stunner5000pt is offline Anabolic Member

Unhappy Broke a plate... im an idiot

todauy i was deadlifting some weight and i dropped the weight on the floor from arund knee level. When i went to change the weight i found that th 25 lb plate BROKE through the middle.

i feel so guilty that i broke something

note that it is a rubber plate. on of those made by hampton

i initially used all ruber becasei t doesnt make too much noise in case you slam it on the floor but the plan backfired

luckily they didnt catch me although a number of people did see it happen

im soo stupid

the line across the plate is where the thing cracked in half!

only hte inner metal ring (the one that goes on the bar) didnt break
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Broke a plate... im an idiot-untitled1.jpg  

roadracer is offline New Member
    If you feel bad about it why not fess up? I know at my gym they wouldn't care so much that it broke, more that someone would just leave it.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I would tell them I bent it in half to test my strength.

i wish i was strong or big enough to pull that off but im not

i dont wanan fess up they may ban me

roadracer is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    I would tell them I bent it in half to test my strength.

shitty

whatever i wont drop it again

or ill use the metal paltes ont eh lifting pad

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    You should tell them what happened. Nothing would piss me off more than to go to train and grab a plate thats broken by some jerk who just left it there. Not callin you a jerk, but I cant stand when people are disrespectful to teh gym. People drag weights (dumbells) into other areas of the gym and then leave them, its bullshit. Why cant people just put the weights back when they are done?

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    You should tell them what happened. Nothing would piss me off more than to go to train and grab a plate thats broken by some jerk who just left it there. Not callin you a jerk, but I cant stand when people are disrespectful to teh gym. People drag weights (dumbells) into other areas of the gym and then leave them, its bullshit. Why cant people just put the weights back when they are done?
    i wouldnt worry the weight fell apart it couldnt be hooked onto anything

NightTrain is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE]You should tell them what happened. Nothing would piss me off more than to go to train and grab a plate thats broken by some jerk who just left it there. Not callin you a jerk, but I cant stand when people are disrespectful to teh gym. People drag weights (dumbells) into other areas of the gym and then leave them, its bullshit. Why cant people just put the weights back when they are done?[/QUOTE]

AMEN, i hate running around the gym looking for DB someone has left over at the decline bench or soething like that.

stunner, you should tell the gym manager, because it would be really shity if someone was bench 550 pounds and that 25 plate fell off one side causeit finally broke all the way through...... just my .02 cents

[QUOTE=NightTrain]
    You should tell them what happened. Nothing would piss me off more than to go to train and grab a plate thats broken by some jerk who just left it there. Not callin you a jerk, but I cant stand when people are disrespectful to teh gym. People drag weights (dumbells) into other areas of the gym and then leave them, its bullshit. Why cant people just put the weights back when they are done?[/QUOTE]

AMEN, i hate running around the gym looking for DB someone has left over at the decline bench or soething like that.

stunner, you should tell the gym manager, because it would be really shity if someone was bench 550 pounds and that 25 plate fell off one side causeit finally broke all the way through...... just my .02 cents
    if anyone would half a mind saw that plate they would se it was broken

i mean it was split in half!!!

the only thing intact wias the inner ring

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by stunner5000pt
    i wouldnt worry the weight fell apart it couldnt be hooked onto anything
    LOL. Alright man well whatever you want. I would tell the manager. But I dont workout at your gym so doesnt matter to me.

next time you go on just point it out to them, say...i think someone broke this

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    all this time i thought it was you leaving those 7lb dumbells all over the place

LBT
    LBT is offline Associate Member
    Is it the rubber casing that has split, or the inside too? (Normally concrete with the plastic/rubber coated ones).

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Fess up...how would you feel if someone got injured using that broken plate? Most of the time, people are pretty understanding if you're honest.

Quote Originally Posted by LBT
    Is it the rubber casing that has split, or the inside too? (Normally concrete with the plastic/rubber coated ones).
    the plate was split in half

turns out the inside is made of rubber too...

