SpartanStrength is offline Associate Member

Re-installing windows

I reinstalled windows on my sisters computer cause it was just getting way too slow. After the reinstall, the colors were messed up bad. I go to display, and it wont let me set the color above 4 bit! I dont know how to fix this. Also the computer has a wireless internet card. The internet is not connecting and i dont know how to set it back up!

Damien_III is offline Junior Member
    you have a driver problem. did you get a disk with the computer like a restore disc or something similer.

na i dont think so, i think it just came with the windows reinstall disk

na i dont think so, i think it just came with the windows reinstall disk

Damien_III is offline Junior Member
    is that what you used to reinstall windows? What version of windows is it? Xp? 2000?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    It's because you don't have the correct drivers. You need to either download the drivers from the manf web site or find them on the HD and force windows to use it. Sometimes the auto-find doesn't find the drivers.

outofthebox is offline Associate Member
    its not a driver PROBLEM, its the fact that the drivers are not installed, period....sometimes(notoriously compaq and hp) backup partitions and system restore disks fail to run the custom scripts to actually install the drivers...your best bet is to use a computer connected to the internet and download ALL of the drivers from the manufacturer's site, usually listed under the help and support or downloads section, and burn them to a cd and install them on the computer. if you still have problems or cant figure out wich ones to download and install drop me a PM

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by xjmoochx
    I reinstalled windows on my sisters computer cause it was just getting way too slow. After the reinstall, the colors were messed up bad. I go to display, and it wont let me set the color above 4 bit! I dont know how to fix this. Also the computer has a wireless internet card. The internet is not connecting and i dont know how to set it back up!
    Dude you need the drivers for the video card and the wireless card in the PC to be reinstalled now as well

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by outofthebox
    its not a driver PROBLEM, its the fact that the drivers are not installed, period....sometimes(notoriously compaq and hp) backup partitions and system restore disks fail to run the custom scripts to actually install the drivers...your best bet is to use a computer connected to the internet and download ALL of the drivers from the manufacturer's site, usually listed under the help and support or downloads section, and burn them to a cd and install them on the computer. if you still have problems or cant figure out wich ones to download and install drop me a PM
    You say its not a driver problem but then tell him to download drivers, hmmmm seems to me like that would be a driver problem

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    You say its not a driver problem but then tell him to download drivers, hmmmm seems to me like that would be a driver problem

lol iw as about to make a smart ass comment about the same thing :P

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    cant really have a problem with something that isnt there....logic my friend, something cant be broken if it doesnt exist, so to be a smart ass... if it was a driver PROBLEM i would have told him to REINSTALL the drivers...thanks

cant really have a problem with something that isnt there....logic my friend, something cant be broken if it doesnt exist, so to be a smart ass... if it was a driver PROBLEM i would have told him to REINSTALL the drivers...thanks

well..if ya want to be a smart ass... try to be smart first Lil techie 101 for ya...

drivers are what computers use to bind the hardware so that the software can use it. W/o some sort of driver installed, the computer would not be able to use the graphix card at all. Windows installs generic display drivers on boot. The only way for there to be a problem with no driver at all would be if the guy was using a unix based system in which you have to manually specify and supply the driver which is needed ... and even in gui installs of most modern day unix systems, they have a generic display driver as well.

either way...to the original posters question...all our answers are the same , we are just discussing semantecs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    well..if ya want to be a smart ass... try to be smart first Lil techie 101 for ya...

drivers are what computers use to bind the hardware so that the software can use it. W/o some sort of driver installed, the computer would not be able to use the graphix card at all. Windows installs generic display drivers on boot. The only way for there to be a problem with no driver at all would be if the guy was using a unix based system in which you have to manually specify and supply the driver which is needed ... and even in gui installs of most modern day unix systems, they have a generic display driver as well.

either way...to the original posters question...all our answers are the same , we are just discussing semantecs.
    I knew you would get your turn

I wasn't trying to be mean...just don't like hearing wrong statements. I could be wrong...only been a system administrator for 6 years. *shrug*.

(sarcasm)

Blog Entries
    I wasn't trying to be mean...just don't like hearing wrong statements. I could be wrong...only been a system administrator for 6 years. *shrug*.

(sarcasm)
    6 years , you have me beat. In my last class of Computer Science to get my A.S. I am changing over to netoworking ASAP. I HATE MATH AND SCIENCE !

Everythings all good, i found a driver disk...thanks for the help tho!!

ok, if you wanna go that much farther, you can count on that vesa standard that unix is using and the updated vesa standard that windows is using to create gfx....so if you call a processor run frame buffer a driver, sure, yeah, its a driver...but it contains no acceleration features and in the windows hardware manager it would show up as no device driver installed...or a vesa device, in wich case no device driver was INSTALLED it was using a standard generic 'driver' if you will...

ok, if you wanna go that much farther, you can count on that vesa standard that unix is using and the updated vesa standard that windows is using to create gfx....so if you call a processor run frame buffer a driver, sure, yeah, its a driver...but it contains no acceleration features and in the windows hardware manager it would show up as no device driver installed...or a vesa device, in wich case no device driver was INSTALLED it was using a standard generic 'driver' if you will...

was this supposed to be your retort?

Blog Entries
    Are you still talking

Thread Information