Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED

LG's KE850 PRADA Phone

How much? $775 and $1,000

Check it Apple, LG just went official with their iPhone look-a-like LG KE850 Prada phone which they proudly tout as the world's "first completely touch screen mobile phone." Er, unless you consider the ones from Motorola, HTC, and others. Still, this is more than likely a dig at the iPhone which they can rightly make since the KE850 will hit select mobile shops and PRADA stores in the UK, France, Germany and Italy at the end of February and parts of Asia before March is through. Sadly, the KE850 is a non starter for the US market since this version is limited to tri-band GSM 900/1800/1900 with EDGE data. It's smaller than its fruity peer at just 98.8 x 54 x 12-mm resulting in a more compact, 3.0-inch display presumably with that 240 x 400 resolution we heard about earlier. In case you're keeping track (and we know you are), the iPhone goes quad-band GSM with EDGE and WiFi in a 115 x 61 x 11.6-mm shell sporting a 3.5-inch, 320 x 480 display. Also, the KE850 seems to lack any significant on-board storage opting instead for microSD to boost capacity. Like the iPhone, it packs a 2 megapixel camera (with Schneider-Kreuznach lens) and LED flash and Bluetooth 2.0. However, there's no mention of multi-touch capabilities, an on-screen keyboard, or the accelerometer and proximity sensors found on the iPhone. The KE850 PRADA's UI is Macromedia Flash-based and opts for a minimalist, white-on-black display as opposed to the more, shall we say, OS Xish GUI we've already seen floated. Feature-wise, the KE850 comes with a video player supporting MPEG-4, H.264, and oddly, H.263 normally used for video conferencing; a document viewer supporting Microsoft's PPT, DOC, XLS formats, PDF and TXT; an audio player with support for MP3/ACC/ACC+/WMA/RA formats; and a "music multitasking function for messaging," whatever that is. How much? €600/$778... that's how much. Still, a compelling choice for those who can't wait for the iPhone's Q4 European introduction or 2008 Asia launch.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Snrf is offline Banned
    I don't get why they keep branding phones with D&G or Prada or other names....People seem to be happy to pay a few hundred extra so they can have a phone with a name on it...and they're usually people who can least afford it.

Give me an iPhone anyday...i'm awaiting their UK release

There is some phone that retails for well over $1,000,000 it is diamond encrusted... do a google search for it and you will be amazed at how stupid some people are. I drop my phone on the regular, I can't imagine dropping it and having a $10,000 diamond falling off.

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member
    MOTOROLA should just make one like that and have it say MOTO! or Motoroli to make it Italian....LOL

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Meh, not impressed.

For an expensive phone that does nothing special look at the "Vertu" phones. They start at 5k.

I read yesterday that the Japanese are "yawning at the technology of the iPhone". I would like to see what they have that the iPhone doesn't.

The iPhone does more and is half the price. SVTMuscle said he wanted the Prada phone.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    WTF thats my phone....!!!

chest6 is offline Banned
    why would u spend that much for a fvcking cellphone

Maybe if it was a tazer, cellphone and gun in one Id get it

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    This lady at work bought hers for $5,000 or more. Kinda weird but i can't remember the brand but it starts with a V.

Louis Vuitton or
    Versace

UpstateTank is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6

LOL yes!!!

dont forget proximity mine mode either

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member

Quote Originally Posted by firmechicano831
    No, that is a different phone.

Snrf is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by firmechicano831
    This lady at work bought hers for $5,000 or more. Kinda weird but i can't remember the brand but it starts with a V.
    he was talking about the one he mentioned in this post carlos

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!

and if it gave oral pleasure

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by audis4
    and if it gave oral pleasure
    it does for women they talk for therapy

Foskamink is offline Banned
    i got a lg chocolate in the white a few months back everyone loves it, but i think its ugly love the motorolla v3 razors i got a titanium with a broken screen, gotta love insurance.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    The iPhone does more and is half the price. SVTMuscle said he wanted the Prada phone.
    That thing is pure sex!!! If that could carry Verizon, I would gladly spend $700 for it

pssst, didn't you also say you didn't get laid at all in 2006

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    That thing is pure sex!!! If that could carry Verizon, I would gladly spend $700 for it
    SVT man.. I respect you as a member of this board but fack! how can you justify spending that much $$$ on a phone! And prada makes handbags..... for women.

