Thread: Mommy dearest!

Mike Dura is offline Senior Member

Mommy dearest!

You want to see a funny movie? Check out "mommy Dearest" about the relationships between a daughter and a narcissistic, histrionic hollywood star. Mommy says, "why don't you give me the respect that I'm ENTITLED." Daughter answers, because I'm not a fan!!!!!!! With that, mommy jumps on top of daughter and starts choking her. It's pretty funny stuff. How did I ever miss this movie? I was LMAO. And who can forget the line, "NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!"

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    You know that was a true story right?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    it is a grat movie, it isnt suposed to be funny, but it is, joan crawford was a loon

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    my daughter calls me daddy dearest, when she wants a hand out

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    My mom made me watch that with her when I was like 10, her and my mom were kinda similar

lol my mom loves to make references to that movie....

"no wire hangers everrrrrrrrrrrr" that and the making her scrub and was with bleach...

pretty weird wild stufff

ps. post 800

I know it wasn't intended to be funny and that's what makes it even funnier - the irony. It's like the movie takes itself very seriously but it falls short of it's intended impact. I liken the petty fighting and squabbling to the three stooges.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    it is a grat movie, it isnt suposed to be funny, but it is, joan crawford was a loon

ect0m0rph is offline Member
    Yeah my mom loves that show she is always joking, "No more wire hangers" just saw it the other day pretty funny.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dura
    I know it wasn't intended to be funny and that's what makes it even funnier - the irony. It's like the movie takes itself very seriously but it falls short of it's intended impact. I liken the petty fighting and squabbling to the three stooges.
    i hear you, that is exactly what maeks it funny, i alsothink alot of scarface is funny,especialy when tony starts to scream at people! the funniestmovies sometimes are the ones that werent supposed to be funny at all

Who doesn't love scarface and "say hello to my little friend" in a cuban accent?! Although I see what you mean, scarface, unlike mommy dearest, is a respected movie and a classic. Mommy dearest really reveals the author (or step daughter) as a person who has an axe to grind I think. But I am intrigued by Crawford's Narcissism. I think there's definately some truth to that inspite of the movies overstatements and histrionics. Usually, where there's Narcissism there's also sadism as well. I think the film would have been more balanced if it made an effort to humanize Crawford rather than making her into a cartoon though. Those petty little fights were too funny though. I'd watch it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    i hear you, that is exactly what maeks it funny, i alsothink alot of scarface is funny,especialy when tony starts to scream at people! the funniestmovies sometimes are the ones that werent supposed to be funny at all
    Last edited by Mike Dura; 02-27-2007 at 01:57 PM.

Thread Information