StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries

Winter Weather Warning!

I've got a winter weather warning all night and tomorrow. We're not suppose to get that much snow (4-8 inches) but it's suppose to be a combination with ice/hail/sleet. I couldn't have got this at a better time cause I need a day to do nothing tomorrow! I have a horrible cold/sinus infection.

What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    about 85 degrees and lots of sunshine

chest6 is offline Banned
    yeah us too. What does that mean (Near Dallas) that means rain and the roads MIGHT freeze...uh oh! lol. People here freak out whenever it snows..

aadrenaline is offline Banned
    this winters been warm over on long island. i could use some snow.
    also it worries me a bit, because with staying basically mid 40's-mid 50's so far keeps the water warmer. now our water being slightly cooler is what mainly protects us from hurricanes. my worry is if the water doesnt drop to 30's this winter it may hold 70's into the fall longer making us more vunerable. and you think katrina was bad if a huricane of that magnitude hit long island and nyc area it would be REDICULOUS. they say a cat 3 would bring 20 foot surge into manhattan and well over a mile inland from long island south shore would be under water and pretty much be done.

so yea id like to have some of the damn snow colorados been getting, plus i enjoy snowboarding. went to vermont for a trip in december there was nooo snow.

chest6 is offline Banned
    20 foot surge..gawd that would be awful..into NY

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I saw that show on the weather channel where they showed what would happen if a hurricane hit NYC. It wasn't pretty.

getpaid is offline Associate Member
    Just had one hell of an ice storm this weekend..Its funny because it was almost 70 degrees on thurs night at 11:00 and by fri morning it was in the
    20's and freezing rain+sleet..It finally stopped today around 5pm, but I think the low for tues is supposed to be 2 degrees..The weather in Oklahoma is ****ed up..

aadrenaline is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI
    I saw that show on the weather channel where they showed what would happen if a hurricane hit NYC. It wasn't pretty.
    yea. and our beaches get smaller and smaller every year out here which means less of a protective barrier..."fire island" for those of you that are familiar. i live on the south shore and about only 2 min from the water. i work in a boat mechanic shop part time for extra cash in the summer. we're right on the water. it rained pretty good oneday the canals surged up about 4feet and came onto the streets we had white caps throughout the yard. pieces of wood floating through the shop it was like 2 feet deep but still this was a passing storm. i couldnt imagine the water riseing 20 feet. at high tide the water is only a foot down from the street.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    let it snow! kidding. i h8 the snow

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by getpaid
    Just had one hell of an ice storm this weekend..Its funny because it was almost 70 degrees on thurs night at 11:00 and by fri morning it was in the
    20's and freezing rain+sleet..It finally stopped today around 5pm, but I think the low for tues is supposed to be 2 degrees..The weather in Oklahoma is ****ed up..
    same thing with texas. I was chillin outside out work and it was 65 degrees. Within 15 minutes it was 39 LOL..i was like WTF

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    bring on the snow....my truck eats it for breakfast

chest6 is offline Banned
    wut kinna truck u got

Thread Information