Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    aadrenaline is offline Banned

i was bored and in my car

so yesturday i was a little bored kinda shity of a day..so went got some cam2 gas for kicks and put it in my mustang cobra...right around the block is a little straight away so i was screwing around with my camera..which i found out doesnt have sound!!!
    but anyway here(the road was a little wet so i was spinning and it lagged me)
    it is a 1/4 stretch DAMN I NEED NEW TIRES...i could've def. got a 12.5@115(this is my track time) if i didnt spin up...enjoy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7LFYZ4OysU

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    mother of holiness!!!! I love those cobras. what do you have done? Post another one with sound if you get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by audis4
    mother of holiness!!!! I love those cobras. what do you have done? Post another one with sound if you get a chance.
    im gonna borrow my friends camera and ill run a real 1/4 and some fun stuff....its a 99 with a 01 crate headers, off road x-pipe, 4.30 gears, mgw short throw, live axel...thats really it for now..she comes off the road in october and the engine is comming out and not sure what im doing either a 5.0 stroker kit or a 5.4 forged iron block...then hopefully by spring id like to have a supercharger done

Quote Originally Posted by aadrenaline
    im gonna borrow my friends camera and ill run a real 1/4 and some fun stuff....its a 99 with a 01 crate headers, off road x-pipe, 4.30 gears, mgw short throw, live axel...thats really it for now..she comes off the road in october and the engine is comming out and not sure what im doing either a 5.0 stroker kit or a 5.4 forged iron block...then hopefully by spring id like to have a supercharger done
    damn bro!! that's tight. I have always wanted a black cobra, '04 SVT w/ stock s/c. That thing will own my car stock....NUTS!!

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    Holy shit.

you never even broke 100mph

Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    Holy shit.

you never even broke 100mph
    yea cause it was a public road..by the time i got to 90 i was out of the 'safe zone' right when i went under that bridge(where the screen gets dark) comes some cross streets and i wasnt dareing enough....but 2 days ago on a brigde comming home from the beach a guy in a nissan 300zx twin turbo messed with me..im like okay w/e i know i can eat one alive...but remember i have 4.30's in my rear my car doesnt move on the highway its all low end..so anyway we screw around and i get him to drop to 40-50mph...i down shift to 2nd my rpms shoot to about 4500 and i rip him apart i mean hes still like 4 car lengths behind me and now im at 140mph and im watching him and all of a suden his front end kicks up and he fvcking FLYSSS passed me had to be going like 160mph and as he passes i can smell the cam2 and and he sprayed me...i was like WHOA WTF and theres shit comming out of his muffler im like that thing was gone..it was fun off the line w/o spray id beat him or it would be close but when he sprayed me and i mean he was gone...

yea cause it was a public road..by the time i got to 90 i was out of the 'safe zone' right when i went under that bridge(where the screen gets dark) comes some cross streets and i wasnt dareing enough....but 2 days ago on a brigde comming home from the beach a guy in a nissan 300zx twin turbo messed with me..im like okay w/e i know i can eat one alive...but remember i have 4.30's in my rear my car doesnt move on the highway its all low end..so anyway we screw around and i get him to drop to 40-50mph...i down shift to 2nd my rpms shoot to about 4500 and i rip him apart i mean hes still like 4 car lengths behind me and now im at 140mph and im watching him and all of a suden his front end kicks up and he fvcking FLYSSS passed me had to be going like 160mph and as he passes i can smell the cam2 and and he sprayed me...i was like WHOA WTF and theres shit comming out of his muffler im like that thing was gone..it was fun off the line w/o spray id beat him or it would be close but when he sprayed me and i mean he was gone...
    ya, some of those guys are nuts! 300zx tt stock are runnin mid to low 5's....I can only imagine modded.

UpstateTank is offline Banned
    ya, some of those guys are nuts! 300zx tt stock are runnin mid to low 5's....I can only imagine modded.
    5's in what? sure as hell aint no 1/4mile

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    i used to own a 95 300zxtt.
    cobras have insane tork off the line, but on the highway when turbos spool, i was usually ahead most of the time when running domestics (i never sprayed just had engine work and after marker twins HKS 2530s).

my baby

Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    i used to own a 95 300zxtt.
    cobras have insane tork off the line, but on the highway when turbos spool, i was usually ahead most of the time when running domestics (i never sprayed just had engine work and after marker twins HKS 2530s).

my baby

uh ya, mid to low 5's 1/4 mile for a stock 300 tt.
    I like your car.

