SpartanStrength is offline Associate Member

Who else has trouble studying?

xxxxx
    Last edited by SpartanStrength; 07-16-2013 at 10:58 PM.

tinyguy2 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xjmoochx
    I'm on my third year of college, and last semester things started to get a little tough. I've always done very well, mostly because i'm a good listener. I know i have to start hittin' the books-- but i can't bring myself to. I can sit at the computer all night just bullshittin, talkin, on forums.. but i wont read a textbook. I only bring this up right now because i have my teachers powerpoint notes open on my comp and i havent been looking at them at all, test 2morro.. give me tips pleasee

smoke less blunts or do some adderal

doctadank is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tinyguy2
    smoke less blunts or do some adderal
    straight up truth there man, ihave 2 tests 2marrow and i just roasted a bleeze and wrote a badass paper.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Im the same. I have to force myself to start studying even though I love the classes. But the thing is, after I have forced myself to get started I can go on all day studying without a problem.

You need to slam your fist into the table and say "now Im going to ****ing study" and do it. No internet, no tv, no nothing. Just do it.

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    do it

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    it all comes down to whether u wanna learn it or not...cause i can sit on the forums and learn about juice, bikes, cars cause i wanna learn about them...school work sucks imo...

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    It's not that hard for me. I either study a few hours a day and get good grades so I land a higher paying job, or i dont study that hard, and i end up being on the bottom all my life.

I believe your problem is the same as mine, your either 110% or 0%, its hard to find a happy medium. So be 110% w/ school, stay off the ****ing internet,

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    i'm having the same problem....thinking about not finishing school if my real estate deal takes off......i mean what's the point if i can still be a millionaire right? i don't like what i'm learning and it takes up alot of time i could be spending on things i love like my trucks and bodybuilding

big L 17 is offline Female Member
    i do i have add so it makes it realy hard for me i have a attenetion spand of a 5th grader

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Concentration, just focus back on whatever you're looking at every time your mind wanders. Train the mind...

Dont go to college just to get the degree, do it to get the discipline, knowledge, and confidence. You dont think you'll use any of it and you forget it as soon as you take the test, but the test on paper is not the same as the test as to wether or not you can pull through and keep on moving. You'd be damn shocked at how many guys have made a fortune and spent 1/4 of their life in prison, no degree. The knowledge baby, the knowledge.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    I believe your problem is the same as mine, your either 110% or 0%, its hard to find a happy medium. So be 110% w/ school, stay off the ****ing internet,
    count me into that category aswell. All or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Dont go to college just to get the degree, do it to get the discipline, knowledge, and confidence. You dont think you'll use any of it and you forget it as soon as you take the test, but the test on paper is not the same as the test as to wether or not you can pull through and keep on moving. You'd be damn shocked at how many guys have made a fortune and spent 1/4 of their life in prison, no degree. The knowledge baby, the knowledge.
    Well said, I dont se the point in anyone getting a degree in a subject they dont realy care for. It just lowers the prestige of educations and is a waste of time.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah there are so many things that bring so much more instant gratification then studying because the results will only show in years. Just remember you goal and focus on your goal one thing at a time. Ask yourself, is what Im doing right now gonna pay me dividends? Is it a good investment? That and take a focusing walk in the park

Its weird cause I like most of my classes, i'm a business major so when i'm learning about real life things (how business works, money, etc) its cool. I just hate to study. i wonder if i have add, but i dont think id be classified with the disorder because i can easily pay attention to something i like. If i dont like what i'm listening to, or not actively participating i zone out easily-- my mind is very active. Reading textbooks about school stuff-- cant bring myself to do it. sign on to forums.steroid .com and read for hours on end-- easy! haha

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xjmoochx
    I'm on my third year of college, and last semester things started to get a little tough. I've always done very well, mostly because i'm a good listener. I know i have to start hittin' the books-- but i can't bring myself to. I can sit at the computer all night just bullshittin, talkin, on forums.. but i wont read a textbook. I only bring this up right now because i have my teachers powerpoint notes open on my comp and i havent been looking at them at all, test 2morro.. give me tips pleasee

dude honest i know where your coming from. this is my third year too but the difference between me and you is I LIKE what im studyn. psychology is intriguing to me, therefore i can barrel through the homework.

now last semester was a nightmare. had to read a 200/300 pg novel EVERY WEEK for World Literature.
    I had a history class which was like another 2 chapters than psych classes which was probaly like 6 chapters total a week (say 30 pg's chapter) thats 180 + 250 pg's week = roughly 430 pgs of reading a week.

i dont care who you are but that shit sucks. how i got through it?
    i look at things in absolutes.
    either im a good student, or i drop the fvck out.
    than i picture myself working a job i hate for the next 40 years and compare that to doing some hmwk for the next 5 or 6 years (phd) and it leaves no question in my mind at all.
    i turn the tv off, shut the comp off, open the book make a cup of tea/coffe and get to work. afterwards i feel good, im increasing the value of myself as a person by filling my empty data banks with information that i can use for the rest of my life.
    just do it ~ Nike

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    man what gets me, is as i am sitting in class i am stareing at the teacher acting like im listening. Im really thinking of my next meal what bodypart i just hit and what i could have done differently.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_DOME
    man what gets me, is as i am sitting in class i am stareing at the teacher acting like im listening. Im really thinking of my next meal what bodypart i just hit and what i could have done differently.
    i kind of do that, i spend my classes trying to keep my head up.. not from falling asleep but from locking eyes on some girls ass. i think if i went to an all boys school id be a genious by now..

rbehniwal is offline Associate Member
    I've been sitting here staring at my textbook for about an hour and I haven't read a single word. I'll probably end up falling asleep like this putting me even more behind schedule. I hate this, I can't get myself to study...but when exams roll around I can read read and read for hours no problem. I get so pissed off at myself because of how lazy I am. Maybe I should worry less about what's going on online and maybe then I can actually get some work done.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I hate studying. It's horrible, and I always have a hard time doing it. U get to easily distracted.

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    THERE ARE SUPPS TO HELP YOU CONCENTRATE , BUT the hardest thing to supplement is the money coming out of your pocket to pay for that degree so make it count man. LiKe BO' said make yourself a cup of coffee and get into the shit it has to get done...so do it. and once you land a "real job" you can bullshit on these forums like most of the people on here who have "real jobs".

Duhhhh its the AMERICAN DREAM. Didnt you get the memo???

Altaballer38 is offline New Member
    I think you just have to sit and force yourself to do it. Once you get started it gets easier. Just Do it.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Im teh same exact way. Just never sit down at the computer...or you're fvcked. Another one..is go to the library. Basically forces you to study

lots of good replies... Bojangles what you wrote was motivating

Thread Information