for the money.

Ideally I'd want a soundstream amp driving two cerwin vegas.. I've heard this setup and it was phenomenal.

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    I Rock two infinity kappa 12.1 power by mtx 1501d sounds good to me i use to have four of them in car

Quote Originally Posted by THE_DOME
    I Rock two infinity kappa 12.1 power by mtx 1501d sounds good to me i use to have four of them in car
    4!!!!?? sweet satan!
    My 1 9500 series rattles my house windows lol.

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    i just got rid of 4 audiobahn 12's and a 1900watt power acoustic amp. it only cost me about 500 bucks.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    thanks for the replies fellas. i have a real nice flip down pioneer head unit and i love it. still havent decided on what im gonna buy. i will probably get a 1200watt lanzar amp though.

Quote Originally Posted by mfenske
    +1. Why the MTX hate? Personally I think their newer stuff looks hideous, but their old school products say pre-Y2K (amps especially) were bulletproof. In terms of what an amplifier should do MTX had it perfect in the late 90's. They added gain (volume/power/etc.) to your music and nothing more. mark
    The hate is because IMO it doesn't matter what you made 10 years ago...it's what you make now.

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    I love Alpine and Infinity...I have a 12inch Alpine Type R powered by the mono 600watt Alpine amp and it pounds in my Grand Cherokee. As far as head units go, I will only buy Pioneer. They are so easy to use and I love them, never had bad luck with them.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    mtx,kenwood,pioneer,alpine,rockford,JL,JBLS,eclips e,jvc is improving in car audio.
    shnieder is not bad for a cheap brand.

The hate is because IMO it doesn't matter what you made 10 years ago...it's what you make now.
    I can't argue with that logic. That being said I think the whole 12 volt industry needs a good pimp-slapping. Less cosmetics more quality audio thanks. It sickens me that companies like Polk, Precision Power, Orion, Lanzar, and Soundstream have been bought out by bigger companies simply for their name and reputation and then proceed to make shite products. Mark

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    Has anyone else here owned a JL Audio Stealthbox? I had one in my 2000 Ford F150 and it was rock solid. I'm thinking about getting one for my Nissan Armada. It's replaces the center console between the 2nd row bucket seats. I like Stealthboxes because they blend perfectly with your vehicle. They only negative: $$$$$$$!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    Has anyone else here owned a JL Audio Stealthbox? I had one in my 2000 Ford F150 and it was rock solid. I'm thinking about getting one for my Nissan Armada. It's replaces the center console between the 2nd row bucket seats. I like Stealthboxes because they blend perfectly with your vehicle. They only negative: $$$$$$$!!!!
    I haven't heard good things about JL audio but who knows.

I haven't heard good things about JL audio but who knows.
    Seriously? Have you used any of their products? I've had a myriad of JL Audio products throughout the years and found them to be very nice. Their stuff isn't necessarily geared towards the hardcore bass-heads or super-tweakers but for most folks their gear is great. If you are looking for a subwoofer to fill out the lowest octaves of your music, while taking up as little usable space as possible while maintaining a stock looking appearance you can't go wrong with a Stealthbox. Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mfenske
    Seriously? Have you used any of their products? I've had a myriad of JL Audio products throughout the years and found them to be very nice. Their stuff isn't necessarily geared towards the hardcore bass-heads or super-tweakers but for most folks their gear is great. If you are looking for a subwoofer to fill out the lowest octaves of your music, while taking up as little usable space as possible while maintaining a stock looking appearance you can't go wrong with a Stealthbox. Mark
    Oh ya, they probly are great, a few people that know quite a bit about their stuff just talked negatively about JL.

Geek Squad member is offline New Member
    Bottom line there are no brands that I see on hear that are actually good or high quality. If you want the best of both worlds subs amps and speakers you can't go wrong with Diamond audio all of their products are gearing towards best frequency response and high power output sound with low power input. Orion HCCA series are also beasty, cerwin Vega Stroker series, even Lanzar Optidrive. What it really boils down to is how your matching your amp specs to speakers and sub specs, a lot of people make the mistake by seeing a maximum wattage on there speakers then matching that maximum wattage with the am 9 time out of ten you are absolutely going to have a shitty sound on top of overhauling your voice coils in your systems speakers which will results in blowing your speakers and possibly blowing a few resisters in your amp. Pay attention to RMS wattage that the amount of power you equipment can hold continuously. And also knowing how to wire your speakers in parallel and series is a big thing when it comes to ohms if you drop your amps ohms lower than the recommendation the amp will protect permanently and will take new resisters and transmitters to operate normal again. If anyone has any questions give me a holler I have been doing this since birth lol car audio install and specs are my life, and I am also a home audio audiophile as well .

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Wtf

The resurrectionist

Thread Information