Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 Elite

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED

Xbox 360 Elite

Xbox 360 Elite: new, black limited edition Xbox with HDMI and 120GB drive.

• The Elite will be limited quantities only; that may be as much or as little as a couple hundred thousand.
    • The case, controller, and Live headset will all be black. It will have all new packaging.
    • Elite will cost $479, and will be a 3rd SKU; it will be sold alongside Premium and Core packs.
    • Eventually Elite hardware (in white plastics) will take the role of the Xbox Premium. That is to say, after the Elite is launched and sold out, future Xbox Premiums will have 120GB / HDMI.
    • We do not yet know exactly when 120GB / HDMI will become the standard for Premium, but it is loosely estimated to be late summer or fall.
    • Elite models run cooler than normal 360s, but they are not yet confirmed to have 65nm chips.
    • Prices may remain the same with the 120GB / HDMI hardware upgrade in the Premium Xbox, but we may still see a price cut on the line when 65nm chips start shipping.
    • The HD DVD drive will not be internal or bundled -- Microsoft never did or nor does not currently have plans to put an HD DVD drive in the 360.
    • There are no current plans to integrate WiFi into the Elite or future Premiums (although that can always change).
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Pops1985 is offline Associate Member
    Beautyfulll

$479 and doesn't include HD DVD, WiFi or online gaming??? The 20 gig PS3 is $20 more and comes with a blu-ray HD DVD.

???

If you add on the HD-DVD Drive (the equivalent to Blu-Ray drive in a PS3), the 360 is $679, add on xbox live, it is well over $700. So generally, if you match feature for feature, the PS3 is a much better buy.

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    Hmmm, maybe Microsoft will send me one of these puppies in exchange for my broken XBOX360? I shipped it off to Microsoft today so we'll see....

Beefkake31 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    $479 and doesn't include HD DVD, WiFi or online gaming??? The 20 gig PS3 is $20 more and comes with a blu-ray HD DVD.

???

If you add on the HD-DVD Drive (the equivalent to Blu-Ray drive in a PS3), the 360 is $679, add on xbox live, it is well over $700. So generally, if you match feature for feature, the PS3 is a much better buy.
    The PS3 is lacking in an area where the X-BOX is not.... GAMES! No really they have been saying that the games are on the way for months now but still nothing, I already have the X-BOX 360 and was going to get the PS3 also, but they have no games.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkake31
    The PS3 is lacking in an area where the X-BOX is not.... GAMES! No really they have been saying that the games are on the way for months now but still nothing, I already have the X-BOX 360 and was going to get the PS3 also, but they have no games.
    XBox has been out over a year. The PS3 only 4 months. Of course Xbox has more games. Give the PS3 a year then see how many games are out. I just think the PS3 per feature is a better buy.

Foskamink is offline Banned
    xbox 360 is a big let down compared to what xbox did to ps2.. ps3 definetly will come on top here

ps3 launches in the uk on friday. you can ring any store and they will guarantee one for launch day.
    doesnt seem as if its gonna do that great on launch over here.
    thankfully everyone has realised that us brits get fvcked over with everything.

XBox has been out over a year. The PS3 only 4 months. Of course Xbox has more games. Give the PS3 a year then see how many games are out. I just think the PS3 per feature is a better buy.
    While I agree it has only been out for 4 months I guess we have to wait and see but in terms of it also being a better buy I would have to disagree. You were comparing them wrong, you can't compare the xbox elite which is a limited quantity and the high end to the lowest end ps3. If you are comparing then let us compare the low end ps3 and low end 360 one is 299 the other 499 so that is a 200 dollar difference right there which is the difference of the HD DVD so it pretty much comes out even with the exception of paying 5 dollars a month for xbox live. So it pretty much comes down to games and hopefully in 6 months from now we can make a better comparison but in terms of a better buy I would say it is about equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkake31
    While I agree it has only been out for 4 months I guess we have to wait and see but in terms of it also being a better buy I would have to disagree. You were comparing them wrong, you can't compare the xbox elite which is a limited quantity and the high end to the lowest end ps3. If you are comparing then let us compare the low end ps3 and low end 360 one is 299 the other 499 so that is a 200 dollar difference right there which is the difference of the HD DVD so it pretty much comes out even with the exception of paying 5 dollars a month for xbox live. So it pretty much comes down to games and hopefully in 6 months from now we can make a better comparison but in terms of a better buy I would say it is about equal.
    The lowest Xbox 360 does not include a hard drive ($100 add on) or HD DVD ($199 add on) That totals $598 and that does not include the Xbox live monthly fee. The 20 gig PS3 includes both for $499.

manwithin is offline Associate Member
    Yes I think if you look on the hardware side you get more for your money buying an PS3, but if you look at the games PS3 is losing it biggest exclusives games. GTA4, Devil May Cry 4...
    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Dev...-360-3373.html

yourmom is offline Associate Member
    The elite model incorporated HDMI 1.2 which means that it simply doesnt have the bandwith to support native 1080p60 native games. Yes, the Elite (Well any 360) will upscale the native 720p games to that resolution, that does not mean it will do it any better than the video scaler inside your television. The only realistic benefit that HDMI has concerns HD-DVD movies that run at 1080p24

The second misconception is that "Digital is better than analog." In some cases this may be true, but running 720p analog cables over a few feet results in absolutely no loss of signal quality. The case of "analog has to be converted to digital" versus the "digital doesnt need to be converted" simply doesnt hold true. Even a digital signal needs to be converted multiple times do to varying formats.

