fenceguy is offline Associate Member

anyone else bled in the gym

was doing incline with dumbells last night. Was feeling super strong. started with 60 a side do 8 reps, 60 second rest, go up another 5 pounds. got to 80 a side, squeezed out 8 with a little struggle but not much. Decided to go for 85 a side. Never done that much weight but felt great. Asked a guy in there for a spot. had him put the weights in my hand resting on my shoulder/chest. get situated told him to help me up on the first. Well get half way up, he lets go of my wrists, Can't support the weight, down they come, Right hand weight lands on my shoulder, Left hand, not so lucky. Decides to bounce the dumbell off my chin before coming to rest on my shoulder. Drop the weights, sit up. I got an inch long gash on my chin, bleeding like a stuffed pig.
    OOOPS!!!!!!! do I feel like a tool. Needless to say, I lost a little bit of my motivation and decided to just go hang out on the treadmill for an hour. Figured it was safer.

chest6 is offline Banned
    People suck at spotting.

Thats y Im lucky to have a great liftin partner right now. We see eye to eye on everything..

Why not put the db's on your knee and then sling them back?

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    that sucks man, I only ask someone I trust that can do it right and watch my back. Some people are just so ****en dumb.

dhriscerr is offline Senior Member
    I was trying to catch 2 plates from sliding off a bar when someone was squating and was leaning bad with no clips, and got there just in time to catch the weights when they fell off the bar and the weight on the otherside sent the bar into my chin and I bit through my bottom lip, had like 5 stitches on the outside of my lip and a few dissolveable ones inside. That was in highschool though.

chest6 is offline Banned
    lol..thats why instead of helping catch weights flying I just wait for the bar to tip then laugh. I've come close too many times with flying bars

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Lol, I dont ask for spots at the gym, because most people dont knwo how to spot, I bled once at the gym, it was at the gym I used to go to, the tricep pushdown cable had a tear in the rubber surrounding the wire and the wire was a bit freyed and as i was coming up the wire caught me caught me on the chin and then on the nose, I was cut in both places, I left the gym about a year later and the stupid thing still wasnt fixed, lo, that gym was run like shit.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    only when i deadlift

skipp is offline Senior Member
    Only time I've bled in a gym was my drol's fault, my nose POURED like a fvckin waterfall..

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    who spots you by the wrist?

dhriscerr is offline Senior Member
    ^^^^ thats how I get spots when im using dumbells

lpicken is offline Associate Member
    Spotting is a lost art. I have met about 2-3 people in my lifetime who understand the concept of a good spot. I could write a book on proper spotting technique, but that is a whole different thread.

Zanelike is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godkilla
    only when i deadlift
    same here.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member

I don't lift any weights that i can't handle by myself. I'd rather use good form and get the most of out every rep then struggle to get the first one.

Jakspro is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godkilla
    only when i deadlift
    If i go real heavy and forget to wear long sweats, i'll get a rub on the shin or a callous starts bleeding.

When using DB for any benching, if you can't get one rep with Full range of motion you should prolly go down in weight. Glad to hear it didn't roll over and smash your whole face.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Victor was training me for legs and I gashed my knee open bumping into a machine right before starting squats. As I did squats at the bottom with my knee bent it made blood gush out and it was running down my leg into my sock. He asked me if I wanted to stop and I said NO!... I'm fine! He brought me stuff to bandage it between sets.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    ok another i dont get. how come you got 80's up by yourself but you needed this moron to help you get 85's up?!

slob is offline Member
    Victor was training me for legs and I gashed my knee open bumping into a machine right before starting squats. As I did squats at the bottom with my knee bent it made blood gush out and it was running down my leg into my sock. He asked me if I wanted to stop and I said NO!... I'm fine! He brought me stuff to bandage it between sets.
    THAT is what i like to hear!

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Hell yeah!! Hardcore through and through!!!!

fenceguy is offline Associate Member
    I wish i knew. I couldn't understand it either. Mental block maybe. I don't know. I was pissed though.

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    People suck at spotting.

Thats y Im lucky to have a great liftin partner right now. We see eye to eye on everything..

awe thats cute you guys gonna get married?

ru-ga-ru is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6

Thats the way to do it right there

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    everywk i deadlift, i bleed. blood drips on my socks, i also bleed form the nose very rarely when doing max squat work and i bust blood vessels in my eyes all the time

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    I have had calluses burst open while deadlifting and bleed like a girl on the rag. I have also had my shins and my teardrops of my knee bleed from the bar scraping them on the way up during deadlifts.

daytrader is offline Member
    I ALWAYS cut my knees/shins up from deads

Thin Ice is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakspro
    If i go real heavy and forget to wear long sweats, i'll get a rub on the shin or a callous starts bleeding.

When using DB for any benching, if you can't get one rep with Full range of motion you should prolly go down in weight. Glad to hear it didn't roll over and smash your whole face.
    I had that problem when I would deadlift with my legs in a wide stance with my arms on the insides of my legs; I would see a bloodstain actually forming in my pant legs during my workout. I somehow just assumed that I could get more leverage that way. However, when I tried a narrow stance with my arms outside my legs, I was surprised at how much more leverage I actually got that way! Also, contrary to my expectation, I could also clear the bar past my legs more easily without skinning them.

Thin Ice is offline Junior Member

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    everywk i deadlift, i bleed. blood drips on my socks, i also bleed form the nose very rarely when doing max squat work and i bust blood vessels in my eyes all the time
    When pushing my workout to the max, I've busted blood vessels in my nose, but never my eyes. I finished the set while bleeding and cleaned the blood out of my carpet between the following sets.

Bursting eye blood vessels sounds like bad news! Does that affect your vision?
    Last edited by Thin Ice; 03-22-2007 at 08:56 PM.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I let very few people spot me.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Thread Information