BlInDsIdE is offline "ARs Most Dangerous Member"
    well IMO theres only one thing to do. you'll have to first if ur gym has cameras- steal the tapes for them. next do u remember who all was lifting in the gym that day, if u do u know what to do with them (there can be no witnesses). next get a plane ticket to a south american country and a fake passport and 50k cash. u should b aight after that bro.

BlInDsIdE is offline "ARs Most Dangerous Member"
    also if the weight isn't broken all the way u must go back and finish it off!

JohnboyF is offline Banned

That's why i hate working out at my school gym. Since it's free no one has any regard to put anything away. You spend 3 minutes looking for weights between sets! but when ppl pay and there is disclipnary action then its all good.

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    Yo stunner your not stupid man, shit happens. Just tell them you broke it so no one gets hurt and thats that.

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    quick story,

i am not proud of that shit by any means but i broke a huge ass mirror that covered the entire wall at the gym with a barbell by accident. I know my azz if cursed forever and i'm already feeling the effects, but anyways i informed the manager of the incident and they filled out an accident report. it was replaced within a few days and no money out of my pocket either.

let the manager know what the deal is, or go back there the next day and tell them you found a cracked plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    quick story,

i am not proud of that shit by any means but i broke a huge ass mirror that covered the entire wall at the gym with a barbell by accident. I know my azz if cursed forever and i'm already feeling the effects, but anyways i informed the manager of the incident and they filled out an accident report. it was replaced within a few days and no money out of my pocket either.

let the manager know what the deal is, or go back there the next day and tell them you found a cracked plate.
    how did you manage to do that?

LBT
    LBT is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by italianplayboy09
    He was doing standing shoulder presses with 5lb dumbells when his leotard split and the guy next to him laughed so much he dropped the 650lb barbell he was deadlifting and it rolled into the mirror.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    He was doing standing shoulder presses with 5lb dumbells when his leotard split and the guy next to him laughed so much he dropped the 650lb barbell he was deadlifting and it rolled into the mirror.

Sounds reasonable

Mizfit is offline Banned
    whut if someone picked it up not notcing it was broken and it feel on their toes

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    I dont know about you but if I had a plate feel on my toes I probably woudn't use it

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Yes, because if it feel on their toes then it would fell pretty painful. j/k mizfit

Yeah, don't let your misdeed become someone's broken foot. You know, it would be rather karmic if you were to get injured by that same broken plate.

peteroy01 is offline Senior Member
    arent the rubber plates made for being dropped? if so that would be like maxing out the bench bar and it breaking. do u think anybody would btch. dont think so u would be a legend. just tell the dude. nobody will care. if its a chick and u go to confess she will think its cute and ur honest and u could get layed or buy her dinner or something. confess, confess, confessssssssss. if not i heard about this one guy gettin busted by the GBI(Gym Bureau of Investigation ). and those guys dont play

Iron-man is offline Associate Member
    No biggie!!!! Just take them the plate, don't tell them you broke it (if you don't want). It may have a warranty that they can use to get a replacement. Even if not, they may buy a lot of stuff from a supplier that will just give them a replacement to be nice.
    When I was in business, once in a while a "good" customer would come it with a "smoked control board" that they burned up. I would just give them a new one....basically saying I appreciete your level of business, keep buying from me.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    I dont know about you but if I had a plate feel on my toes I probably woudn't use it

you guys always have a good laugh (actually took me a few seconds to get the joke )

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"

oh shlt

this actually happened because they wont let me use the lifting platform - reason - they dont have eniugh of those rubber (the olympic type) plates for me SO STUPID

Quote Originally Posted by italianplayboy09
    i was gonna hit the bent-over Barbell Rows and when finally acquired the BB, placed it vertically resting against the smith machine until i was gonna grab all the plates and move to a more isolated location since the place was extremely crowded.

well, the BB slowly rolled off the smith machine and straight into the mirror which was a plain stupidity and carelessness on my side. i should have just dropped that shit of the floor, but instead i hear something smashing and see dude across from me running for cover with his leotard as "LBT" puts it lol.

on a side note, does anyone know how long it takes for the curse to fade away when you break a mirror, especially the one that covers the entire wall.

ohh shit, were you there too.

Thread Information