ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member

Bad motorcycle wreck

I got in a bad wreck the other day while driving my cbr. I was passing a car and when I got back into my lane there was a truck headed right for me. Fcker was in my lane, who knows why. I turned left to avoid him and he turns left, I turn right and he turns right. The last thing I remember was heading straight for the grill of the truck. Then I woke up in the hospital.

I can say I was very lucky. I remember thinking right before the impact was that this could be it, lights out. I've got a broken scapula and they've done a couple of operations. I should be ok eventually. I've got some good friends and an awesome girlfriend who've been looking out for me. It's high season in Thailand, maybe time to buy a car.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by ginkobulloba
    I got in a bad wreck the other day while driving my cbr. I was passing a car and when I got back into my lane there was a truck headed right for me. Fcker was in my lane, who knows why. I turned left to avoid him and he turns left, I turn right and he turns right. The last thing I remember was heading straight for the grill of the truck. Then I woke up in the hospital.

I can say I was very lucky. I remember thinking right before the impact was that this could be it, lights out. I've got a broken scapula and they've done a couple of operations. I should be ok eventually. I've got some good friends and an awesome girlfriend who've been looking out for me. It's high season in Thailand, maybe time to buy a car.
    M, you crazy bastard !!! I saw the way you took off the night we had dinner, you almost had a head on then as well if you remember. I hope you are OK man !!!

Yeah, that's right, a tuk-tuk driver was headed right for me. It's just a matter of when, not if you'll get into a wreck out here. I'm lucky man, my buddy who saw the truck and my bike said a Thai dude would've been dead on impact. Saved by the gym.
    Hopefully back to lifting real soon.

Foskamink is offline Banned
    sorry to hear man, its a rough passion or hobby rideing a sports bike, but im definetly going to as soon as i can! great feeling and fun rideing but acidents happen to everyone glad your ok

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    get better soon man

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference

sorry to hear that mate, but am glad your ok, get well soon.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    shit brutha i know that feelin of "dam this is it, im fuct" i got in an accident like 2.5 months ago...completly my fault, i was doin wheelies..went down goin 55mph..i dont know how i didnt brake anything..i rememeber goin down head first and seein the ground move 55mph..brutha hope u get better soon...and im glad u have freinds and ur gf by ur side...there's nothing u need more then them when ur layed out in a hospital bed...

dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Not to go off topic here, and glad your ok, I've been there done that. Anyways, DON'T JUST LET THE INSURANCE COMPANY TOTAL YOUR BIKE! If they are going to total it, buy it back dirt cheap and break it down for race parts. You can get your money back. You could literally get more than you paid for the bike if you do it right by selling off parts to racers for spares.

Let me know if you need help.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    sorry to hear man but really your lucky.one of my best friends and neighbor got a bike about 10 months ago and he had it for about 2 1/2 weeks. He dont remember what happened but they think he got ran offf the road by a car. Now hes 21 and paralized from the waist down for the rest of his life. The hospital said it was the worse spinal break they had ever seen.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Yikes bro, very very glad to hear your ok!! I am planning on my first bike next year, but stories like this really deter me

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    good to hear your not dead....head on collission...it could have easily ended that way ya know? Anyway..i hear thailand driving is crazy ... this cements it

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    At least it wasn't a Suzuki that went down , just another Honda

(j/k) Hope you come back 100 percent.

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    Hey man i hope you get well quick and hope you leave the bikes alone. They are great fun to ride but all it takes is one a$$hole and it's over.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by STYLE74
    Hey man i hope you get well quick and hope you leave the bikes alone. They are great fun to ride but all it takes is one a$$hole and it's over.
    Exactly, get well soon

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Good luck in your recovery.

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Good Luck! You should always enjoy Thailand in bed ...... but not a hospital bed!

Swiggy is offline Associate Member
    ive been away with my friend to dominican republic three times and we always rent scooters, he went to thailand and he said he would never get on a bike or scooter there. he said when ever he went somewhere he never watched the road.

big L 17 is offline Female Member
    i am glad u are ok

SS1476 is offline Senior Member
    From one CBR owner to another
    I wish you the best of luck and
    hope you heal up quickly bro.

Thanks everyone, it's gonna be real hard, but I might have to give up the bikes. Maybe I'll just keep the chopper though. Fck! I love to ride, it's just so dangerous around here. It's been a daily thing, somone nearly taking me out, this time I just ran out of luck.

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    Glad your ok bro. i crashed my ZX6R i t-boned a car... it was horrible.. the fact that my bike was a write off...lol Are you going to but another bike???

Sta11ion is offline Member
    I have been riding for years and I have decided that its it for me. The ducati 999 is gone but I will keep my r6 for the track for a ride here and there. But good luck with the recovery been there a few times and its not nice but at least your here typing and will be walking.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyZX6R
    Glad your ok bro. i crashed my ZX6R i t-boned a car... it was horrible.. the fact that my bike was a write off...lol Are you going to but another bike???
    I've got two more bikes. The insurance from the guy who hit me is paying for the cbr to be fixed. That bike was a gift from my girlfriend, but I won't ride it anymore after this. It's bad luck, that one. It's just so dangerous here, I really should get a car or a truck. The chopper is what I really don't want to let go of. We'll see what happens. Looks like I just sold my bar as of today so changes are definitely going to be happening.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    I've got two more bikes. The insurance from the guy who hit me is paying for the cbr to be fixed. That bike was a gift from my girlfriend, but I won't ride it anymore after this. It's bad luck, that one. It's just so dangerous here, I really should get a car or a truck. The chopper is what I really don't want to let go of. We'll see what happens. Looks like I just sold my bar as of today so changes are definitely going to be happening.
    Dude did that guy buy it ? Thats awesome bro !!

Thread Information