Thread: New to board

lil' juicer is offline Junior Member

New to board

Hey everyone! You are my kind of people. I'll be droping by from time to time.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome and enjoy.

ptbyjason Guest
    What's up lil' juicer? Good to have you over here bro. See you are in College Station, you an aggie? Just curious. I just moved to Houston myself.

No, I'm 36, too old for the Aggie scene. I make trips to Houston from time to time. I was there last month, at Cafe Adobe on the corner of South Shepard and Westhiemer (sp?). Best Margarita I ever had! Where do you work out at?

ptbyjason Guest
    That's right down the road from me, I think. I don't know where anything is, but I live near Shepard. I work out at a hospital that is associated linked to my school. I will probably change gyms soon, but for $10 / month, you can't beat that deal.

Jenna is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by ptbyjason
    That's right down the road from me, I think. I don't know where anything is, but I live near Shepard. I work out at a hospital that is associated linked to my school. I will probably change gyms soon, but for $10 / month, you can't beat that deal.
    Small world! I work by Shepard....actually in Greenway Plaza.....Buffalo Speedway... (2 blocks away) cool.

I particularly love that area -

<<<< JENNA >>>>

ptbyjason Guest
    Yeah it is nice, I have traveled down that way a couple of times. Is everyone from Houston? I swear I have met at least 4 people who are the last couple of days.

I wish they kept that Whole Market food store open on S. Shepard. I always loved thier bread. Especially the rosemary bread. Had my first shot of wheatgrass there. Sometimes when I'm in town I'll go to the store on Westhiemer just outside Beltway 8.. I spent more time in Houston when I lived in Galveston. Only thing I miss about that town is the seawall. The Gold's gym there is the worst gym I've ever been in. No power rack in sight and half the shit is worn/broken.

Talking

Great scenary Jenna!!

ptbyjason Guest
    Originally posted by lil' juicer
    I wish they kept that Whole Market food store open on S. Shepard. I always loved thier bread. Especially the rosemary bread. Had my first shot of wheatgrass there. Sometimes when I'm in town I'll go to the store on Westhiemer just outside Beltway 8.. I spent more time in Houston when I lived in Galveston. Only thing I miss about that town is the seawall. The Gold's gym there is the worst gym I've ever been in. No power rack in sight and half the shit is worn/broken.
    That Whole Foods is nice. I have been there a couple of times. I haven't tried the wheatgrass, but I might next time. I had no clue there was a seawall??? I told you I was new. Where is it? I haven't seen the Gold's. The Bally's off Kirby, is ok. 24 hour fitness is better though.

The seawall is in Galveston. Great for runners which I was back in the early 90's and 50 pounds lighter. Not that i'm a fatass, just skinny as hell back then. I mean I was all about running up and down that seawall like it was my life. Seawall blvd. runs along the seawall and on that blvd. is a Gold's Gym. Believe me, its a friggin joke!

Originally posted by lil' juicer
    They moved the Whole Foods off of Shepard and opened up a new one on Kirby @ Alabama. I go there for lunch at times and I love it!

Yea - I have seen that Gold's Gym in Galveston - it's pretty nasty!

<<<< JENNA >>>>

That Whole Foods is nice. I have been there a couple of times. I haven't tried the wheatgrass, but I might next time. I had no clue there was a seawall??? I told you I was new. Where is it? I haven't seen the Gold's. The Bally's off Kirby, is ok. 24 hour fitness is better though.
    Oh yea - Jason - the seawall he was referring to is the one in Galveston, about 45 minutes south of downtown. The Gold's Gym he was referring to was in Galveston also.

The only main gyms in your area would be 24 Hour and Bally's in the Village (off of Kirby). The only thing I don't like about that Bally's is having to go from floor to floor during my workouts! I just like staying in one area of the gym and getting my workout done.

I have been to the 24 Hour Fitness on Westheimer.....seems a bit too small for me - and I don't like having to wait on machines....

I am happy with my gym now. (Monday's suck though - too crowded...)

<<<< JENNA >>>>

I always workout in the mornings. My job fortunately allows me to get in a quick workout before I have to be there. I like morning workouts also for the reason I'm already spiked with caffine and GH levels are higher in the morning. Should be less crowded then too. At least in this area the gym is less crowded in the mornings.

ptbyjason Guest
    I've got to get out more. I haven't been to Galveston yet. I met some people that go to school down there. Maybe I should check it out sometime.

That Whole Foods has the Jamba Juice, right? I have been there twice. They have a ton of stuff in there that I am not familiar with. A lot of natural things that the average grocery store doesn't carry. Pretty cool for a change. A little high for a poor student though.

That Bally's was weird. It was kind of like 4 different gyms stacked on top of each other. The top was like a dungeon. I almost signed up but I backed out. They wanted no less than a two year contract, and the price wasn't that great. I went to the 24 hour fitness on Westheimer the first day I was in Houston. They offered me a job personal training, but it is too far to travel from my place, especially with traffic. Do you workout outside of the loop?

Do you workout outside of the loop?

Well, not sure who this question is aimed at but, in case it's at me - I work inside the loop. One block from Richmond - hence, the feder road @ 59.

The Whole Foods I am referring to is the one with the Jamba Juice inside it. They are a bit expensive for day to day grocery shopping, but they're different. There is also a place you may want to try right down that road (Alabama - right) after that Cierra Southwestern furniture place called Ziggy's Healthy Grill. They aren't that expensive and it's really healthy prepared food. I love it ! I am a regular.

<<<< JENNA >>>>

ptbyjason Guest
    I meant to say, do you workout outside the loop, sorry. I didn't know if you worked out at 24 hour, Ballys, or some other place.

I am going to check out that place. It sounds good. Have you ever been to Fire and Ice on Kirby? It is delicious.

I meant to say, do you workout outside the loop, sorry. I didn't know if you worked out at 24 hour, Ballys, or some other place.

I am going to check out that place. It sounds good. Have you ever been to Fire and Ice on Kirby? It is delicious.
    No - whats Fire and Ice - I have never even heard of it.... I may have to check it out! I workout close to where I live. I live about 20 minutes from downtown - (I'll PM ya.)

<<<< JENNA >>>>

Thread Information