305GUY is offline Anabolic Member

OH KNOW IT FINALLY HAPPENED!! tech guys plz read

i have a samsung 56" DLP 1080i that i bought in june.. i love the freaking thing. but now i think my lamp blew already.. it wont turn on and three lights are blinking on the bottom.. 1 red (stanby) 2 green(timer and LAMP)

this actually happened about a month ago and it fixed itself when i unplugged it from the wall for a minute or so... what do i do now.. call the warranty people who take 10 years or is there some sort of trick anyone knows.. thanks in advance.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    do you have a warranty through the store you bought it from or just the manufacturer? call them up and see what they can do for you. otherwise your prolly lookin at like $250ish to replace it

I have a five year warranty with 2 bulb replacements but i hear from others it takes weeks to get!!!! WHAT ABOUT THE PLAYOFFS!!!! is there no quick fix or something... its currently unplugged..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Samsung-Replacem...QQcmdZViewItem

look into something like this through ebay. find it online cheap as you can somewhere. buy it but still have the other one replaced. when you recieve the one from the warranty sell it on ebay so you can break even. that would be the quickest fix i could think of.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    ya the lamp is not cheep. Mine was $300.

Quote Originally Posted by anaBROLIC
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Samsung-Replacem...QQcmdZViewItem

look into something like this through ebay. find it online cheap as you can somewhere. buy it but still have the other one replaced. when you recieve the one from the warranty sell it on ebay so you can break even. that would be the quickest fix i could think of.
    thanks bro.. i'll call the company on monday and see what they have to say.

WILL NEVER BUY DLP EVER Again!! lcd all the whey! I I MEAN COME ON THE LAMP DIDNT EVEN MAKE IT TO A YEAR!! F*CK THAT!

Spyder is offline Member
    LCD all the way baby

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I've had good luck with DLP. The lamps are supposed to last awhile. You muct have just bought a lemon.

Quote Originally Posted by cfiler
    I've had good luck with DLP. The lamps are supposed to last awhile. You muct have just bought a lemon.
    ya i agree

Quote Originally Posted by cfiler
    no im just one of those guys who leaves all the lights on, including the tv even if im not even watching it.. i even just leave the house with evrything on in many situations.. i sure learned my lesson..

BUT, thank god i have a epson dvd projector with rca and s video connections so i can still do all the fun stuff (just not hd BUt picture size is huge).. this is the lamp i was most worried about breaking *crosses fingers*

Thread Information