Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

Grandfather passed away

So those who are waiting on me to answer their PMs, I may not get to it for a little bit - I am having to deal with logistics - it seems dying is a complicated thing.

Anyway, I got to say my goodbyes and received his blessing - he waited for me to make it there and show up for the last time and then I told him he should go on - 4 hrs later, he died.

He was a strong man all of his life, into weightlifting and fitness more than 50-60 years ago - and even throughout his 80s his grip could crush most men's hands. Yet, even greater than his physical strength was the spiritual walk and his love of God and people that he constantly demonstrated even to the very last, as he gasped for air upon his bed at home - only shortly after trying to communicate how much he still loved his wife and love of more than 65 years.

He was, in every sense of the word, a great man among men - whose life made such a difference in so many - in those who knew him and, through his tireless efforts to help others, even in those whom he had never met - and whose presence will be sorely missed by all.

Though he is gone on to his eternal reward, it is now for me to hold the torch he carried and to continue the work which started in him - though his body be dead, his spirit yet lives and his strength and blessing now rest upon me to fulfill my destiny - one that he could have only hoped for and seen from afar off through the eyes of his indomitable faith. Even so, may he rest in peace, being fully assured that I will carry on the fight he began.

To you PaPa

BiosThornton is offline Junior Member
    Sorry to hear that Cycleon. My condolances (sp) to you and yours.

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    I'm very sorry for your loss your grandfather sounded like a very big part of your life.
    Good luck to you.
    Tedmax

Deepest Sympathys

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Im sad to hear of your loss, Your grandfather seemed a positive person and the world he touched will miss him.

If any of us can do anything to ease your troubles a bit, please call on us.

Wimmpy is offline Associate Member
    Sorry for your loss.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Sorry to hear about your loss Cyc.

He sounds like a great man. And im sure you are able to, as you said "carry on the fight".

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member

Unhappy

Bro my heart is with you and your family. Hope all goes well and best wishes

FI

righton is offline Senior Member
    My heart goes out to you bro, he sounded like a great man, husband and teacher.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Like I said before bro you have my prayers.

freakout is offline Associate Member
    Take care. Stay positive. We will be here for you.

Deepest condolences to you and your family.

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    My prayers are with you and your family Cyc. I am truly sorry to hear about your loss.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Sorry about your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear that. He does sound like he was a great part of your life. Stay strong as time heals all wounds.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I'm very sorry. You, your Grandfather, and your family were very lucky to have spent his last moments together. We're all here for you.

NightOp is offline Member
    very sorry to hear about that... we all will be there someday... my grandfather died recently as well.. he too was a legendary man and a wonderful Christian, he fought in both theatres in WWII, and I'm sure we all have lost someone like this, but that is the fact of life, but it is this short life that determines what we do in eternity.

Deepest Sympathys

MAYHEM is offline New Member
    My regrets to you and yours...STAY STRONG

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    You have stated beautifully in your post about the kind of man your grandfather is. I'm sure it is known by him that you hold those same traits and carry his name with pride and dignity.
    My best wishes go to you and your family for the loss of your grandfather and I will extend the celebration of his life.
    Hopes of closure and happier times are what I offer and the line is open for support if needed.

Cali is offline Female Member
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather, Cycleon. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    Cycleon,

Very sorry to hear about your loss brother. By your heartfelt words one can tell he was a special man. I wish the best to you and your family in this difficult time.

j.j. is offline Associate Member
    My best wishes to you and yours, man. I know losing someone is hard and there is really nothing to say to help you deal. But we Love you here brother and your grandfather has gone to a better place. I know this because of my faith and since the age of six i have lost family, fellow marines (family), and friends. And I like to think they will be waiting w/ a cold one for me. So I am sure your grandfather was well recieved. be well my friend.

bronzebeefcake is offline Associate Member
    Aloha and god bless you and your family....

Thread Information