I like your car.
    that is a sweet ass car...but no friggin way they're runnin low 5's stock...NHRA ProStock cars run in the 6's and not to even mention Funny Cars which have in the neighborhood of 6000horsepower and run high 4's...http://www.nhra.com/content/news.asp...15648&zoneid=8

I like your car.
    1/4 running mid to high 13s remaining completely stock. just your average bolt-ons may hit low 13's and with slight increase of boost high 12s, but still a boarder line 13s.

thanks man, she is in good heads and if all goes well i maybe buying her back from the current owner and throw on larger turbos for plain highway pulls.

off the line demestics will always own me since turbos only kick in on high rpm range unless i start spraying to spool them up quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by UpstateTank
    that is a sweet ass car...but no friggin way they're runnin low 5's stock...NHRA ProStock cars run in the 6's and not to even mention Funny Cars which have in the neighborhood of 6000horsepower and run high 4's...http://www.nhra.com/content/news.asp...15648&zoneid=8
    last time i ran my car with full engine build along with HKS2530" turbos i hit mid 11s in 1/4, but most of the time remained in high 11s range. with drag slicks i think i may hit high 10s someday. its a very heavy car all metal (old school) lol

last time i ran my car with full engine build along with HKS2530" turbos i hit mid 11s in 1/4, but most of the time remained in high 11s range. with drag slicks i think i may hit high 10s someday. its a very heavy car all metal (old school) lol
    haha "old school"...I could def see you hittin 10's with that setup and slicks...gotta be careful though once you start hookin thats when shyt starts breakin!

don't mean to hi-jack the thread but here is one more
    i miss her

im on the other end of the spectrum i.e. good ole fashioned muscle cars (camaro to be exact) but i can definitely appreciate a fine automobile when i see one

Beefyman is offline Banned
    i got a lightning n cobra 02s

Quote Originally Posted by Beefyman
    haha it seems like you have the funds...wanna buy me an accel dfi setup for mycar?

haha "old school"...I could def see you hittin 10's with that setup and slicks...gotta be careful though once you start hookin thats when shyt starts breakin!
    i wasn't pushing her to the max since the engine was still in a break in stage and i did not have a big brake kit for stopping power as well therefore most of the time i was just taking it easy, u know.

the only down site of these cars, is that you need to remove at least three parts just to get to the one you need. not ideal for someone who enjoys working on his car since they are extremely labor intensive and not allot of shops service or familiar with them. Had to ship her all the way to Texas to a specialized shop and get a top notch work for my $. outcome was well worth it.

i wasn't pushing her to the max since the engine was still in a break in stage and i did not have a big brake kit for stopping power as well therefore most of the time i was just taking it easy, u know.

the only down site of these cars, is that you need to remove at least three parts just to get to the one you need. not ideal for someone who enjoys working on his car since they are extremely labor intensive and not allot of shops service or familiar with them. Had to ship her all the way to Texas to a specialized shop and get a top notch work for my $. outcome was well worth it.
    dammmn...you really pay for what you get though so you went about it the right way...whenever I'm lookin at doing something to my car I always ask "if you cant afford to do it right the first time can you afford to do it again?"
    for me though, thank god for the small block chevy

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Nice, the 300zx TT is one of the only imports I respect.

Cobra's FTW

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html
    like I said, mid to low 5's. Aint no way its going to possibly hit low 13's stock; try low 14's high 13's. That's one badass car though bro!
    Here's another:
    http://www.eurotuned.com/0-60.htm
    I ran a 13.1 @ 106 mph stock in my vette.

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html
    like I said, mid to low 5's. Aint no way its going to possibly hit low 13's stock; try low 14's high 13's. That's one badass car though bro!
    Here's another:
    http://www.eurotuned.com/0-60.htm
    I ran a 13.1 @ 106 mph stock in my vette.
    waaait did you mean 0-60 for 5's? cause that sounds a lotttttttt better than quarter mile in the 5's

waaait did you mean 0-60 for 5's? cause that sounds a lotttttttt better than quarter mile in the 5's
    LOL!! ya bro.

lmao...i had a feeling thats what you meant!

