AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb A Reality Check For EVERYONE!!

Saw this elsewhere and felt it was pertinent to some people here.

Enjoy.

-My Recent Thoughts and a reality check
    By Bluehazard

In many ways we're very spoiled nowadays when it comes to quick fix compounds. It wasn't so long ago that the only way you could get a hold of something was from some shady characters at the gym (most of who would think nothing of ripping you off). Information is so much better now as well. To top it off we have boards where members can openly share info back and forth. Unfortunately I'm seeing a trend develop, and most of us (myself included) have from time to time been guilty of making bad decisions.

I've noticed that recently the amount and variety of AAS in a common person's stack is verging on through the roof. I've never been one who likes to tell someone they should or shouldn't use steroids . I know that sometimes when we look in the mirror we hate what we see so much that we want to fix it right away. Don't feel bad, advertising companies world wide have spent billions researching how to beat this message into your head. Just watch any late night fitness infomercial and if you just take some of this or some of that and use this new fangled thingermajiger your problems will be solved almost instantly! Enough people buy these products that it is PROFITABLE to keep these ads on the air. We've been assimilated by marketing.

We're all behind a screen, almost concealed from each other. It's very easy to say we all have perfect diets, work out really hard, etc. The fact of the matter is, is that proper diets and working out WORKS. Unless you're at or extremely near your genetic potential, you can still make progress month to month. Still people seem to have huge problems making the kind of changes that they want to make.

It's so easy and so tempting to come up with a basic stack, than double all the dosages and start adding this that and the other thing to it. How many newbie posts have we all read where, regardless of what they say, you can tell the person has never taken anything before. As their cycle question thread goes longer and longer they go from a basic solid three month cycle, to some crazy stack using everything under the sun over a half year period. How do they look after that cycle? Unfortunately, almost the same.

I mean hey, they may have gained a little bit here or a little bit there, might have even finally got rid of those love handles. Bottom line is, they went through a few fistfuls of vials and outside of water retention and minimum gains they have nothing to show for it. Some of them may have something to show for it, extremely enhanced side effects from taking so many things for so long. Not to mention that PCT is going to be such a bitch that they won't be able to fully recover within the next month or two. Say goodbye to the gains they did make, and then some as their body tries to adjust to it's all-time low output of natural hormones.

Here's the worst part. Many of these people will stop working out off cycle because of the temporary post cycle depression and lack of energy. I take that back, the worst part is they may not have really worked out that much before the cycle either. So what happens next? The person doesn't even wait for themselves to recover, they just hop back on another cycle with even higher dosages. This isn't just the new guys either, it's a good portion of the old guard as well.

Then there are the last minute additions in the middle of a cycle. Some people haven't gained enough mass, so they massively ramp up their dosages, as opposed to eating more food. Some people feel they need to harden up near the end of a bulking cycle. Well, most of what isn't hard is water retention. Only thing that's going to harden up water is concrete. Adding all sorts of different things to the stack won't fix that issue for you. You were bulking, you got bloated and fatty. Adding a new compound for the final four weeks of your cycle isn't going to magically fix that.

It's easy to see one of our advanced members switching around compounds while getting ready for a contest. We see this drug used for this and that drug used for that. We see the big changes in their physique. What we aren't also seeing is how they are getting their meals in like clockwork, doing their cardio, and lifting like freaks in the gym. The harder thing to stomach is that genetics play a bigger role than many people like to admit, and that no matter what you take you will probably never be able to step foot on a pro bodybuilding stage. Truthfully, even with all of the chemicals in the world I'd never be able to look half as good as some of these guys.

So why are we all loading up so heavily on all sorts of things, but everybody on here doesn't look like Ronnie? A reality check is that half of us on here may barely look like we even workout. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't be here, or shouldn't be looking for answers to the problem. It means we need to first look inward for those answers and make an honest assessment of ourselves. It takes a lot of strength and a lot of guts to admit to yourself that your diet and gym ethic basically suck, and that's why you aren't gaining enough muscle, have too much fat, therefore you don't have the body composition you want.

Now that we're at the end of the summer and the sweat shirts and pants are coming back out of the closet, this is the perfect time to make the right changes. Take these first few months to get yourself in line. You're going to be covered up and will have nothing to be self conscious about in public or around friends. Make your training work for you, get in the right types of meals. Get yourself running at 100% BEFORE the winter bulk cycle comes into play. You'll be surprised at how much less assistance you'll need for the cycle, and how much better your gains will be.
    Hell, I'm even going to take my own advice for once.

Stay safe and be strong, bluehazard
    Last edited by AnabolicAndre; 10-24-2006 at 09:11 AM.

big L 17 is offline Female Member
    cliff notes sorry that was way to long to read

sofus99 is offline Associate Member
    Thos words ring very true to many of us. The sad thing is that if we are honest to ourselves, we already know all of this.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Hey you calling me fat?!?!?

good post

Hunter is offline Grateful
    very good post

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big L 17
    cliff notes sorry that was way to long to read
    I fixed it and bolded out some of the more important parts for some of our literate challanged members

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    It takes a lot of strength and a lot of guts to admit to yourself that your diet and gym ethic basically suck

quote above

if people actually got that through their head, alot more people would be successful

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    I can pull myself to say that my diet sucks, I admit... guilty. but my gym ethic is on the money. But thats why I am here everyday my diet gets better and better and eventually it will be completely dialed in. But being college with limited money and resources makes it difficult as hell!

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Great post.

Doesn't apply to me tho.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Great post.

Doesn't apply to me tho.
    Because your better than everyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyone right?

Thread Information