dedic8ed1 is offline Banned

How can I tell if this truck I want is a true ford Lightning?

It's all black like it was just painted and the embelems are in the console I don't know the difference between the two,other then seeing lightning on the side.Something seems fishy about it,I checked out the vin but it doesn't say it's lightning how can I find out if it's a true lightning?

Look at the engine. Supercharged then you got yourself a lightning...if not then some basic 150.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Run the VIN number

Logan13 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI
    Run the VIN number
    Exactly,
    I would get the serial # of engine and the VIN. Have a local Ford dealer run those numbers for you. I do this anytime I buy a used vehicle.

Thanks guys,it's a micky alright.The fukin guys thinking I'm just some punk that sees some freshly painted lightning look alike and I'm gonna buy it cause it's got some rims and a loud exhaust,nonsense I wanted to smack'em just for trying to bullshit me what a dik

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    Depends on what year lightning, the newer ones 99-04 have a blower and other goodies like SVT embroided seats different wheels etc.., the older ones back in 95 had a 351ci. and were kinda gay.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck89gt5.0
    Depends on what year lightning, the newer ones 99-04 have a blower and other goodies like SVT embroided seats different wheels etc.., the older ones back in 95 had a 351ci. and were kinda gay.
    it's a 93,I 'm pretty sure it's not a true lightning there's no supercharger,unless they weren't supercharged in 93

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Actually the 93-95 Lightnings were not supercharged. They came with a 240hp 5.8L Windsor V8. It came stock with the GT40 heads and intake manifold.

It only came with a E40D auto tranny. It did have a aluminum driveshaft and 4.10:1 ratio rear gears. 17" wheels, Lightning badging, a custom front air dam, and bucket seats. It also came with a 1" in front and 2.5" in rear drop.

Thread Information