Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED

Victor Martinez - Sad News

Victor Martinez mother passed away this past Tuesday.

He was REALLY messed up for a few days but he still lifted and did cardio. He decided not to return to the Dominican Republic to attend the funeral because he is a couple of weeks out from the Olympia.

I don't know if I would have made the same decision. But he is a pro and competing is his profession. I hope it does not effect his performance at the Olympia. My prays are with him and his family.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Today he is doing a shoot for the road to the Olympia. I can't wait to see him on stage!!!! I'll be cheering for him!!!

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Thats sad news man. I really have to give him credit for training and doing his cardio. Not attending the funeral is his choice, as stated by Carlos he is professional. Arnold didn't attend his fathers either. But my prayers are with him.

Inna-lillahai-wa-inna (when a death message is recived_)

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    he'll regret not attending his mothers funeral for years to come! very selfish IMO.

rockhardman is offline Associate Member
    sorry to hear that, its a sad situation i wouldnt even know wut to do if i was in his shoes, but it also depends how close u are with ur mom, but my praying will be with him and his family!!!

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    I would have been at the funeral

Quote Originally Posted by 305GUY
    he'll regret not attending his mothers funeral for years to come! very selfish IMO.
    Who the hell are you to judge? You don't know his family situation.

Quote Originally Posted by rockhardman
    sorry to hear that, its a sad situation i wouldnt even know wut to do if i was in his shoes, but it also depends how close u are with ur mom
    I'm sure it was a hard decision to make. If he decided to go home he would have had to drop out of the Olympia.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    I would of went to the funeral also...I am really close to my parents and would have to be there...I wish him the best....

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Who the hell are you to judge?
    i'm somebody who undertstands that i have only ONE mother! and i have enough respect and human decency to atleast fly over for atleast 1 day to say my final goodbyes!!

You don't know his family situation.
    true..but as you stated he "was MESSED up over the situation" so it sounds like they were at least semi close. i mean, i give him props to continue training and such, but is 2 days to go to your dead moms funeral to much to ask for...

anyways i should have stated JMO in my previous post!

oh wait I DID

very selfish IMO.
    That's my point! Who the hell are you to judge? You don't know his family situation and have no clue what's involved the last weeks of contest prep for an Olympia. So get off your moral high horse. It was an extremely hard decision for him to make and I have NO RIGHT to judge him for it. I will support him.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by FaizakaFez
    Thats sad news man. I really have to give him credit for training and doing his cardio. Not attending the funeral is his choice, as stated by Carlos he is professional. Arnold didn't attend his fathers either. But my prayers are with him.

Inna-lillahai-wa-inna (when a death message is recived_)
    If you look at the special features on pumping iron you will see him talk about that, he got that line from another guy and used it in the film but he did go see his father. He said he made up alot of stuff in the movie to give it character.

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    no one knows his circumstances, and no one here has the right to judge anyone. there is only ONE that can judge,and we certainly are not that ONE>

I wish him and his family well! A parent is the most difficult to lose!

That's my point! Who the hell are you to judge? You don't know his family situation and have no clue what's involved the last weeks of contest prep an Olympia. So get off your moral high horse. It was an extremely hard decision for him to make and I have NO RIGHT to judge him for it. I will support him.
    WTF is wrong with you!?! i stated MY OPINION... ie If my mother dies NO MATTER WhAT EVER previous problem we had i would be MATURE enough to attend her GOD DAMN FUNERAL!!!! for god sakes shes DEAD and is about to be buried 6 feet underground, and the only reason he is even on this plant is because of HER.. ITS ABOUT RESPEcT!!!!!!! you must have some serious family issues!

WTF is wrong with you!? i stated MY OPINION... ie If my mother dies NO MATTER WhAT EVER previous problem we had i would be MATURE enough to attend her GOD DAMN FUNERAL!!!! for god sakes shes DEAD and is about to be buried 6 feet underground, and the only reason he is even on this plant is because of HER.. ITS ABOUT RESPEcT!!!!!!! you must have some serious family issues!
    You tell em' my mom is donating her body to science when she dies and that will help me deal with that shit when the day comes. Moms is everything Why is everyone attacking him for stating his opininon, he wasn't a dick about it Wtf has been happening lately with everyone bickering and shit lately, it's getting to be like alot of sites I no longer visit. We need more Johans around

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    every situation is different & there really is no right or wrong. perosnally, I would have been there without a doubt, unless I was dead myself. I agree with both carlos & 305guy, it really depends on the situation, but for mom....i woud be there. I hope that victor doesnt regret NOT being there later in life.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAN12B
    no one knows his circumstances, and no one here has the right to judge anyone. there is only ONE that can judge,and we certainly are not that ONE>
    Thanks SMAN.

pepperoni is offline Associate Member
    of course nobody here knows his personal situation, all anyone can do is just state an opinion, which is what 305 did. Nothing wrong with that, maybe it could have been worded better but you can't jump on him for stating an opinion. disagree by all means but you don't have to do it with such hostility.

I wish him and his family all the best, hopefully it wont hinder is Olympia performance.
    Last edited by pepperoni; 09-10-2006 at 11:51 AM.

zipzz is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAN12B

I wish him and his family well! A parent is the most difficult to lose!
    I disagree and that is complete crap. Everyone on this board judges people all the time. Carlos and Sman I think I can find thousands of posts of you guys judging other members. Even if you say something positive like "great calves dude" Isn't that judging somebody's image.