My last point concerns the DVD "upscaling" on the Elite 360 versus the old 360. Unless major revisions to the hardware have been done to the Elite, the new format will offer no added benefit to DVD viewing. It was been well established that the Xbox 360 is not very good for dvd viewing (http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...2088531,00.asp) The term "upscaling" is thrown around too much. Yes, the Xbox will "scale" a DVD to your TVs resolution but that does not mean the picture quality is any better than allowing your TV to do it over 480p component (in fact your TV probably does a better job). The 360 does a poor job of deinterlacing, 3:2 pulldown, etc and adding HDMI will not make a single difference in those regards.

A ps3 Downgrades to 720p and will never support 1080i or 1080p. The 360 is still the most powerful gaming platform available.

Buy the way.... GTA4 and devil may be 360 exclusives. (Microsoft bought the company)

Bottom line... This is only a marketing ploy to put the nail in the coffin of Sony.
    Last edited by yourmom; 03-28-2007 at 08:59 PM.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Halo 3 will be the nail in the Coffin. All hail Halo 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54
    Halo 3 will be the nail in the Coffin. All hail Halo 3!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Hey Carlos, will you send me one? I'd like to test it out

Quote Originally Posted by yourmom
    A ps3 Downgrades to 720p and will never support 1080i or 1080p. The 360 is still the most powerful gaming platform available.

Bottom line... This is only a marketing ploy to put the nail in the coffin of Sony.
    What the hell are you talking about?

The PS3 ouputs all HD resolutions including 720p, 1080i and 1080p. I have a PS3 and a 1080p display. It does. Where did you read that it didn't? An Xbox forum?

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Hey Carlos, will you send me one? I'd like to test it out
    I can get you a PS3.

I thought PS3 was Blue-Ray DVD, not HD DVD?

What the hell are you talking about?

The PS3 ouputs all HD resolutions including 720p, 1080i and 1080p. I have a PS3 and a 1080p display. It does. Where did you read that it didn't? An Xbox forum?
    It's true. Of course it looks great. I'm a mod at a gaming site. I own a ps3, 360, and a wii. (I love games) Im giving you a unbiased veiw. The 360 IS a superior machine(dont tell me 7 yr old) but the blue-ray in a PS3 runs at 720p and the 360 will run at 1080i. 'THE ELITE', will upgrade to 1080p(so they say) Your eyes may not see the differance. I run all on a 46' Plazma with 7.1 Denon receiver. I can see the differance. Dont buy a Elite is what im saying, but the premium is the better buy over the ps3. XBOX LIVE ROCKS! period.

With that said.... Damn you are pumped!

Im pumped about this... ps3 dont have this.

Xbox 360 > Ps3

If I didn't already own a 360 I would get the elite

ChaoticLifter is offline New Member
    Its all about the money between sony and microsoft.

I also agree that the xbox360>ps3
    better games, online play, graphics

I believe by the time the ps3 gets around to developing games worth a sh't to take advantage of the system, microsoft will have a new console out.

More PS2s sold last month than PS3s.

Gears of War
    halo 3 (ps3 will never have this game)

The only reason i want a gaystation 3 is for a bluray disc. I think bluray players alone are in the 1000 dollar range ( is this correct)

Aside from RPGs (Final Fantasy), there isn't really any reason to get a PS3 for myself. Maybe if the price drops big time or I win the lottery, then I will buy one.

I thought PS3 was Blue-Ray DVD, not HD DVD?
    PS3 is blu-ray. I didn't say it wasn't.

PS3 is blu-ray. I didn't say it wasn't.
    You're right, you didn't. Thats my cue to go to bed, I'm seeing things

chest6 is offline Banned
    I can get you a PS3.
    How much?

but the blue-ray in a PS3 runs at 720p and the 360 will run at 1080i. 'THE ELITE', will upgrade to 1080p(so they say) Your eyes may not see the differance.!
    I mod a home theater forum and I own a $4,000 Sony XBR LCD. It has an on screen display meter that shows each format it is displaying. Blu-ray outputs at 1080p PERIOD. Why do you think home theater enthusiasts are running out to buy it? To watch blu-ray movies at 720p. Don't be ridiculous! Again, the blu-ray DOES NOT OUTPUT AT 720p. It outputs 1080p on a 1080p display. I'm sorry but you are misinformed.
    Hop over to the AVS Forum and do some readiong.

With that said.... Damn you are pumped!
    Thank you for the compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticLifter
    The only reason i want a gaystation 3 is for a bluray disc. I think bluray players alone are in the 1000 dollar range ( is this correct)
    Incorrect. You can get a Samsung blu-ray player for $499 on Amazon.

Maybe if the price drops big time or I win the lottery, then I will buy one.
    The Xbox Elite costs more than a PS3.

60gig PS3 includes blu-ray dvd player + Wifi + 60gig HD = $599

Xbox Elite $479 + HD DVD Player $199 + Wifi Adapter $100 = $778.00

For $20 more you can get a 20gig PS3 and it includes a blu-ray DVD player. Why would you buy the Elite when it doesn't even come with an HD DVD player. I just don't get it. If you compare them side by side the $499 PS3 is a better buy.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    More PS2s sold last month than PS3s.
    i think the public has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by justinandrews7
    i think the public has spoken
    The PS2 also out sold the Xbox and Wii last month. What's your point?

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    fan boys on both sides. so dumb. one thing you guys arent considering....even if the PS3 was far and away better then the xbox360 it would not matter because microsoft blasted through many exclusive contracts that sony had. the GTA series for instance that was on PS2 came out for xbox a year later and they were just ports of the PS2 version. the opposite will exist now. the 360 has the leg up, engineers have a head start on the software and are already bashing how hard and annoying the ps3 is to program. games that are on both consoles will be built on the 360 platform THEN ported to the ps3......

besides ps3 cant compete with xbox Live, their server is way too powerful. its comparable with PC gaming platforms.

I think we should just agree to disagree.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/index.html

this is what happens when you port games...they dont come out as nice.

Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250

LOL Carl is at our site.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information