Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jay-Ace is offline Member

Possible banning of Bull Terriers in UK!!

I've been speaking to a close police mate, and with the recent death of yet another young child by the jaws of a bull terrier......

Apparently it has been circulating that there is a definate possibility that the Dangerous Dog Act 1991 could be ammended to include all bull terrier breeds, as well as a few others!!

king6 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Ace
    I've been speaking to a close police mate, and with the recent death of yet another young child by the jaws of a bull terrier......

Apparently it has been circulating that there is a definate possibility that the Dangerous Dog Act 1991 could be ammended to include all bull terrier breeds, as well as a few others!!
    Yeah, lets ban everything that is dangerous. Pretty soon we will just sit in a white padded room, where nothing can hurt us.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I will ****ing die before they take my boy.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001

Let me just say I would also fight this law to the teeth!!

It would not force owners of dogs to have their dogs destroyed, they would be certificated and neutered. The further breeding of any banned dog or possesion of an unlicensed dog would carry a fine of >£500 or >6months prison.

It just means that over the next few years they would gradually disappear, this is what happened with teh current 1991 banning of Dogo Argentino, Fila Brasiliero, Pits & Tosa. My friend has an amazing FIla but he's nearly 17 now!!! Was just a pup when the law was introduced and I think he wont see in 2008.

It will be a very sad day for many if this gets passed!!!

oh well that is less worrying but still awful. Why the hell are bullys getting the blame?? It was a pit that killed a kid yesterday, more importantly a pit owned by an old granny who could not control it and left it on its own with a 5 YEAR OLD KID.
    The owner should be ****ing caned IMO. Stupid dumb bitch has no business owning a dog, especially a powerfull breed like that.
    I have a couple of simple rules about owning a dog.

1. NEVER trust your dog, they are animals, expect the unexpected.
    2. never own a dog that you cannot physically control, If I had too I could su**ue or (perish the thought) kill my dog. I see these stupid little men and women walking around all macho with there "hard" dog, if it went for them or anyone else they are powerless to stop it.

oh well that is less worrying but still awful. Why the hell are bullys getting the blame?? It was a pit that killed a kid yesterday, more importantly a pit owned by an old granny who could not control it and left it on its own with a 5 YEAR OLD KID.
    The owner should be ****ing caned IMO. Stupid dumb bitch has no business owning a dog, especially a powerfull breed like that.
    I have a couple of simple rules about owning a dog.

2. never own a dog that you cannot physically control, If I had too I could su**ue or (perish the thought) kill my dog. I see these stupid little men and women walking around all macho with there "hard" dog, if it went for them or anyone else they are powerless to stop it.

Pit bull cross, believed to be a pit/staffy.

The granny is facing life imprisonment!!!!

You;re spot on with rules of ownership, our dog is a BIG boy and soft as sh1t. But I'd still never leave him alone with a littl'un!!

NightTrain is offline Senior Member
    i hate to hear this about the bullies in the UK, they are cool ass dogs... well i hate to hear it about any animal, people need to be heald accountable for thier pets actions.....

king6 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain
    i hate to hear this about the bullies in the UK, they are cool ass dogs... well i hate to hear it about any animal, people need to be heald accountable for thier pets actions.....
    There are no bad dogs, just bad owners.

i think people with the more aggressively natured / breed of dogs should be audited and a should require a license.

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    hey theres no way to prove its a bull terrier cuz remember they arent pure bread dogs lol

nickm748 is offline Associate Member
    I love bull terriers, I knew that they where agressive but for some reason I thought they were a little less mean then pits and rots

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Ahh Shit. I think it is time for Cesar Milan "The Dog Whisperer" to come to the UK for some jedi dog training.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Pit bull cross, believed to be a pit/staffy.

The granny is facing life imprisonment!!!!

You;re spot on with rules of ownership, our dog is a BIG boy and soft as sh1t. But I'd still never leave him alone with a littl'un!!
    Good. She shouldn't have had the dog in the first place, or left it alone with the child.

chest6 is offline Banned

Thats only with certain breeds I think. I would trust my 2 golden retrievers with anyone at anytime under any condition. One of the sweetest breed of dogs there is.

Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    Ahh Shit. I think it is time for Cesar Milan "The Dog Whisperer" to come to the UK for some jedi dog training.
    LMAO

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Require people to get a lisence to be able to own ANY dog.
    I hate to se all stupid ****s running around with dogs that they dont know how to take care of. Especialy the old alcoholic bums that walk around kicking there dogs.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    I like my dog more then 99.9% of the people, I know. Its not a dog a fault they end up with a incompetent order. I own a bully and a german short hair. I agree PB, they would have to come through me to ever touch either of my dogs

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont know if banning them is the best idea...but i think manditory dog training when buying a potentially deadly animal would be a good idea...people are obviously showing a collective lack of responsibility with kids getting killed/people getting mangled left and right.

Foskamink is offline Banned
    if they come for it! its got a home in france.

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Thats only with certain breeds I think. I would trust my 2 golden retrievers with anyone at anytime under any condition. One of the sweetest breed of dogs there is.

LMAO
    by nature golden retreiver is just as vicious as any other dog. they have the protential to be killers. without great training and family interaction those dogs can turn out just like half the crazy pit bulls. be in disbeleif but do some research, ur lucky if ur dogs like that! i know most people do have the sweetest GR but without a good owner they are worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Haro3
    hey theres no way to prove its a bull terrier cuz remember they arent pure bread dogs lol

Quote Originally Posted by Foskamink
    if they come for it! its got a home in france.
    Thx buddy, i wouldn't want you turning him into a postwhore though LOL...

