Thread: kawasaki z1000

kwakisaki is offline Associate Member

kawasaki z1000

hi guys what u think of this bike?

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    what level rider are you. that is how long and what have you been ridding ?

taken from KAWASAKI’S NEWEST VERSION OF THE Z1000 OFFERS STYLE, FUN, AND PERFORMANCE

Kawasaki engineers have literally upped the ante in the naked bike arena with the introduction of the newly-redesigned 2007 Z1000. Offering both increased performance and the styling to complement the visceral riding enjoyment it provides, this purpose-built Kawasaki is sure to find a home in the garages of both practical motorcyclists—and those simply seeking a smile-producing weekend ride.

This latest incarnation of the Z1000 features a seriously bulked-up performance capability that is created by refocusing engine and chassis characteristics for serious street riding. With one liter of superbike technology, the Z1000’s boosted engine performance provides greater exhilaration when passing or pulling out of corners. This version of Kawasaki nakedness has been tuned to satisfy the most demanding musclebike riders. Not only will its reconfigured torque measurements provide low-end get-up-and-go, but the increased pull follows through its mid-range, giving the rider extra thrust for conquering most road challenges.

Placing maneuverability at the forefront of the engineering task, Kawasaki has developed a new engine sub-frame and re-engineered chassis rigidity balance to provide truly outstanding feedback, enabling the rider to read and respond to all motorcycle behaviors, in all speed ranges.

Improvements in mass centralization and revised ergonomics have significantly enhanced the synergy between rider and machine. The handlebars of the Z1000 have been positioned closer to the rider, and combined with a slimmer saddle, the result offers a more compact riding position. This, in turn, lets the rider take full advantage of the motorcycle’s greater stability and sharp, nimble, handling characteristics, while making short work of their favorite ribbon of asphalt.

A big increase in the “Fun to Ride” factor is an unavoidable side-effect when you couple a more powerful engine with a more maneuverable chassis. When it comes right down to it, isn’t that what motorcycling is all about?

This particular model—perhaps more than any other—speaks to the intrinsically raw desire of the dedicated motorcyclist. While providing maneuverable, functional transportation in any daily environment, it provides the ability to unleash the fun-seeker in every rider. And it does it with Kawasaki performance and styling characteristics unmatched in the naked bike category.

Features
    Coming Soon!

Specifications
    Engine Type 4-Stroke, Liquid-Cooled, DOHC, 4-Valve, 4-Cylinder
    Displacement 953 cc
    Bore & Stroke 77.20 x 50.9 mm
    Maximum Torque 73.1 lb-ft @ 8,200 rpm
    Compression Ratio 11.2:1
    Fuel Injection EFI, Keihin 36mm throttle body x4
    Ignition TCBI Digital Advance
    Transmission 6-Speed
    Final Drive Chain
    Rake/Trail 24.5°/4.1 in.
    Front Wheel Travel 4.7 in.
    Rear Wheel Travel 5.9 in.
    Front Tire Size 120/70 ZR17
    Rear Tire Size 190/50 ZR17
    Wheelbase 56.9 in.
    Front Suspension Telescopic Fork
    Rear Suspension Uni-Trak Swingarm
    Front Brake Type Dual 268mm Disc
    Rear Brake Type Single 216mm Disc
    Fuel Tank Capacity 4.9 gal.
    Seat Height 32.3 in.
    Dry Weight 452 lb.
    Overall Length 82.3 in.
    Overall Width 30.7 in.
    Overall Height 41.9 in.
    Ground Clearance 6.3 in.
    Color Metallic Diablo Black
    Warranty 12 months
    Good Times™ Protection Plan 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
    Last edited by cj1capp; 02-18-2007 at 01:54 PM.

ebjack is offline Senior Member
    always had kawasaki products...an old 100cc when I wa 14...a Zx7 a couple of years ago (probably should have had the zx12 for my weight)...
    very high revving engines...almost impossible to destroy

love em...love em all

kwakisaki is offline Associate Member
    i have a kawasaki z1000 i do track days,so u know how much experince i will have innit L17?

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    ok what I was saying is I have been ridding for almost 25 years. I just want to be sure you have the experience needed to control that bike so you dont kill your self. Sounds as if you are able to handle that bike well.
    I like the GSXR 750 0r 1000 but they run a little more in USD. I have had booth and if you wanted to save a few buck the Kawasaki is just awesome. If money is no issue then I like the GSXR as it a lot more torque as its a lighter bike with a higher displacement factor.

Specs
    Engine: 999cc,4-stroke, four-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, TSCC
    Bore Stroke: 73.4 x 59.0mm
    Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
    Fuel System: Fuel Injection
    Lubrication: Wet Sump
    Ignition: Digital/transistorized
    Transmission: 6-speed, constant mesh
    Final Drive: #530 chain
    Overall Length: 2045mm (80.5 in)
    Overall Width: 720mm (28.3 in.)
    Overall Height: 1130mm (44.5 in.)
    Seat Height: 810mm (31.9 in.)
    Ground Clearance: 125mm (4.9 in.)
    Wheelbase: 1415mm (55.7 in.)
    Dry Weight: 172 kg (379 lbs.)
    Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, fully adjustable spring preload, high & low speed compression and rebound damping
    Suspension Rear: Link-type, gas/oil-damped, fully adjustable spring preload, high & low speed compression and rebound damping
    Brakes Front: Dual hydraulic disc
    Brakes Rear: Single hydraulic disc
    Tires Front: 120/70-ZR-17
    Tires Rear: 190/50-ZR-17
    Fuel Tank Capacity: 18 liter (4.8 gal.)
    Color: Blue/White, Black/Orange, Yellow/Silver
    Last edited by cj1capp; 02-18-2007 at 08:53 PM.

duramaxedge is offline Senior Member
    Ive road one man.. there bad ass.. If I were going to buy another bike it would be a kawasaki 636 ninja..

Thread Information