It is human nature to judge people anyways.

Bodybuilding and judging is like peanut butter with jelly.

Carlos you had to make sure you informed everybody that Victor's mother died and I just hope that you had his permission to do that. If one of my friends told random people on a message board that my family members died I would be furious.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    U just got here this month...So you probably don't know much about this board..

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    You tell em' my mom is donating her body to science when she dies and that will help me deal with that shit when the day comes. Moms is everything Why is everyone attacking him for stating his opininon, he wasn't a dick about it Wtf has been happening lately with everyone bickering and shit lately, it's getting to be like alot of sites I no longer visit. We need more Johans around
    That would make this a boring board

I have to say I agree with 305 that I would attend the funeral no matter what. I didnt fully realise my mom was dead before I saw her in the coffin. I think its hard to get the same kind of closure without that.

But Im not judging Vic in anyway. I just hope he wont regret it later on. It would only be selfish if he had other family members that needs his support during this time.

btw everyone chill. This isnt the kind of thread that people should bicker in.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    You tell em', I knew it would be alright when Johan got here Johan gets shlt done with respect and class, not fear. Hell if I ever got banned by Johan, at least I would respect him and just know I did something to deserve it

Sorry guys, just got a little worked up there

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Sorry to hear about that, but its good dedication he has there.

I think its hard to get the same kind of closure without that.
    EXACTLY.. thats pretty much exactly what i was getting it.. No matter what the circumstances may be, you attend the funeral, say your good byes and life goes on... you DONT attend the funeral and you will always have that in the back of your miind..

i agree 10000% i was just stating my opinion and next thing i know im judging someone ?? ... im the first to say "only god can judge me".. and almost got that tatooed on my back.... everyone has opinions and thats it

carlos i still wuv u!

Quote Originally Posted by zipzz
    I disagree and that is complete crap. Everyone on this board judges people all the time. Carlos and Sman I think I can find thousands of posts of you guys judging other members. Even if you say something positive like "great calves dude" Isn't that judging somebody's image.

It is human nature to judge people anyways.

Bodybuilding and judging is like peanut butter with jelly.

Carlos you had to make sure you informed everybody that Victor's mother died and I just hope that you had his permission to do that. If one of my friends told random people on a message board that my family members died I would be furious.

Since you are new, I will try not to trash you too much here.

We make judgements YES, but ONLY when we are asked for our opinions on this board. members come here and ASK for our experience and advice which includes making evaluations on cycles, diets, workouts, and such.

Carlos did NOT start this thread requesting anyone's advice on whether it was right or wrong for Victor to attend or not attend a funeral.
    Victor is well known by many, and a close friend to Carlos therefore he was just letting his friends know that a close friend was dealing with a lose and that is all.

I for one am glad Carlos made the thread as I did not know about this but am certainly touched by the event of Victor losing his mother.

He and his family will be in my prayers!!

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    poor guy....I couldn't imagine losing one of my parents!

Quote Originally Posted by zipzz
    Sman just because you are touched, it doesn't mean Victor wanted you to know that his mom has died. I consider this thread gossip since I didn't hear it from Victor.

Carlos made this public information but then thought 305guy shouldn't judge since he doesn't know Victor's situation. That is ridiculous

Most deaths are a matter of public record since you will find them listed in most newspapers daily. Therefore it is NO secret

Carlos knows victor personally, and got the information first hand, therefore NO GOSSIP

zipzz, why do you feel the need to be so argumentative about this?
    If you dont' have anything supportive to add, please start a seperate thread if you feel the need to flame us.

thanks

spencer is offline i gotta S on ma chest
    aaahhhh, sorry, just beating someone to it you guys are always good for a laugh
    whats one day gonna hurt in his life. to see his mother off for the last time, but he'd rather lift weights or whatever. needs a reality check imo

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Victor Martinez mother passed away this past Tuesday.

He was REALLY messed up for a few days but he still lifted and did cardio. He decided not to return to the Dominican Republic to attend the funeral because he is a couple of weeks out from the Olympia.

I don't know if I would have made the same decision. But he is a pro and competing is his profession. I hope it does not effect his performance at the Olympia. My prays are with him and his family.

Sounds like the story arnold made up in pumping iron.

If its true though, that sucks. That would be hard to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    Sounds like the story arnold made up in pumping iron.
    If its true though, that sucks. That would be hard to continue.
    Does anyone read my posts I just answered that one

carlos I hope you dont mind but I deleted some more posts.

Now Il say this once again. NO BICKERING IN THIS THREAD. Listen or get warned. Drop the bullshit.

Does anyone read my posts I just answered that one

No.

chest6 is offline Banned
    ah man...i hit page 2 to be returned to page one

That is some very sad news. Very surprising he wouldn't attend the funeral..but thats his choice

Is this victor the same one that posts here? Sorry, Ive never heard of a pro "victor martinez".

carlos I hope you dont mind but I deleted some more posts.

Now Il say this once again. NO BICKERING IN THIS THREAD. Listen or get warned. Drop the bullshit.
    Thank you,. I was about to do the same thing. You beat me to it.

No.

You just did (is it just because I add nothing important )

zipzz is offline Junior Member
    Is this victor the same one that posts here? Sorry, Ive never heard of a pro "victor martinez".
    He doesn't post here but we still talk about him

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information