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    here in louisiana, your home owners insurance wont cover you if you got a pit bull. to me its in how you raise and treat your dog, you cant expect a dog to be nice if all he knows is life on the end of a chain......

muscles1981 is offline Junior Member

well said beast

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by captain5214
    here in louisiana, your home owners insurance wont cover you if you got a pit bull. to me its in how you raise and treat your dog, you cant expect a dog to be nice if all he knows is life on the end of a chain......
    exactly!

although my cousin is a vet and i was talking to her about pits/bull terriers etc cuz i want one or the other. and i said that i didnt feel that pits are mean unless trained/treated badly that causes them to act that way. but she was telling me that pits/rots etc actually have been proven to have a chemical problem that at any time can release and cause them to "snap" and just turn on anyone. she said it can be the nicest dog and just go crazy cause of chemical problems in their brain.....something to consider

Quote Originally Posted by Foskamink
    by nature golden retreiver is just as vicious as any other dog. they have the protential to be killers. without great training and family interaction those dogs can turn out just like half the crazy pit bulls. be in disbeleif but do some research, ur lucky if ur dogs like that! i know most people do have the sweetest GR but without a good owner they are worse!

That is 100% correct, any animal has a killer instinct built into their genes. Just because a Labrador looks cuddly, cute and IS cuddly, cute 99.99999% of the time doesn't mean it can't or won't turn!!

Alpha-male dominence and proper training is the only proper way to train a dog and keep it under control!!

Quote Originally Posted by Haro3

Yes they proved it's origins with a post-mortem. But on the pure bred!!

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    the dog was owned by the girls uncle,( thats what i heard on the news yesterday) and it had already attacked to people previously.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    I know this will make me unpopular but I would support the ban. I know its shitty for those of you who already have these breeds and are attached to them but you have to think of the greater good.
    I always hear owners of bull terrier breeds talking about how great they are but how come whenever this sort of atrocity happens it is always one of these breeds?

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    I know this will make me unpopular but I would support the ban. I know its shitty for those of you who already have these breeds and are attached to them but you have to think of the greater good.
    I always hear owners of bull terrier breeds talking about how great they are but how come whenever this sort of atrocity happens it is always one of these breeds?
    wot about the two rottys that killed a baby afew months ago in england and all the german shepards ,dobermans,mastiffs wot savage people all the time even little jack russells and yorkshire terriers bite people all the time any dog can attack no matter how big or small or however little and cute. pittballs are dangerous yes, how many staffs / bullys have killed people ? all dogs can be dangerous but with training and a good owner they will be the idea pet.All dogs can attack from a yorkshire terrier to a bull mastiff and its the owners who should be banned you cant just ban these breeds as most belong to loving familys and wouldnt attack they get bad names from dickheads who train there dogs by beating and teaseing them

statistically speaking most dog attacks are done by collies and labs. Probably as they are very popular breeds. However the news never tells us about these as it is not deemed an exciting news story. They prefer to focus on the "devil dog" terriers as it sells newspapers.

statistically speaking most dog attacks are done by collies and labs. Probably as they are very popular breeds. However the news never tells us about these as it is not deemed an exciting news story. They prefer to focus on the "devil dog" terriers as it sells newspapers.
    I must confess that I have not seen these statistics, out of interest how many of these collie/lab attacks are fatal?

I must confess that I have not seen these statistics, out of interest how many of these collie/lab attacks are fatal?
    how many fatal attacks by terrier dogs (staffs/english)

Actually I've reconsidered my position, fuck the "nanny state", who are they to tell us what to do? - I'm getting a crocodile and a panther.

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    simply retarded........how can a government think they can ban breeds of dogs? absurd and against the US's constitution i would think.....i'll never get rid of my rotts because people think they're dangerous

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Actually I've reconsidered my position, fuck the "nanny state", who are they to tell us what to do? - I'm getting a crocodile and a panther.
    we have 2 reticulated pythons that could kill most humans.....that good?

here here im getting a fu*king gorrilla , no ones going to tell me what to keep and what not to i no my bully terriers not dangerous neither was my staffy so fu*k them all why should we be told what animals we can and cant keep due to afew idoits who miss treat there animals and train them to be violent and think there hard bunch of and give all other dogs bad names

NightTrain is offline Senior Member
    Thx buddy, i wouldn't want you turning him into a postwhore though LOL...
    BAAAAAHHHHHHHHHAHAHAA now that was fvcking funny.... roflmao...
    Last edited by NightTrain; 01-03-2007 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55
    simply retarded........how can a government think they can ban breeds of dogs? absurd and against the US's constitution i would think.....i'll never get rid of my rotts because people think they're dangerous

Because it's public safety.

Saying that is like saying that the ban of fully automatic weapons is against the constitution!!

Whatever is deemed to be a public health/safety risk will always be banned/illegal in any civilised country. It's what seperates our countries from 3rd world countries!!

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    It's all rediculous..
    Pitbulls are banned in many towns in Missouri...
    Mine being one..So I just keep mine in the house and fenced in backyard..
    And I don't walk her in town..

chest6 is offline Banned
    crocodile and a panther

Because it's public safety.

Saying that is like saying that the ban of fully automatic weapons is against the constitution!!

Whatever is deemed to be a public health/safety risk will always be banned/illegal in any civilised country. It's what seperates our countries from 3rd world countries!!
    Exactly!

Try telling the parents of the many children killed or disfigured by these types of dogs that its unfair to ban them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information