Nose bleed while working out

So yesterday was back day and i just getting into my back workout and i was on my second set of dumbell rows and all of a sudden my nose just started gushing blood...it lasted for about 20 minutes and i was pretty light headed...but after it stopped i was able to finish my workout with anymore bleeding...

any have any ideas what this could be from...i was a lil scared

Snrf is offline Banned
    what are u running? sounds like high blood pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Snrfmaster
    what are u running? sounds like high blood pressure

Thats the thing...im not running anything at all...or else i would attribute it to that...

just NO shotgun which ive been taking for about 3 weeks

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Well, if not running anything, see a doc dude.
    Thats usually assoicated with high blood pressure. Either way, you should go to the doc. Better safe than sorry.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    How's the weather where you are? You could be just dried out. I get nose bleeds often in the dry winter months until I put a vaporizer in my bedroom for when I'm sleeping. Picked it up for around 40 bucks at a local pharmacy.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI
    How's the weather where you are? You could be just dried out. I get nose bleeds often in the dry winter months until I put a vaporizer in my bedroom for when I'm sleeping. Picked it up for around 40 bucks at a local pharmacy.

hmmm thats a good point...im in SW Pa and our weather has been pretty goofy lately...we just got slammed with about 4 inches of snow today

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx
    Well, if not running anything, see a doc dude.
    Thats usually assoicated with high blood pressure. Either way, you should go to the doc. Better safe than sorry.

yea i was thinking that too if it happens again ill make an appointment...

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    that happens to me sometimes also bro. if they were bent over rows it could have been from your head being lower than your heart and forcing more blood to your face, also if you notbreathing properly it can increase your BP temporarily. dry air causes blood vessel ruptures also. winter air has very little humidity in it, especially if its at or below freezing. humidifiers work well for that last situation. hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoLifter
    that happens to me sometimes also bro. if they were bent over rows it could have been from your head being lower than your heart and forcing more blood to your face, also if you notbreathing properly it can increase your BP temporarily. dry air causes blood vessel ruptures also. winter air has very little humidity in it, especially if its at or below freezing. humidifiers work well for that last situation. hope it helps.

I think that sounds about right...thanks for you response!

Thread Information