Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member

The Last Galactus Story

This is for comic book fans and people that like a bit of Sci-Fi too I guess.

If you click the link below you will be taken to a site that has 60 pages of The Last Galactus Story by John Byrne. There used to be a site that had all 60 pages on one net page but it's gone now SO if you want to read this you'll have to be patient and click through each one...it's worth it as I think it's some of Byrnes best work. For some reason though he never published the ending. The story is set 100 million years in the future where Galactus and his only remaining herald, Nova, return to a part of space which we know as The Milky Way. But something is wrong as whole galaxies are being moved to an unknown destination and Galactus decides to investigate. For more click the link below..

http://www.geocities.com/lastgalactusstory/pages.html

Spoilers for Byrnes official conclusion below..

The Watcher is the Watcher who first witnessed the birth of Galactus. Driven mad by billions of years of guilt over all the worlds Galactus has consumed over the years and knowing he could have prevented it, The Watcher (who is also the last remaining of his kind) had been attempting to move whole galaxies to a part of space he thought Galactus would never find. Galactus ends up battling the last remaining Watcher, a battle that goes on for hundereds of years. As the battle ensures the Universe is slowly breaking down. In order to stop the Watcher, Galactus consumes the entire Universe including the last remaining Watcher. There is no Big Crunch, just entropy where Galactus and Nova are the only two remaining life forms left in a voidless universe. Galactus suddenly realises what his role and life for billions of years has been about, cracks open his armour and the countless worlds and stars and energy he has consumed since the beginning of time are released from within him which creates the next Big Bang, Galactus perishes but Nova is reborn into the new universe as the next Galactus...and so the cycle begins.

I rate this thread 10/10 for nerdness! But **** I love stuff like this.

BUMP!

At the very least I think Carlos and maybe Johan will read this.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I never saw that. Nice writing!
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

kihop is offline Associate Member
    John Byrne made an appearance when I was in elementary school.
    He did quick marker sketches of any character that were requested by students.
    I remember some kids requesting for him to draw corny things like Dennis the menace and garfield lol.
    I asked him to draw me the punisher and colossus. I still have those drawings to this day

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I never saw that. Nice writing!
    Thanks Carlos, did you read the "online comic"? It takes awhile but worth it. I wonder why this never officially made it to the comic stands? It's interesting that the Silver Surfer is not in this story, nor does he even get a mention.

Quote Originally Posted by kihop
    John Byrne made an appearance when I was in elementary school.
    He did quick marker sketches of any character that were requested by students.
    I remember some kids requesting for him to draw corny things like Dennis the menace and garfield lol.
    I asked him to draw me the punisher and colossus. I still have those drawings to this day
    That's cool Kihop! Crazy cool infact! Those drawings would prolly be worth quite a bit now but I'd never part with anything like that. The Punisher and Collossus, that's awesome!

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg
    Thanks Carlos, did you read the "online comic"? It takes awhile but worth it. I wonder why this never officially made it to the comic stands? It's interesting that the Silver Surfer is not in this story, nor does he even get a mention.
    Nova was his herald for a while. I guess the idea she still was in the future.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Nova was his herald for a while. I guess the idea she still was in the future.
    Apart from Morg she's prolly been his most loyal herald ever. All the others have rebelled against him in some way. This story is classic Byrne, I think the 80's and early to mid 90's were the best years for Marvel. After the Age of Apocalypse storyline I started losing interest in the rest of the Universe outside of The Punishers.

Thread Information