Thread: Please Help

beatango2008 is offline Senior Member

Exclamation Please Help

Does anyone know to to remove fly specks from a car.
    my car has about 600 fly specks on it and I washed it and tried bug and tar but it didnt work. did anyone else have this problem if so how did you get them off?

dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Good ol' elbow grease.....

or...

try some off the shelf bug remover, but it won't work as well as just soap and water with some elbow grease.

thanks.
    I was hoping there would be a faster way lol.
    It would probably take me 2 whole days to get all the specks off if not more. lol this sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by beatango2008
    thanks.
    I was hoping there would be a faster way lol.
    It would probably take me 2 whole days to get all the specks off if not more. lol this sucks.
    Use some laundry detergent. Seriously. Tide works really, really good. Just let it soak for a little bit to soften up all the guts and blood on the hood.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisinturn1
    Use some laundry detergent. Seriously. Tide works really, really good. Just let it soak for a little bit to soften up all the guts and blood on the hood.
    If he cares about his paint thats terrible advice! Go to a department store and get "Turtle wax, tar and bug remover" works all the time, its about 15 bucks I think

thats what I tried using the bug and tar but it still was really hard to get off...I was taking my credit card and putting a cloth over it and scrapping it off...but that takes forever

That's not true. I had a 2006 BMW M3 Competition Edition and the ONLY thing I ever washed it with was Tide. It doesn't leave water spots, and my car was black. Now I have a 2007 Cadillac Escalade that is also black and chrome everywhere and I wash that with Tide also.

thats what I tried using the bug and tar but it still was really hard to get off...I was taking my credit card and putting a cloth over it and scrapping it off...but that takes forever
    Try the Tide. Seriously. I'd be a real asshole to recommend something that would screw up your car. I'd be hated by everyone on here when you come back and say "Thanks Elvis, my car is all fvcked up now."

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    just don't use a scrub sponge, or you'll jack up your pain. I've seen people do it...
    And this thing has a spell-checker on it?... lol

I have all kinds of tricks when running wiring thru a car if anyone needs them. You should see the uses I have for KY Jelly other than what it was intended for. Tampons too. I have other uses for those that just pisses the wife off something awful when it's that time of the month and she's all out because I used them all.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    That's not true. I had a 2006 BMW M3 Competition Edition and the ONLY thing I ever washed it with was Tide. It doesn't leave water spots, and my car was black. Now I have a 2007 Cadillac Escalade that is also black and chrome everywhere and I wash that with Tide also.
    hmmm well if it works thats cool

do you know the trick with the condom? lol

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    not to take over the thread but elvis, how do you like your escalade? my dad has an '07 as well (EXT) thing is quick as hell!!

do you know the trick with the condom? lol
    no. What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by audis4
    not to take over the thread but elvis, how do you like your escalade? my dad has an '07 as well (EXT) thing is quick as hell!!
    It's great, until it starts and eats 8 mpg on the fuel. So, I'm getting rid of it. Mine was the first black 07' off the line. I use to work at GM so I got it as a company demo. When I left, I got them to sell it to me. I got a hell of a deal because not only did I get my employee purchase on it, but I also got 30% off because it was a demo But, I'm the only person who ever drove it. I picked it up at a plant and prepped it myself. It's for sale now soon to be on Ebay. It has every single option including OEM 22's. I had an M3, and I wrecked that thing so I got the Escalade from work while waiting on the insurance to pay up for the M3. As soon as the Escalade is gone, I'm buying a Toyota Prius so I can get to work without stopping daily for gas. I spent 5 hours a day driving to and from work. So, fuel economy actually means something now.

P.S. I have the firmware to "unlock" the catalytics on your dad's ESV to give him over 520 HP without doing anything but a software upgrade. The original Escalade motor is detuned to pass emissions. If you put the original software in it, it's 520 HP.

And I plan on buying an Audi RS4 or the new M3 when it comes out. Haven't decided yet. It'll be a toy so I'm in no hurry.

It's great, until it starts and eats 8 mpg on the fuel. So, I'm getting rid of it. Mine was the first black 07' off the line. I use to work at GM so I got it as a company demo. When I left, I got them to sell it to me. I got a hell of a deal because not only did I get my employee purchase on it, but I also got 30% off because it was a demo But, I'm the only person who ever drove it. I picked it up at a plant and prepped it myself. It's for sale now soon to be on Ebay. It has every single option including OEM 22's. I had an M3, and I wrecked that thing so I got the Escalade from work while waiting on the insurance to pay up for the M3. As soon as the Escalade is gone, I'm buying a Toyota Prius so I can get to work without stopping daily for gas. I spent 5 hours a day driving to and from work. So, fuel economy actually means something now.

P.S. I have the firmware to "unlock" the catalytics on your dad's ESV to give him over 520 HP without doing anything but a software upgrade. The original Escalade motor is detuned to pass emissions. If you put the original software in it, it's 520 HP.
    Holy hell that would be sick!!
    ya, my dad has every option as well. were you running 520hp in yours?

And I plan on buying an Audi RS4 or the new M3 when it comes out. Haven't decided yet. It'll be a toy so I'm in no hurry.
    SICK!! that's what I want as well (RS4).

Yup, I had the factory guys detune for me one day. Makes a HUGE difference. All 4 wheels break loose when you stomp on the gas from a dead stop. But, gas mileage goes down the toilet. I was getting 8-10 MPG with it. It got to the point that I was filling up every day (literally) to go back and forth from work. I live about 50 min. from work, but Atlanta traffic is a killer. So, now I need a cheap good gas mileage hybrid to go to work, and I'll buy a toy later for fun.

SICK!! that's what I want as well (RS4).
    One of my friends as a tuned RS6. Once i drove it, I fell in love. I just bought my M3 and it felt like my M3 was a Neon compared to the RS6. So, I figure get a RS4, a couple thousand in mods, and I'm rippin' and roarin'. Then again, knowing my past with tinkering, I'll probably end up with all kinds of goodies for it. I ended up putting $8K in wheels on my M3 before I totaled it. I had HRE 540 R's on the M3. I was about to add a supercharger and Dinan rear end until I got tboned at an intersection by an old lady on her cell phone in a ML350.

Send me a PM with your email and I'll email you the file. Just have your dad take it to the Cadillac dealer on his next oil change and slip the tech at the dealer $20.00 and tell him to upload the file with the TECH II for you

Send me a PM with your email and I'll email you the file. Just have your dad take it to the Cadillac dealer on his next oil change and slip the tech at the dealer $20.00 and tell him to upload the file with the TECH II for you
    sick dude, will do!
    ya, my good friend has a red RS6 as well!! thing is soooo hot!! he paid a little over 100k and bought his wife a S4 cab.

Thread Information