Anyone In A Union ???

...anyone hate unions??our so called union bosses decided to raise our dues again...its now $40.00 a month.its supposed to go into a strike fund but i know it goes into someones pocket fund.true not alot but over the yrs it adds up.i dont cause any trouble, i just do my job and thats all.it seems like the union can just give themselves a raise when ever they want to..and our union wont even fight to get us paid sick days, vision care and etc..i remember the days when the unions kicked ass and told the compnay how it was gonna be...

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    I was in a union bro.. and i feel what your saying, however we do have paid medical/vacation/vision/prescription/and of course medical.. so i can't complain too much, but as for the raises whenever they want.. yes they can, and they do.

Matt29 is offline New Member
    I'm in a union, and yes, it seems they dont have or"use" their power like they used to. We lost our $2.50 per day extra when working over 10 hours for lunch, and we lost free insurance for the single workers, now they pay $100.00 a month, and so many other things to mention. But our production is up about 30 percent with less workers, and we have fewer getting hurt, and STILL, they cant give a little back for our efforts. I hunt, and was a big NRA guy for a long time, I still compete year round in archery tournaments, but It seems that these republicans dont give a rat's ass about the worker, IMO, and they strive for the big companies. Our rights will be slowly taken from us if we let this shit fly. I'm only 29 years old, but I've seen enough already. And as for unions, i THINK THAT WE NEED TO GET everyone INVOLVED to make them better, because if the company sees that the union and it's members arent on the same page, then it's easy for them to manipulate some people away from the union. I, for one, am guilty as I seldom go to our union meetings anymore. Get what I'm saying? I'd hate to think what the bastards would do to us without a union though. And You are right about the pocketing of money, of course some of it is used on trips, some unneeded, but it's just a fraction of what your company spends on leisure activities that you could be getting in your paycheck or receiving in benefits ie: pension,401k,health insurance, bonuses. Peace

SAME HERE ON MY JOB AS FAR AS..

.not everyone is on the same page and it seems thats what they wanna do is keep everyone diff and yet the dudes who do their job well sees no real benefit in doing a good job...i wonder what would it be like with a union???

Thread Information