anyone a membership consultant at a gym?

hey guys,

i got a job interview on monday for a membership consultant in a gym chain and its something i relaly want to get to save for my personal triainer qualification.

does anyone else do this job? or does anyone have any pointers on how i could make myself out to be the best? what sort of questions would they ask?

cheers

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Its all about being friendly, outgoing and selling. Just so you know most sales reps at gyms make more then trainers.

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nirish_mark20
    hey guys,

i got a job interview on monday for a membership consultant in a gym chain and its something i relaly want to get to save for my personal triainer qualification.

does anyone else do this job? or does anyone have any pointers on how i could make myself out to be the best? what sort of questions would they ask?

cheers

I'm a manager at a gym.
    Just make sure you be as outgoing and personable as possible. A big part of being one is setting up cross promo's with other businesses, so make sure that you get it across that you are willing to do a lot of work outside of the gym. Other then that it's pretty straight forward with presentable appearance an overall enthusiasm and genuine interest in the fitness industry.

cheers for the help, just really want to nail this job, would love to do! any other sort of questions they would be likely to ask?

Just the basics.
    Long term goals with the company, basic exercise knowledge, prior sales experience, maybe some customer service questions with resolving member problems etc.
    MC's have it easy. It's personal trainers and the fitness staff that get grilled the most and have the longest interview process.

thanks a lot, really appreciate this (and getn ur post count up as well!)

iv got a few questions i would expect, but not sure of how to answer them, such as :

what could you bring to the role?
    what are your weaknesses?
    why do you want to work for *gym name*?

also, u mentioned that id need to expect them to ask abotu long term goals witht he company, i want to be a personal trainer in future, wud that go for or against me by saying that?

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    My advice, find a different job! Get a degree in business and get rich and fuk with fitness as a hobby. Sales reps at gyms are a dime a dozen I managed at ballys for 41/2 years. Great pay but it's a dead end jobthey will move you around whenever they feel like it and fuk with your pay alot.

Ps you will get burned out on pt, it's not how good you are at training but how good you can sell yourself pt doesn't pay shlt

Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    My advice, find a different job! Get a degree in business and get rich and fuk with fitness as a hobby. Sales reps at gyms are a dime a dozen I managed at ballys for 41/2 years. Great pay but it's a dead end jobthey will move you around whenever they feel like it and fuk with your pay alot.
    Couldnt agree more, If you not producing you are going to slower location. Also to make good money it a counts on you hitting your numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    Couldnt agree more, If you not producing you are going to slower location. Also to make good money it a counts on you hitting your numbers.

We think alike (only you still have morals )

sorry it took so long for me to respond i had to go look up the meaning of morals. How dare you insult me like that

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    sorry it took so long for me to respond i had to go look up the meaning of morals. How dare you insult me like that

Quote Originally Posted by goodcents

There is a huge turnover rate of mc's. I definitely agree with that.
    I've never had my pay screwed around with but I have been moved around quite a bit myself as well.

Thread Information