lpicken is offline Associate Member

Essential/Recommended Bodybuilding books...

Here are three Bodybuilding/Weightlifting that have had a profound impact on my training as well as my life. I highly recommend them. Do you have any to add to the list?

Arnold Schwarzenegger: The New Modern Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding-This is the bible-the granddaddy of all books in this genre. It is the best $20 you will ever spend.

Bob Paris: Gorilla Suit-My Adventures in Bodybuilding This chronicles the life story of Bob Paris and his rise to the top. Paris has been labeled by Flex magazine as well as many others as the most aesthetic bodybuilder of all time.

Mike Mentzer-The Wisdom of Mike Mentzer Possibly one of the one books ever written that covers philosophy as well as strength training. A must read for anybody who spends above average time in the weightroom and wants the most out of life.

Lance Armstrong: It's Not About the Bike: My Journey Back to Life. and Every Second Counts These books are off the subjects of bodybuilding, but are a must read as they shed light on what takes to overcome adversity and be successful. If you have half a heart, these two books will make you cry. I balled my eyes out.

Quote Originally Posted by lpicken

Mike Mentzer-The Wisdom of Mike Mentzer Possibly one of the one books ever written that covers philosophy as well as strength training. A must read for anybody who spends above average time in the weightroom and wants the most out of life.

Lance Armstrong: It's Not About the Bike: My Journey Back to Life.
    I have a degree in Philosophy. The philosophy Mentzer espouses (Randian school) is considered so aweful that virtually no colleges anywhere in the USA requre reading anything by Ayn Rand to get a degree in the field. In fact, not only do most schools not require it, most philosophy departments shun her work. You should to, if you're interested in philosophy.

Mentzer was, as the story goes, severely mentally ill for a large portion of his life.

The Armstrong book is top notch. I read that a week or two ago, after seeing "You, me, and Dupree"

lpicken is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Roberts
    I have a degree in Philosophy. The philosophy Mentzer espouses (Randian school) is considered so aweful that virtually no colleges anywhere in the USA requre reading anything by Ayn Rand to get a degree in the field. In fact, not only do most schools not require it, most philosophy departments shun her work. You should to, if you're interested in philosophy.

Mentzer was, as the story goes, severely mentally ill for a large portion of his life.

The Armstrong book is top notch. I read that a week or two ago, after seeing "You, me, and Dupree"
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention your book as well. I did not know that about Ayn Rand and her branch of philosophy. I actually one took one philosophy course in college and it was hard! Yeah, Mentzer was definently mentally ill, but he is still one of my favorites and walked the fine between absolute madness and absolute genious. I thought he committed suicide or at least that is what I first heard, but the book said he died of heart complications. There is still no denying that he had one of the most impressive physiques of all time.

Thread Information