Thread: 9/11 Too Slow?

kyjelly is offline Banned

9/11 Too Slow?

I just got done watching a show. And they had researchers and doctors speaking.

3 guys hijacked the plane, with box cutters. 2 went for the cockpit and the other silt a stewardess's throat and threatened everybody. As soon as people say this happen, they backed in fear and got on their phones calling their loved ones. There was an average of seventy something calls, all with the average of 18 and some odd minutes. Finally, the people decided todo something, and broke into the cockpit in a little less than 6 minutes. on that plane, 2 people knew how to fly planes.

Basically what the docs said was If the passengers wouldve reacted faster, got their shit together, and saddled up as soon as the lady got her throat slit, it is very possible that they wouldve landed somewhere. Wouldve been rough, but highly possible.

They said they spent entirely too much time with the thousands "i love yous", as they wasted away their precious minutes.

Now, Im not sure if I completely buy this, but just thought I would post it. If you saw the lady standing by you get her throat slit, would you cowar back into yr seat and grab yr phone? Or would you react quickly and delibertaly?

I though it was rather interesting.

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    Honestly I always thought that but I can't knock them at all because who knows how anyone would've reacted in a similar situation. The plane that crashed into the field was taken down by 2 (nothing short of "heroic") passengers that saved a lot of lives and sacrificed their own. I'd like to say I would've done the same but who knows. It's much easier to think logic instead of "oh shit" when we're sitting here. Good thread though. Can't wait to see more input.

kyjelly is offline Banned
    Yeah, I ask myself also, what I wouldve done. In all honestly, I probably wouldve sat back wondering wtf is going on. I mean, Im not the guy to just run at a guy with a knife.

But then..who knows....

chest6 is offline Banned
    Who knows what someone woulda done in that situation...I mean its easy to say u'd take them on but who knows.

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    Exactly. Nobody knows....you could snap and beat their ass in a fit of rage or you could just be distraught and never really know what's actually going on.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    5 years ago i might have sit back and hoped they were just lookin for like a ransom like in the movies...but now i would not hesitate to rush him...knowin what they do i wouldnt mind dying for a good reason...shit i've come plenty close to death doin stupid shit..might as well go out doin something couragous..

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I think if it happened next to me where i was sitting i would have did something just as a reaction. If it was 5 isles away who knows and i hope i never find out.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont give a damn who u are .......... u threaten my life, in the air, with nothing but a boxcutter ..... ur gonna have to kill me

but ive also had knives and guns pulled on me ....... so to each their own

Superhuman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33
    i dont give a damn who u are .......... u threaten my life, in the air, with nothing but a boxcutter ..... ur gonna have to kill me

but ive also had knives and guns pulled on me ....... so to each their own
    same here bro (i agree with you completey and I too have had guns/knives pulled on me - and used)! now i don't like how there were only 2 options given in the questions... I do my best not to "REACT" to situations, but instead to think for myself and decide to "ACT" on them. So I would neither sit back cower nor react and make a move. I would decide which of my options is best and do it. In that case it would have been just straight-up beating his ass, then proceeding to stick my thumbs in his eye sockets and using the sockets as grips rip his diry fukkin skull apart into two pieces.

...seriously a box cutter is hardly intimidating. I have no moral obligation to defend the people on the plane at all. is it sad that they died? yes. BUT WTF were they thinking, or were they simply REACTING. Yeah, lets just crash the plane that will work!

I saw in a documetary that the stuardesses actually boiled hot cups of water to splash onto the terrorists! They had that much time and instead of preventing their deaths they simply prepared for it.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I think back then people had not experienced this kind of extreme terrorist suicide bomber attitude. They may have sat back thinking that when the terrorists demands were met they would land and go free as had happened numerous times before. Now we are all aware of what could happen I'm sure people would react faster as the other option is that your going to die anyway.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kyjelly
    I just got done watching a show. And they had researchers and doctors speaking.

3 guys hijacked the plane, with box cutters. 2 went for the cockpit and the other silt a stewardess's throat and threatened everybody. As soon as people say this happen, they backed in fear and got on their phones calling their loved ones. There was an average of seventy something calls, all with the average of 18 and some odd minutes. Finally, the people decided todo something, and broke into the cockpit in a little less than 6 minutes. on that plane, 2 people knew how to fly planes.

