****ing pricks at work

I've been pissed off lately about some shit at work, and I'm about to lay it down for everybody next shift. I work as a firefighter, and I'm at an extremely busy station. My meals often get ****ed with due to call volume, so sometimes you have to eat when you get a chance to. Well, we try to eat together for lunch and dinner at the kitchen table, and this is where the problems come into play. Some selfish son of a bitch wants to take 20 minutes getting his lazy ass to the table to eat with the rest of us, or wants to talk too ****ing much to get his plate ready b4 we get interrupted w/ another call, and it ****s my meals up, ALOT lately. Well, sometimes I get so hungry and irritable I just say screw it and start eating. A couple of the guys hate this, they'll start saying shit like "Your an individual, you cant eat w/ the rest of us" or they start going on about how I'm all about myself. It pisses me off to no end. These fat ****s snack on bullshit all day, so they're not as hungry, and could care less if they eat at 5:00 or at 8:00 which is why they look the way they do. I'm not falling into that shit, I've tried to explain to them that eating and nutrition goes along w/ what I do and they dont understand or try to. To me, standing around out in the bay talking while there are guys seated w/ their plates ready to eat, thats the selfish ****er, not me!! I've tried to be really cool about everything so far, I dont want a bad reputation, but it's really getting to the point where I'm ready to say the hell with it, and if they dont like it too ****ing bad. Or when a guy says to you at 4:00am on a fire scene "Why didnt you get me a gatorade when you went and got yours off the supply truck you selfish asshole" and the truck is 10 feet away from them, they're just too busy flapping their jaws to remember to hydrate. It's shit like this lately that is getting to me. I swear next shift if somebody says one fukcing thing about selfishness or me trying to be an individual and not a team player, I'm going to say "To me, eating like you isnt being a team player, it's not givign a **** about something thats part of my lifestyle, and I dont want to hear another God damn word about it!!!"

LBT
    LBT is offline Associate Member
    Sounds like you're gonna have to lay down the law matey.

chest6 is offline Banned
    sounds good to me..sounds justified..

tell him hes the one that is selfish..not you. Eating is a much more important part of your life than it is to them..

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    here is a fix.. and it works for me in so many situations..

dinner is at 6:00... period.. at 6:05 and they are not there it's obvious that thier time is more valuable then your's at least to them.. if they can't be courtious (sp) enough to to me and my efforts to not impose myself on them, then they can eat whenever they want..

seems like there are people there that are being control freaks, and or think the rules don't apply to them..

that's how i see it..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I would express to them that you HAVE to eat on a time schedule and if everyone is not ready to eat at that time, you will anyway. The person holding up everyone's dinner is the selfish one. Not you! Matter of fact, set a new rule. If they're not at the table at dinner time then they don't get to eat!!!
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah man, put your CON down bro.

Like spy said, agree on a time with everyone, explain how eating is important to the lifestyle you live.

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    on a side note:

SS I miss your pissed off stories.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicAndre
    SS I miss your pissed off stories.
    I don't.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    thats pretty cool that yall all eat together...at our station if we cook a group meal, then we sit together but if its a pick up or each man for himself meal, then its eat when and where you want. tell them SS, something like .....i want to be a team player, but when my meals come it important for me to eat on time....or words to that effect....good luck and stay safe......by the way less then 30 days for me!!!!!!!

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by captain5214
    thats pretty cool that yall all eat together...at our station if we cook a group meal, then we sit together but if its a pick up or each man for himself meal, then its eat when and where you want. tell them SS, something like .....i want to be a team player, but when my meals come it important for me to eat on time....or words to that effect....good luck and stay safe......by the way less then 30 days for me!!!!!!!

Congrats bro, will it be tough for you to leave, ya know, will you have trouble following through w/ it?

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member
    Just be passive aggressive.

Put a big bulletin board in the kitchen that has meal times posted. Start eating at meal time. Period. If anyone gives you shit, tell them to be on time.

I woldnt let a bunch of douche bags get you down. They obviously dont care about you if they want you to sacrifice your nutrition on their behalf.

Superhuman is offline Banned
    Remember bro you had a thread about this a while ago... just be patient, you know your time will come soon and you will be in charge and everything will be fine. As for right now, try to work around it. Eat meals with them, but in between meals also do some protein shakes or carry Meal-Replacement bars in your pockets.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    fvck em

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    Fvck them you eat when you wana eat

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I like the sign, posting set meal times. Sounds like a good idea.

Let their food get cold, or burnt because they were not there.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    i turned in all my paper work last week........i am ready to go...the problem i may have is the effect on my ego....i will be capt. charlie no longer.....just charlie.......

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    Stacked you are 100% right, just let them know how you feel and try to fix the problem. It would suck to have to work with these guys all the time and there be annamosity towards each other. If you tell them how you feel and they don't try and correct the problem then fvck it, just do what's right for you then. Good luck!

JP

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I would express to them that you HAVE to eat on a time schedule and if everyone is not ready to eat at that time, you will anyway. The person holding up everyone's dinner is the selfish one. Not you! Matter of fact, set a new rule. If they're not at the table at dinner time then they don't get to eat!!!
    That is the way it should be.

Thread Information