Jiesel is offline Associate Member

anyone in Delaware?

Just about fed up with my current partner....where to start....lack of dedication....never on time.....Id be better off working out alone besides the few times I need spots....oh well guess It aint meant for everyone....Just venting...

How many of you work out alone, how many with 1 partner, how many with 1+?

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    I wish I had a training partner. It's great to train with somebody so you can really push yourself at the gym. But it's hard to find a partner where your schedule is the same. Sometimes it's better off working out alone, I just ask some stranger in the gym to give me a spot and they always don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by STYLE74
    I wish I had a training partner. It's great to train with somebody so you can really push yourself at the gym. But it's hard to find a partner where your schedule is the same. Sometimes it's better off working out alone, I just ask some stranger in the gym to give me a spot and they always don't mind.
    yea schedule seems to be the biggest problem...in the beginnig we had similar schedules so mornings worked but hes in sales so now hes doing morning appointments...

But definatley have to agree I'd always want someone bigger with more experienced so I can push myself harder to their level.....

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    close to wilimington?

yup within a few miles, in newark....workout at the Y on kirkwood...bout to switch to golds (or whatever they named that now)....

Says you PowerLift, entering the contest April 21st in New Castle?

no i just did one in new york. who is sanctioning the meet? what organiaztion? i only compete now in the APF. i am in philadelphia,ever care to take a trip up, you are more than welcome

This is an APF meet....Its sanctioned I guess by the gym "The Training Center" in New Caslte...It's called the The Delaware Power Classic, I'm not competing but hoping they have enough room where I can spectate the event...

http://www.de-apf.com/

Went to play poker at a friends house the other night and met one of his child hood friends whos a PL and is entering this meet. Big ass dude. He was 6'1 250ish, said hes 12%BF but looked a bit higher. Said his Big 3 were 16--, mid 400 bench, mid 500 squat, and mid 600 DL....I'm looking forward to see what people are Lifting around here in DE in the 181 and 200 weight class....see If I have a chance to compete at a later date.

damn Just read your stats and this dudes numbers aint shyt compared to yours....dont know much about PL so I didnt know what was big or not

750 squat 600 press 650 dead 2000 total at 198lbs,hell iwould be even happy at 1900lbs
    thats crazy, I cant see any reason you wouldnt be top ranked in that weight class at this event

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    I dont beleive in Delaware. Its not a real place, your the only person I have ever known to say they live in Delaware. And how can I be sure you not one of the Govt officials that contribute to the Delaware theory.And that is a scienific fact.

obviously you never had a proper education to learn about the original 13 colonies and how Delaware was the first state to ratify the U.S. Constitution in 1787...

Doc Sus, something you will be entering?

That does not convince me. It could all be fake

Quote Originally Posted by Jiesel
    damn Just read your stats and this dudes numbers aint shyt compared to yours....dont know much about PL so I didnt know what was big or not

thats crazy, I cant see any reason you wouldnt be top ranked in that weight class at this event
    no this is what i am shooting for this year, i havent done it, best so far 650 squat 575 press 605 deadlift .

since i just competed, i want to take some time off, it is near impossible to do back to back meets. also take me about 12 wks to peak for a contest, i cant do big numbers all the time, i have to work my way up for the meet. i also pooped a blod vessel in mybicep at the last meet, it needs time to heal, as well as my mind need time to heal, going under heavy weight all the time is very taxing on your central nervous system, maybe in the future, i will consider doing this meet since it is close.

southmadejd is offline Member
    I agree with Schmidty. Along with North Dakota....of course now you see North Dakota more in the news....supposedly.

Quote Originally Posted by southmadejd
    I agree with Schmidty. Along with North Dakota....of course now you see North Dakota more in the news....supposedly.
    where do you see north dakota in the news?

southmadejd is offline Member
    Remember that pretty girl was kidnapped in North Dakota a while back. She was kidnapped by some hispanic guy but it was the first time I ever saw North Dakota in the news....and the whole Fargo movie thing.

Quote Originally Posted by southmadejd
    Remember that pretty girl was kidnapped in North Dakota a while back. She was kidnapped by some hispanic guy but it was the first time I ever saw North Dakota in the news....and the whole Fargo movie thing.
    ok that was a while ago, i havent seen jack about either dakot in a long time, i have to make my way up there and see what it is like, i am curious to see alot of nothing

So now their is the Delaware Theory and the North Dakota theory.Who knew

dhriscerr is offline Senior Member
    I picked up a friends body that was killed in Iraq at the Air Force Base In Dover, Delaware. It really does exist. I was sceptical at first but realized it was there, Unless its just an extension of Pennsylvania, that people are trying to liberate??

[QUOTE=dhriscerr]I picked up a friends body that was killed in Iraq at the Air Force Base In Dover, Delaware. It really does exist. I was sceptical at first but realized it was there, Unless its just an extension of Pennsylvania, that people are trying to liberate??[/QUOTE]
    Sorry about ur buddy but this sounds more likely.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    spent some time in ocean city md. met someone who claimed to be from delaware. he gave me sh*t cause i pronounced newark the "wrong" way. i'm from jersey so newark to me is nork, not new ark. told him to piss off before i brought him up to newark. mine not his.

Thread Information