STYLE74 is offline Got Style?

Computer Screen problems

Sometimes when i'm online my screen goes black but the tower stays on. Usually i shut the tower off and start it back up and then everything is fine, but every couple of days it shuts off. Does anyone think that the screen is going bad? If it was the screen wouldn't it just not turn on at all? Some input would be greatly appreciated.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by STYLE74
    Sometimes when i'm online my screen goes black but the tower stays on. Usually i shut the tower off and start it back up and then everything is fine, but every couple of days it shuts off. Does anyone think that the screen is going bad? If it was the screen wouldn't it just not turn on at all? Some input would be greatly appreciated.
    Sounds like the screen is going bad. How do the colors look on it ?

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    hmm... i'm not so sure it's th emonitor. If the turning the tower off and back on fixes it...then it's going to be related to the tower itself not the monitor. (unless it's crAPPLE in which it's all one thing).
    I'm thinking it's gonna be memory or vid card.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I'd first double check your cables. Make sure your monitor cable is tight, aswell as the power cord.

Does the monitor just go off while you are using the computer, or after you leave the computer for afew minutes?

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    DOH... thanks cfiler... i totally forget... try to swap out the power strip your monitor is plugged into. Believe it or not...when it's going out... it does that sometimes :P

Dr.HugeBody is offline New Member
    Does it shut off while you use it?

The colors look fine on it. It usually happens when i'm doing something on it like on here or checking out some website or something, the screen just goes black. I checked all the cables and everything seems to be tight and ok. Thank you all for your replies and help. So you think it could be the surge protector that is causing it?

Fixed! Dell sent someone to change the whole mother board and video card, i'm back in buisness......

Thread Information