Quote Originally Posted by Polska
    SVT man.. I respect you as a member of this board but fack! how can you justify spending that much $$$ on a phone! And prada makes handbags..... for women.
    Style man. I'm not gay by any means, but I appreciate fashion and good style.
    Nike makes shoes for girls, but... I bet you've owned a pair at one time?
    Prada, D&G, Armani, Gucci, Versaci, etc are all the same as Nike, Express, Gap, whatever, both make clothes for each gender, but very expensive and classy
    Last edited by SVTMuscle*; 01-20-2007 at 09:00 AM.

shwamin2004 is offline Banned
    Phones come and go...I find zero pleasure in purchasing assets that depreciate in valley SOOO fast. I like everything in my life to GROW. It would be cool to have a phone like that for about 1 week and then I drop it and its a 700 dollar paper weight.

Quote Originally Posted by shwamin2004
    Phones come and go...I find zero pleasure in purchasing assets that depreciate in valley SOOO fast. I like everything in my life to GROW. It would be cool to have a phone like that for about 1 week and then I drop it and its a 700 dollar paper weight.
    Well, phones typically have a 2 year life span for usage in someones life, unless your old school and keep it for 4-5 years. And since cell phones are becomming so popular and a necisity in everyday life, you may as well have one that you really like, imo.

In North America the avg time one keeps a cellphone is around 1.5-2.0 years.
    The least was in Japan, South Korea and Hong Kong where it is changes, on average, every 0.5-0.8 year.

Well, phones typically have a 2 year life span for usage in someones life, unless your old school and keep it for 4-5 years. And since cell phones are becomming so popular and a necisity in everyday life, you may as well have one that you really like, imo.
    I meant more along the lines of how long are you going to enjoy the phone before another something better comes out and you want that instead...?

I meant more along the lines of how long are you going to enjoy the phone before another something better comes out and you want that instead...?
    well thats the problem with technology, that goes the same for any technology for that matters, PC's, gaming systems, phones, TV's, etc

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Style man. I'm not gay by any means, but I appreciate fashion and good style.
    Nike makes shoes for girls, but... I bet you've owned a pair at one time?
    Prada, D&G, Armani, Gucci, Versaci, etc are all the same as Nike, Express, Gap, whatever, both make clothes for each gender, but very expensive and classy
    I understand good style and nice clothing but spending seven bills on a cell phone seems .... a little much. but then again I am poor.

well thats the problem with technology, that goes the same for any technology for that matters, PC's, gaming systems, phones, TV's, etc
    True true... I own an computer, an xbox 360 as well as a tv to play it on. But I have to have a computer that can perform when I need it to. But A prada phone? You're just paying for the word Prada that is probably going to rub off after about 6 months haha. The phones not going to perform any better just because it says prada on it. That and I drop my current phone ALLLL the time and misplace it twice as much. Never dropped my desktop once...never gotta worry about misplacing it either.

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    ghey

True true... I own an computer, an xbox 360 as well as a tv to play it on. But I have to have a computer that can perform when I need it to. But A prada phone? You're just paying for the word Prada that is probably going to rub off after about 6 months haha. The phones not going to perform any better just because it says prada on it. That and I drop my current phone ALLLL the time and misplace it twice as much. Never dropped my desktop once...never gotta worry about misplacing it either.
    Yeah but for the price you paid for your 360 and games, I could buy that phone, and I don't like video games to each their own.

Thread Information