Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member

Computer problem

I contsantly get programs that wont respond, and it attempts to send error reports. Also when i minimise n maximise the screen it does it in slow stages.

Iam knowledgeble about computers and think this may be down to lack of RAM. I just wanted some input off sum other users

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    could be a ton of different things. Could be harddrive, could be memory, could be processor. Might just be a corrupted install of OS or a virus. Or maybe a virus program "cleaned" a few dll's that were needed.

For starters... defrag your hard drive. Also load another profile on your computer since alot of adware attacks profile and not entire systems.

its a fairly new computer so im guesin most of them things wont be problem. il try loadin another profile though.

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    What's the specs on your puter?...i.e. OS, volume of hard drive, RAM, processor, speed, ect...

If the puter is new, I'm thinking it may be a RAM issue...you may want/need to upgrade or you can create additional space for virtual memory on your hard drive.

However, with you saying it is a fairly new puter, I'm not sure why it would be causing this problem. Most puters today, in their factory-shipped state, are very capable of handling the tasks that you say are being problematic. So it may be another issue.

K.Biz is offline Banned
    usually the slowing of a new computer less then half a year old, is do to hardware malfuction. either ram yes, or MOBO's. not to often will a processor burn out. Motherboards are what take the heat, they work the hardest and even on a new computer MOBO's are known to go. ecspecially on Dells.

specs are :

e-machine
    512mb RAM
    2.5 GHz Intel Celeron M
    Window XP Home

beuleux is offline Banned
    Could be anything...
    Run task manager and see if anythings hogging memory AOL is a bitch for that.
    Could possibly be a virus/trojan running do a scan
    If you have a file sharing system running (emule/winmx/bearshare etc) that will do it too
    Check how many progs are loading at start up and remove all the un-ness ones from startup
    make sure you have the latest updates from ms

K.Biz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    specs are :

e-machine
    512mb RAM
    2.5 GHz Intel Celeron M
    Window XP Home
    upgrade that ram. 512 is not what u want these days. bring it up to a gig, and next time u buy a computer, dont buy an E-machines.

haha no but seriously e-machines are not the best computer. but i have to admit they are cheap as hell, which is always nice. but they are made from second hand parts, i just hope you got a good warranty

Quote Originally Posted by K.Biz
    upgrade that ram. 512 is not what u want these days. bring it up to a gig, and next time u buy a computer, dont buy an E-machines.

haha no but seriously e-machines are not the best computer. but i have to admit they are cheap as hell, which is always nice. but they are made from second hand parts, i just hope you got a good warranty
    yeah. i only got it cos i needed it 4 college work over the net, and can upgrade myself later.

is that true bout emachines bin made from 2nd hand parts??? if so isnt that not false advertising ?

K.Biz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    yeah. i only got it cos i needed it 4 college work over the net, and can upgrade myself later.

is that true bout emachines bin made from 2nd hand parts??? if so isnt that not false advertising ?
    nope not if they refurbish them, themselves. its a scam, a lot of computer companys do it. compaq, and now HP since they merged. Dell is also known to do it in thier laptops. lots of big lawsuits over this in the last couple of years. I have been building and working with computers and in the computer buisness for over 4 years and its a pretty big scam of a buissness when u get deep into it. what i reccomend for people when they buy computers is either have one built for you, from a pro, which might be a 100 or 200 bucks more, but all the parts are garunteed to be new, and u know who put ur computer together. soo if anything goes wrong ur not sending it back to some company, your bringing it to the man who actully built your computer. and that kind of one on one tech is better then any tech support you can get from any big company.

im not saying ur computer is junk, im just saying next time u look into buying another computer, save a couple extra hundred bucks and buy somthing a lil more pricey, cause in this buissness you really do get what you pay for.

Thread Information