NightTrain is offline Senior Member

any computer gurus on here????

help.....

ok this is my problem, the other day i had to bring a file from work home, so i loaded the file from my work computer onto my flash drive.... brought said flash drive home stuck it in PC and blam gave the PC a virus..... So, i take PC to computer Doctor and they remove virus, or so i gather... well here is the problem now i cant access alot of stuff on the internet... ie my yahoo account i can enter site log on open inbox read mail in inbox but when i open mail there is nothing there...... also when im on any web site and it has some link or button to go do something it wont let me click on it... it clicks but nothing happens........

now if i had my way i would dump thehard drive and re install everything new, but this is my buddies computer and im house sitting for him, i have talked to him and to9ld him what happened and he was like ok no big deal, but it bothers me... was wondering if any of ya'll have any ideas as to why this is doing what it is doing???????????

ok hope i didnt bable too much. thanks in advance for the help....'Train

rafael is offline Associate Member
    what kind of "computer doctor" did u go see? a real person..if so..maybe he/she installed a firewall which isnt configured corectly?

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    if ur mate is cool wif it then chances are that he knows he to fix it so id leave it. other wise, do a searcj in the computer forum and you wil get answers cos i cant be arsed right now.lol

NightTrain is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    if ur mate is cool wif it then chances are that he knows he to fix it so id leave it. other wise, do a searcj in the computer forum and you wil get answers cos i cant be arsed right now.lol
    yeah he is cool about it, so i guess i will just leave it.... i will be in my new apartment on thrusday and i have internet there.... oh well, just checking

and raphel i took it to a local shop here in texas and they did the work, they said it was a really nasty virus and kicked thier asses for a while....lol

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    If there isn't a firewall. The pc doctor might have removed a virus that was embedded in explorer and removed some critical files in doing so. Update ie to ie 7 and it should over write any needed files. Or you can go with firefox like alot of people like to use, but if you aren't that familar w/ pc's...go with upgrade to ie 7.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain
    yeah he is cool about it, so i guess i will just leave it.... i will be in my new apartment on thrusday and i have internet there.... oh well, just checking

and raphel i took it to a local shop here in texas and they did the work, they said it was a really nasty virus and kicked thier asses for a while....lol

lol stumping lil A+ certified computer folk aint hard :P

ilbe A+ end of month

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    ilbe A+ end of month

bs, you'll fail the first time.

lol... says who... i been a+ since 97ish...it's easy... it's only aboutcomputers... not like there is alot of information about the hardware that you can really know about unless you get into the engineering of it.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    carlos is proably one of the more knowledgeable guys on here.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    lol... says who... i been a+ since 97ish...it's easy... it's only aboutcomputers... not like there is alot of information about the hardware that you can really know about unless you get into the engineering of it.

Did you see the changes they made to the A+ for 2006? What a ****ing joke..they have like 4-5 different levels now of A+ (IE: A+ Help Desk, A+ Desktop bla bla bla)

Bunch of horseshit.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Did you see the changes they made to the A+ for 2006? What a ****ing joke..they have like 4-5 different levels now of A+ (IE: A+ Help Desk, A+ Desktop bla bla bla)

Bunch of horseshit.

hahha... are they trying to make it a multi test cert like microsoft and cisco :P

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja

Bunch of horseshit.
    yeay the first part is the main part which i think is mainly hardware / sotfware and the next part can be a choice of 3 depending wat area u want to work in.

To become A+ certified u need the 1st part and one of the available 3

Thread Information