Basically what the docs said was If the passengers wouldve reacted faster, got their shit together, and saddled up as soon as the lady got her throat slit, it is very possible that they wouldve landed somewhere. Wouldve been rough, but highly possible.

They said they spent entirely too much time with the thousands "i love yous", as they wasted away their precious minutes.

Now, Im not sure if I completely buy this, but just thought I would post it. If you saw the lady standing by you get her throat slit, would you cowar back into yr seat and grab yr phone? Or would you react quickly and delibertaly?

I though it was rather interesting.
    yeah right what ever, this isnt hollywood this is reality.
    too many of them were fearful for their life, plus terrorist have no mercy they will kill anyone.
    who ever said that is an absolute idiot.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    people act all macho and tuff.
    untill you are in the situation those people were in, please dont even place yourself in their position, like you would do something.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    If I where on a plane and I saw a terrorist step up and the slit the throath of someone next to me I would not do one ****ing thing. I bet I would be in shock and unable to act in any reasonable way.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    I think the world is a different place now and I seriously think people would react differently now, I know for sure I would.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    I would get up and fight them, Ive been stabbed before and got pulled knives on me so I wouldnt be shocked, but a gun......if there was a way I could avoid it and get him, yes.

One time after school there was this huge fight and one of the other guys got up on a car took this huge machete out and said "If anyone comes near us Ill kill em" or something like that.....and everyone was backing off and quickly Im thinking I can do something about it, theyre thinking with fear and backing off like sheep.

I got around the car pulled the guys legs from under him, he fell down on his face dropping his knife one of my friends picked up and I kept hitting that guy and eventually they left.

It only takes one person to get up and do something, and people will follow, they'll follow when theyre afraid and they'll follow when theyre fighting for their lives to.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No one can honestly say what they'd do in that situation. I'd like to think I could do something but like Johan said i'd prolly be in mild shock after seeing someones throat cut infront of me. It's the whole fight or flight sceanario. Maybe it's possible to get it together and do something but who knows and who the **** would want to know?

FLBMWMech is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    If I where on a plane and I saw a terrorist step up and the slit the throath of someone next to me I would not do one ****ing thing. I bet I would be in shock and unable to act in any reasonable way.

So.. Knowing that you're probably going to die-- you'd just sit there thinking "Well, theres something you don't see everyday" ?? Thats whats wrong with our generation-- We're so weak minded that when presented the choice of life or death, we can't even choose. If a handful of men with a sliver of a backbone would have stood up, there would be THOUSANDS of less people dead..... 3 men with box cutters taking over a plane of several hundred... ****ing ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by FLBMWMech
    So.. Knowing that you're probably going to die-- you'd just sit there thinking "Well, theres something you don't see everyday" ?? Thats whats wrong with our generation-- We're so weak minded that when presented the choice of life or death, we can't even choose. If a handful of men with a sliver of a backbone would have stood up, there would be THOUSANDS of less people dead..... 3 men with box cutters taking over a plane of several hundred... ****ing ridiculous.
    I am just beeing realistic, I have never seen murder or violence of that kind so I fully well know I would be chocked about it.
    I suspect 99% of people that have no experience of such(unlike emergency room nurses, police, combat troops ect) would be frozen and not take action. Offcourse we would like to food ourself into beliving we are heroes. But the reality is 99% of us are not heroes.

Its all to easy to sit behind a computer and claim we would be all though, wupp some taliban ass, ride the plane through a cat 5 hurricane, land it with 2 broken engines, no landing gear and get the hot girl at the end.

KhrisiGirl is offline Female Member
    I am just beeing realistic, I have never seen murder or violence of that kind so I fully well know I would be chocked about it.
    I suspect 99% of people that have no experience of such(unlike emergency room nurses, police, combat troops ect) would be frozen and not take action. Offcourse we would like to food ourself into beliving we are heroes. But the reality is 99% of us are not heroes.

