Foskamink is offline Banned

buying motobikes cross + 4wheel x 2

looking for a cross bike and a 4wheeler

i had in mind a honda cr125 or a ktm sx125.

im 18 and my brother is 13, my friend started on a 125 at 13 he was tall and it was hard at first and he wouldnt have got more then 6 months out of a 85, so i plan to share this motobike with my little brother

also we need a 4 wheeler - somthing the other can ride while on the 125, i dont know much about 4 wheelers only a little about cross 2 stroke bikes..

also my mum needs a 4 wheeler, shes like 270 lbs 40 years old, so somthing easy to ride dont care about proformance / speed.

any idea on the 2 4 wheel bikes would be apreciated, and any feedback on whats good 2 stroke 125, but i think KTM are the best and honda are pretty good too

thanks
    foskamink

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    Buy a Banshee, they rip man.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I really love KTM, they are probably my fav.

I had a Suzuki 125cc oil inject 2 stroke bike, that ran forever. I really loved that bike when I rode trails.

this is all i know really, my friend said his honda cr always blow spark plugs ect every couple of weeks ect. he was always getting stuck rideing where it had blown.

my friend that had a suzuki rm was always getting his motobike fixed every 6 months because somthing different would break.

my friend on the yahmaha always had his fream and handle bars and stuff being bent

and i dont remember kawasaki

but i do know KTM SX have more proformance and sport parts then any other bikes specificly for quality and every rider envy them when they first came to australia

MotoXracer is offline Associate Member
    Depends on what kind of riding you are doing. If you were racing, I would say KTMs are nice, but their linkless rear suspension is real hard to get dialed in. Sounds like you just want to ride so I would just say try to find a nice clear yz125. 2 strokes are being phased out so you should be able to find one cheap. I've had kawasaki's, honda's and yamaha's and I can tell you there is reall not much difference between them besides the color. the CR125's for some reason seem to be slower then the others but I couldn't tell with mine. I never raced it but it was plenty fast for trail riding.

Here's some of my bikes i've owned.

2001 cr125 and 2004 crf250

2005 yz250

roadracer is offline New Member
    I'm not sure what you're asking. Any two stroke bike will go through spark plugs and any dirbike is going to require mantnance. KTM makes a great bike. If you're looking for a sport bike too like I saw in the other thread I'd recommend getting a CRF250 and two sets of wheels, that way the bike can be used on road and dirt.

i defeintly want a cbr (sports looking road bike)

also why are 2 strokes being phased out? for racing? or for just general trail rideing? my mate had a xr100 and apparently it was slow as hell and just as heavy compared to any 80/85cc

i think i will go KTM or Honda 125. which ever i find at best price the fastest

Thread Information