Thats sick bro! I raced a 03 lightning at the track. He had smaller pulleys, full exhaust, and intake....we were almost dead even

lmao...i had a feeling thats what you meant!
    hahaha no worries bro.

hahaha no worries bro.
    so when are you doin a callaway twin turbo setup for ur vette?

so when are you doin a callaway twin turbo setup for ur vette?
    oh shit, that or the lingenfelter s/c!!!
    http://www.supercars.net/cars/375.html
    fvck me running...look at the '02 vette specs under forum....that things wicked!!! I think it's THE fastest street legal car.

oh shit, that or the lingenfelter s/c!!!
    http://www.supercars.net/cars/375.html
    fvck me running...look at the '02 vette specs under forum....that things wicked!!! I think it's THE fastest street legal car.
    ahhhhhhh i need to hit the damn lottery! I couldnt imagine how hard that thing plants you to the back of the seat

ahhhhhhh i need to hit the damn lottery! I couldnt imagine how hard that thing plants you to the back of the seat
    ya, it would rip a hayabusa a new one.....

thats odd they didnt make cobras in 2002

i ran a 12.6-12.8 1/4 with stickies with my cobra so that 13.9 1/4 is BS
    0-60 in aprox 4.7seconds

the 07 shelbys ive seen run in the 11's and its a heavy ass car...http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6...320165b97a.htm

i ran a 12.6-12.8 1/4 with stickies with my cobra so that 13.9 1/4 is BS
    0-60 in aprox 4.7seconds
    wait, are you talking about what I posted? That 13.9 was for a stock 300zxtt. I know a cobra stock runs mid to high twelves stock like you said...with the stock s/c at least.

That's what I was thinking...they made the GT and v6 model in '02.

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    Cobras are badass.

wait, are you talking about what I posted? That 13.9 was for a stock 300zxtt. I know a cobra stock runs mid to high twelves stock like you said...with the stock s/c at least.
    the 32v 4.6 cobras were made 94+ in 99 they were having issues with power some not putting 320HP to the flywheel. actually some were putting lesser than 275HP to the flywheel so there was a recall on intakes and such(this is why mine has a 2001 engine) in 2000 they didnt make a cobra except the cobra R which made i think it was 385HP naturaly aspired with a 5.4 block..then in 2001 revised the power issue and started to make them again...in 2001 is when they changed the seats and little things..then nothing in 2002 and 2003, 2004 is when they made the terminator style...different bumpers, rocker panels, supercharged 4.6 iron block with forged internals...i know the 99 and 01 have forged cranks and are aluminum blocks so are the 94-98 style...mine is aluminum naturally aspired stock runs like they say 13.5-13.9, but throw some gears, good tires, short throw shifter, muffler, intake you can def. see 12's they guy i bought it off of ran a best of 12.55@110!!! she was dynoed @ 310RWHP...after i rebuild her and throw a procharger kit i should be putting down ruffly 500RWHP and ill be satisfied and should break into 11's

the 32v 4.6 cobras were made 94+ in 99 they were having issues with power some not putting 320HP to the flywheel. actually some were putting lesser than 275HP to the flywheel so there was a recall on intakes and such(this is why mine has a 2001 engine) in 2000 they didnt make a cobra except the cobra R which made i think it was 385HP naturaly aspired with a 5.4 block..then in 2001 revised the power issue and started to make them again...in 2001 is when they changed the seats and little things..then nothing in 2002 and 2003, 2004 is when they made the terminator style...different bumpers, rocker panels, supercharged 4.6 iron block with forged internals...i know the 99 and 01 have forged cranks and are aluminum blocks so are the 94-98 style...mine is aluminum naturally aspired stock runs like they say 13.5-13.9, but throw some gears, good tires, short throw shifter, muffler, intake you can def. see 12's they guy i bought it off of ran a best of 12.55@110!!! she was dynoed @ 310RWHP...after i rebuild her and throw a procharger kit i should be putting down ruffly 500RWHP and ill be satisfied and should break into 11's
    i need to get outta skool and get a bad ass job so i can make my car 500 horse too

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    haha you beat me to it.

I got a "special" edition 02 Cobra lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information