Its all to easy to sit behind a computer and claim we would be all though, wupp some taliban ass, ride the plane through a cat 5 hurricane, land it with 2 broken engines, no landing gear and get the hot girl at the end.
    I completely agree with you. We have the hindsight to know that the unimaginable can happen. The passengers on the plane didn't have that luxury. I watched a show and it said one guy on the plane that hit the second tower was on the phone with his father telling him that he was pretty sure that they were going to die. The father responded that terrorist don't do that, they land the plane and request ransom. No one (but the terrorist) could have imagined what happened until it did.
    I don't know what I would do if this happened to me and I hope I never have to find out.
    ~Khrisi~

**When you are not training, someone else is.
    When you compete against them, they will win.**

It is never too late to be what you might have been.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    My heart pumped all the way through watching United 93 on Monday - and I would have fuked them little bastards up... deffinitly. If your gonna die, better die fighting...

FLBMWMech is offline Associate Member

So what makes us so weak and the terrorists so strong? Are you contending that they're the only ones capable of violence? Does not wanting to die, and being 100% willing to fight for one's own survival make you a "hero" ?

Are you so weak that fear of 3 men with box cutters, who are out numbered atleast 50 to 1 would leave you "Frozen" with fear? I'm not "fooling myself into thinking I'm a hero", I'm total positive that given a life or death situation, I'll do anything in my power to make sure that I come out alive.

that is the f-ing truth if I ever Heard of it.
    These guys are willing to take their own lives to perform these acts but our
    p-ssy a-- nation isnt willing to even risk theres to save themselves? WTF

In third world countries behaviour like this is unheard of!!!

Superhuman is offline Banned
    So.. Knowing that you're probably going to die-- you'd just sit there thinking "Well, theres something you don't see everyday" ??
    LMAO!!! Sorry, I don't know why but I found that extremely funny!

You're absolutely right, most people ARE weak now. Weak-minded AND weak-bodied. I can honestly say that I would have taken care of the situation. I have been in MANY situations where people would be in shock but I kept my cool. I mean, COME ON though - they had FVCKIN BOXCUTTERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    LMAO!!! Sorry, I don't know why but I found that extremely funny!

You're absolutely right, most people ARE weak now. Weak-minded AND weak-bodied. I can honestly say that I would have taken care of the situation. I have been in MANY situations where people would be in shock but I kept my cool. I mean, COME ON though - they had FVCKIN BOXCUTTERS!!!

So what makes us so weak and the terrorists so strong? Are you contending that they're the only ones capable of violence? Does not wanting to die, and being 100% willing to fight for one's own survival make you a "hero" ?
    I never said that, that terrorists are "stronger". Im just saying that the avarage joe in todays western society has no relation to violence outside of what he see in action movies so they can not know how they would react.

Are you so weak that fear of 3 men with box cutters, who are out numbered atleast 50 to 1 would leave you "Frozen" with fear? I'm not "fooling myself into thinking I'm a hero", I'm total positive that given a life or death situation, I'll do anything in my power to make sure that I come out alive.
    Well I dont belive anyones word on a situation like this unless they have first hand experience with that kind of thing. People dont behave logicaly in situations like that and all reasoning is thrown out of the window.

Correct, most people nowadays are living happy sheltered lives and are not exposed to violence.

Back then, we used to fight everyday literally, Ive seen alot of the biggest and most feared people who said they wouldnt take shit from anyone....pussy out and run away.....and suprisingly some of the pussies.....put out real good and fought till they dropped, the ones who had heart were usually the ones coming from small families, not rich and wanted to prove themselves or belong and some (like me, were just plain crazy and wanted the rush )

You never whats gonna happen until you're in there and experiencing it 1st hand....

And 2 people who said they wouldve gone up and stopped them?? are you willing to get stabbed? to get slashed?? or possibly die?

I have been stabbed and it's not fun(well just a lil bit ) not as easy as it seems, lay down the Rambo movies.....

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    And 2 people who said they wouldve gone up and stopped them?? are you willing to get stabbed? to get slashed?? or possibly die?

I have been stabbed and it's not fun(well just a lil bit ) not as easy as it seems, lay down the Rambo movies.....

Ive said it before, I'll say it again.

If I'm there, shit is going down. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33
    Ive said it before, I'll say it again.

If I'm there, shit is going down. Simple as that.
    If you really will and are willing to possibly give your life to save lives and kill any fvcker who attempts that shit, then you have my respect.

And I hope if unfortunatly anything like this happens again, its either me or you on that plane to stop them.

You have a PM btw

Thread Information